Oceana Arabian Gulf cruises: flights form Manchester

tom_uk

Has anyone booked on an Oceana Arabian Gulf cruise from Manchester got their flight details yet?

I ask because I've just enquired about details of these cruises from P&O and was told that they are using Virgin from Manchester. Yet as far as I can see Virgin don't fly to Dubai from Manchester. Trying some dates for Feb 2019 on the Virgin site gives me no flights at all. Altering the dates to June this year (just to see how they might be doing it) produces a wonderful itinerary - via Flybe to Aberdeen or Edinburgh and Heathrow!

I gather that the obvious choice of airline, Emirates, are only being used from Birmingham and Gatwick - at least, that's what I was told.

Does anyone have any actual booking details yet?

If P&O have chartered the flight then it probably won't show on Virgins website,it should show on Manchester Airports departure listings though,don't know how far ahead you can look on that though.

Do you think it would be a charter? I had assumed that for flights to Dubai they would book seats on scheduled flights. But I could be wrong. I know the Caribbean flights are charters, but DBX is the world's second-busiest airport overall, and the busiest for international flights, so there's no shortage of flights to there.

Emirates are the only airline flying direct from Manchester to Dubai and they have 3 flights a day using the A380.

If there are enough people, it could be more economical for P&O to charter another plane such as Virgin. Only P&O will know.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a response as follows

It will depend which date you wish to fly on with which cruise number.

However, as an example, I have the following information:

E904 08 Feb 19

LGW - Emirates - departing 08 Feb 19, 20:25 arrival in to DXB at 07:20 09 Feb

Departing DXB 19 Feb 19, 14:35 arrival in to LGW 18:25 19 Feb 19

There are no upgrades available on these LGW flights.

MAN - Virgin - departing 08 Feb 19, 21:30 arrival in to DXB at 08:30 09 Feb

Departing DXB 19 Feb 19, 11:30 arrival in to MAN 16:00 19 Feb 19

These Virgin flights have Economy, Premium Economy and Upper Class available.

Obviously you will need to check with our Reservations Team on 03453 555 111 for the cruise you want to take as all flights will be subject to availability.

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Kind regards

Helen

Guest Services

P&O Cruises

cid:_1_0B40660C0B4063A0004510058025827A

I hope I have been able to resolve your query to your satisfaction. If possible, please can I ask you to take a couple of minutes to complete our short customer satisfaction survey on the service I have provided. This will help us to improve our service in the future. To access this survey, please click on the link below:

>Provide Feedback<

*If you are responding to this email, please reply with history*

NB. If you would like to make a booking, please contact our Reservations Team on 03453 555 111. Alternatively, if you have an existing booking and would like to update your immigration details, pre-reserve your shore excursions or would simply like to view details of your booking, flight information and cruise itinerary, please log on to your Cruise Personaliser at www.pocruises.co.uk/cruisepersonaliser

Virgin has a premium economy option which is much less to upgrade to than with emirates as they only have business & first class grades. Although premium economy doesn't compare with business class it may be a more affordable option.