Best transportation from Pier 91 in Seattle to Sea-Tac?

Define "best". That means different things to different people. For us, it is in the back of a limo sipping champagne.

There are many threads here, and on the West Coast Departures board, where Seattle is typically covered, on Seattle transport. To add to Kamloops list, and high on our list is towncar. I believe Stila has the airport contract, but we have used AlreadyThere, which is mentioned often here.

Define "best". That means different things to different people. For us, it is in the back of a limo sipping champagne.

There are many threads here, and on the West Coast Departures board, where Seattle is typically covered, on Seattle transport. To add to Kamloops list, and high on our list is towncar. I believe Stila has the airport contract, but we have used AlreadyThere, which is mentioned often here.

yes... I should have been more clear.....looking for a limo service!

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked SeaTac Town Car service. It's basically same price as Seattle Express, for 4 people. Plan is for pickup with SUV at Seatac area hotel (with luggage), then from Pier to Airport, a town car (no luggage). No stress, we hope.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At home I uber, no issues.  From Seattle pier to Sea/tac we found Taxi stand off the ship Quickest to Sea/tac!

When we got off the ship, there must have been 300 people waiting for their Uber rides.

There was literally NO WAIT at the Taxi stand.  We were gone in 30 seconds.

From Sea/'tac to Pier.... we got frustrated waiting for Uber, and hauled all our luggage back to the

Taxi stand. Was able to get a Van to hold all of us and our luggage.  Almost same price and the

taxi driver was very nice.  They seem to be going out of their way to be Nicer.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

we arrive at seatac in the pm.the next day  , we will have one full day to see some of seattle and then the next day we go to the pier and cruise to alaska. is it best to book a hotel close to seatac and ride public transportation to downtown then ride back to the hotel for a cab ride to the cruise terminal.  or plan b  book a hotel close to downtown, see the   sights,then catch a cab to cruise terminal then a cab to seatac when we return ?  any advice ?

13 hours ago, JOHNNYBMILLS said:

we arrive at seatac in the pm.the next day  , we will have one full day to see some of seattle and then the next day we go to the pier and cruise to alaska. is it best to book a hotel close to seatac and ride public transportation to downtown then ride back to the hotel for a cab ride to the cruise terminal.  or plan b  book a hotel close to downtown, see the   sights,then catch a cab to cruise terminal then a cab to seatac when we return ?  any advice ?

As mentioned above, "best' is a totally subjective personal decision. We don't know what might be "best" to you.

Some reading on this board, and as mentioned the West Coast Departures board where Seattle is frequently covered, will find most people stay at the airport for cost savings- the hotels are cheaper. But staying downtown gives you far better access to everything Seattle offers, which is a lot. Downtown can be expensive.

A little more standard sentence construction and capitalization would make your post much easier to comprehend.

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

As mentioned above, "best' is a totally subjective personal decision. We don't know what might be "best" to you.

Some reading on this board, and as mentioned the West Coast Departures board where Seattle is frequently covered, will find most people stay at the airport for cost savings- the hotels are cheaper. But staying downtown gives you far better access to everything Seattle offers, which is a lot. Downtown can be expensive.

A little more standard sentence construction and capitalization would make your post much easier to comprehend.

as re "standard sentence construction and capitalization",,i never learned to type in high school or college. at my advanced age,,im doin the best i can. when i say best,,i guess i mean most convenient. any help would be appreciated

17 hours ago, JOHNNYBMILLS said:

as re "standard sentence construction and capitalization",,i never learned to type in high school or college. at my advanced age,,im doin the best i can. when i say best,,i guess i mean most convenient. any help would be appreciated

Since it's at least an hour each way from an airport hotel to downtown using transit (LINK light rail, with hotel shuttle to/from the nearest station or SEATAC) staying downtown is definitely more convenient. While cabs would be faster if you avoid rush hour, the cost of cabs into town and back would mean you should have just spent cab fare + airport hotel room on a downtown hotel instead!

We like Seattle Center - it has several 'high value' attractions itself (Space Needle, Science Center, some museums, Chihuly) and is very walkable to the downtown core things like Pike Place, SAM etc. if you can handle a mile or so on foot. You also avoid most of the steep slopes walking in from here.  The Mediterranean Inn has become our preferred off-season choice (no AC means no summer visits for us, but if you're more tolerant of warm weather you may find it good all year round). Big roof deck with views, plenty restos around.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JOHNNYBMILLS said:

we are cruising june 7 to alaska from seattle. we return 6 14, plane leaves about 11 am. is it reasonable to believe we can get a cab early enough to get to airport by 8 thirty or so ?

A little reading on the West Coast Departures board, as discussed up thread, would reveal flights are NOT recommended before 11:30.