More newbie questions about the Shadow

poinsettiaplate

Here are more newbie questions about the Shadow: Is there a clothesline in the bathroom for daily personal laundry? Are the hangers in the closet removable from the rod? Is the verandah door a sliding one or a hinged one? Is the DoNotDisturb/RefreshRoomNow notice electronic or card? If a card, does it insert into the key card slot or hang on the door handle? If it hangs, does it stay there reasonably well?

Thanks.

Here are more newbie questions about the Shadow: 1)Is there a clothesline in the bathroom for daily personal laundry?

2) Are the hangers in the closet removable from the rod?

3) Is the verandah door a sliding one or a hinged one?

4) Is the DoNotDisturb/RefreshRoomNow notice electronic or card?

5) If a card, does it insert into the key card slot or hang on the door handle? If it hangs, does it stay there reasonably well?

Thanks.

1) yes

2) yes

3) sliding

4) card

5) door handle, and yes

Is the verandah door a sliding one or a hinged one?

The rest I could figure out, but now I'm curious: what do you pack differently if the door is hinged vs sliding?

Edited by Unibok
fix typo

Just got off the Shadow, and made the 24+ hour trip home. To expand on your answer regarding the clothesline (for those of us that are doing our own wash) - there is a string line over the bathtub. However, I found that there was a better, more efficient way of drying clothes - the walk-in closet. There is a multi-rung rack in the closet, mounted to the wall, which was just begging for clothes to be draped over or on hangers - best part, there was air ventilation in there, so things dried pretty quickly. Ironically, they dried quicker in the closet than in the dryers on board in the laundry! Not sure if it was the butler or room steward, but apparently they were monitoring the progress on my laundry, and took the time to move the dry stuff off the rack and hang it back up on the rod, and reposit the remaining clothes to give them a bit more room. When nothing was on the rack, my dress shoes were delightfully brushed and displayed as though they were climbing up the wall - hilarious.

Jan (jetlagged, confused, but need to pull it together to go to work this morning)