Follow the drink packages on Freedom of the Seas - 4/14 to 4/22

Hi Ya'll. I am attempting to do a live blog/review of my sailing on Freedom of the Seas leaving in 2 days. There have been a few reviews of her recently so I will mostly be sharing drinks had by myself and party of 15 of my closest friends and family. Because I know I always love hearing what everyone is drinking on board when I follow live reviews. Of the 15 of us I think half of us will have the drink package, so there will be a lot of drinking. There was some hesitation on my part on whether to get it this go around or not with the new rule of everyone in the stateroom having to purchase. But in the end I decided to get it and I feel so much more relieved. I like not having to worry what my bill will be at the end of the week. So first a little about the group I will be sailing with.

Myself (Randie) and my husband Dan have been married for almost 25 years now. We have a 28 year old daughter who is married with 2 little boys ages 16 months and 2 months. They are angels. This is my 9th cruise with RCI and my husbands 3rd. I am a drinker and my husband is not so he has the refreshment package instead. I tried talking him into the drink package but he said to save my money. Oh well.

My mother in law, Helene, is also not a drinker. She is a travel agent and has gone on countless cruises with tons of different cruiselines, but surprisingly not so many with RCI. She is rooming with a lady, Linda, who I have actually never met before. It is my mother in laws sister's, husbands, sister. Or maybe it is his sister in law. I'm not really sure. In fact her sister, my aunt, may not actually be her real sister as the story goes she was left on the front steps, but gosh she looks just like her mother. ;) That's a story for another day. No drink packages for them.

There is also my husband's brother Russ and his wife Peg. They both have the drink package and they seem to love Miami Vice as they found that last year on their first cruise with us. So maybe this year we will find them something new and exciting. lol.

One of my husband's other brothers, Frank and his wife Pat are also going with us. (my husband is one of 7 children) This will be their first cruise and they are excited and very nervous. We have been trying to talk them into cruising with us for a few years now. Pat has the drink package but Frank does not. In fact Frank was a surprise coming on the cruise and Pat was supposed to be rooming with Mom and Frank decided at the last minute he wanted to go.

Lastly, we have a bunch of friends going with us. Mitch and Tracey (no drink packages-their 2nd cruise), Brian and Wendy (Brian has drink package, Wendy does not-I think this is their 3rd cruise. 2 previous on Carnival), Jeremy and Heather (both drink package-They say they have gone on a few cruises but I have no other details), and our only solo cruise Rob (I am unsure if he has the drink package but I'm hoping someone told him to get it-he also said he has been on a couple cruises previously).

Anywho, That is the 15 of us. We all live in the NJ, MD, DE area and will be meeting tomorrow morning to start our trek to the airport and down to Fort Lauderdale for our overnight hotel stay. I welcome any drink recommendations and will try to answer any questions you have about the trip and ship. I am super excited and we all know I will get no work done today. Thank you for following along.

Looking forward to your review! My wife and I will be on Freedom next month for an anniversary cruise, and we will be partaking in the drink package as well. I am especially interested in hearing about how crowded/difficult it is to get a drink at the bars, and if it is even possible to get a glass of wine in the MDR without bringing it from elsewhere. My wife is a white wine drinker, so any tips/thoughts you have on white wine would be appreciated. I am a craft cocktail guy - so I think the R Bar will be my spot. At any rate - have a great trip.

Cheers.

Good morning everyone. Today is travel day! I did not sleep hardly at all last night. It is always a problem for me with all the excitement and anxiety of if I forgot anything. It is 7am east coast USA and you know what that means.

It's bloody Mary time!

34fd4d22ee1ef26c6dc2bf64ea5599fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Arrived at the airport extra early for those who have anxiety about missing the flight. So now we have an hour and a half of drinking at the bar before boarding. I continued with the bloody Mary's but I see several beers and Malibu bay breezes around and the we are now all together and catching up before the short flight to FLL.1fe6fc6a053d46c68a4abf1cea67624d.jpge278dd20e67320e2693260e8189ee69d.jpgf5685dfb03cf5d1b124830b9a59ba853.jpg

Good morning everyone. Today is travel day! I did not sleep hardly at all last night. It is always a problem for me with all the excitement and anxiety of if I forgot anything. It is 7am east coast USA and you know what that means.

It's bloody Mary time!

Woohoo!! My kinda girl!! This should be good!

We are staying at Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale. I've heard mixed reviews but I got the room for free back when it was still a Hyatt. Our room is nice but could be cleaner. Mitch and Tracey said their is a puddle in their bedroom from the AC leaking so I would still say mixed reviews. Stopped at the bar by the pool. Sorry I drank my Rum and coke too quick to take a pic. Off to dinner. My mother in law is allergic to fish so we can't eat at the place we wanted to originally. So we will venture off the grounds. 8536f42b1cd66898c906dda770ab2589.jpge108d8993994e413c9cc0d276828e2c6.jpg428ebc3285bf74d9dfe58bf4a8ac146f.jpg