Please tell me your opinion regarding Celebrity

zoryana

Hello my favorite people!

I think we made up our mind... Celebrity Cruises.

May 25th of 2018

But... I have heard so many people say, that Celebrity is for "the older generation!"

We are going for our honeymoon.

You are trying to create a perfect cruise/honeymoon. There is no such thing. It is what YOU make of it. If you are looking for a particular ambiance, you might have to go with a slightly older demographic. We like Celebrity. Like their ships, and atmosphere. EM

Since it is your honeymoon, and you have waited so long for to take one, the other passengers might be far less important than the fact that the two of you are finally there, together. Go with what you have decided -- it sounds wonderful.

I think it depends on how social you plan to be? If you're going to be very social / outgoing, maybe you want a ship with more younger crowd / people your age group and so on. But if you are going to be focusing on spending it with your spouse, then does it matter?

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a Celebrity cruise in March, are in our 50s and were concerned about the ages of fellow passengers before we left. We were definitely in the younger 1/3 of the passengers. We had a "nice" time. It wasn't the most fun we have ever had, but we we still had fun. The service and food were very, very good. We met some interesting people and enjoyed their company. With that said, my husband and I like different things--I like more active vacations and he likes to relax. If we were the same type of vacationer, I might feel differently, bit there were a few times I felt a little bored, so I had to learn to relax--not the worst thing! Try things you have never done, appreciate the sunrise and sunset, explore new places and have a wonderful time!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Holland is generally the oldest demographic. Celebrity is kind of mixed, but not far behind. NCL and Carnival have mainly younger or family groups, and Carnival certainly has the most weight challenged guests.

The timing and length of a cruise certainly affects the guest mix. Longer cruises, newer ships and "exotic" ports tend to attract older or more experienced cruisers, while school breaks and vacations as well as 7 day or shorter cruises tend to be popular with families. The shortest 3 or 4 day cruises are usually called booze cruises here on CC.

Like all generalizations, there are always exceptions.

I think Celebrity would be fantastic for a honeymoon, no matter what age group the OP belongs to. Hopefully they booked a balcony or suite and will have a few specialty dinners during their cruise to make it even more memorable. Happy honeymoon sailing!

Holland is generally the oldest demographic. Celebrity is kind of mixed, but not far behind. NCL and Carnival have mainly younger or family groups, and Carnival certainly has the most weight challenged guests.

The timing and length of a cruise certainly affects the guest mix. Longer cruises, newer ships and "exotic" ports tend to attract older or more experienced cruisers, while school breaks and vacations as well as 7 day or shorter cruises tend to be popular with families. The shortest 3 or 4 day cruises are usually called booze cruises here on CC.

Like all generalizations, there are always exceptions.

I think Celebrity would be fantastic for a honeymoon, no matter what age group the OP belongs to. Hopefully they booked a balcony or suite and will have a few specialty dinners during their cruise to make it even more memorable. Happy honeymoon sailing!

You really didn't mean to say anything about Carnival guests and weight did you?;)

Unless you want non-stop noise and activities, Celebrity is perfectly fine. Nice ships. Great service. It's a cruise vacation. It's fine and dandy.

Keep in mind that during school vacations Celebrity will have loads of families.

define 'older generation' our one celebrity cruise was in our 40s and we were perfectly happy. however, if you want late night dance parties and a very lively vibe, you will probably be disappointed. its casual, but refined and laid back