Was the upgrade fairy in full swing?

Reenie75

Just scrolling posts and it seems like the upgrade fairy was in full swing within the last week from cruises starting next week upto one year in advance!? Wondering if something is going on with sales?:confused:

I received an upgrade email for sailing April 2019 Legend Hawaii. I declined it mb a better one will come, mb not. :confused:

Lmao thought it was an upgrade for my cruise next week. No luck!

Edited by Reenie75

Not sure but it seems the upgrade fairy is working overtime. We are booked on our fourth Carnival cruise. On the previous three, we didn't receive any upgrade offers.

On the cruise we have coming up, our kids received an upgrade offer from an inside to a balcony for about $100. We grabbed it! They moved from an inside cabin directly across the hall from us, to a balcony just 1 door down the hall.

Then a few weeks later, they received a further upgrade offer to move from deck 6 to Lido for just $24. We passed, because we have a few cabins all booked in the same location on deck 6 and want to keep our group together.

And then a week or two later, my husband and I received the same upgrade offer -- $24 to move from Deck 6 to Lido.

Again, we passed because our entire group can't move. (If it had been just the two of us, we would have moved instantly!) But it's been interesting to see these upgrade offers come in. Never had upgrade offers on our previous cruises.

As it turns out, my kids are paying about $400 less for their balcony cabin than my cabin -- same category, just a few feet away from each other -- thanks to the upgrade offer. Final payment is due in 10 days. I keep checking and hoping for a price decrease!

Agreed! Was thinking the same thing. Lots of upgrades lately, and I got my first upgrade offer ever this past week (after 30 cruises!). I got it one week after I booked the cruise, and it is still 4 months away in August (busy season for cruising)... was really surprised!

Deck 10 Balcony on 4 day Conquest from an inside for $148.

Don't know what is going on, but I hope they keep them coming!!! ;)

If you book through a TA, does Carnival call you directly with upgrade offers? Or do they call the TA? Or does Carnival only solicit upgrade offers from customers who book directly without a TA?

In almost 20 years of cruising, I have never gotten an upgrade offer from Carnival. But then again, I mostly book through a TA.

If you book through a TA, does Carnival call you directly with upgrade offers? Or do they call the TA? Or does Carnival only solicit upgrade offers from customers who book directly without a TA?

In almost 20 years of cruising, I have never gotten an upgrade offer from Carnival. But then again, I mostly book through a TA.

I booked with an outside agency Got my email the other day for an upsell for Feb 24, 2019 I booked quite a while ago so i paid really cheap. I am booked in a cabin 7429 on the empress deck on Magic. They wanted to upgrade me to deck 9 9444 which is right under the pizza kitchen area for 89.00 total.

Now If i go into the carnival web site-- that 9444 is ONLY 17.00 more then what i paid. Buyer beware and do your math

Just scrolling posts and it seems like the upgrade fairy was in full swing within the last week from cruises starting next week upto one year in advance!? Wondering if something is going on with sales?:confused:

I received an upgrade email for sailing April 2019 Legend Hawaii. I declined it mb a better one will come, mb not. :confused:

Lmao thought it was an upgrade for my cruise next week. No luck!

I received one for my March 2019 sailing on the Breeze. I don’t remember exactly the amount, something like $499 extra for a balcony from my inside cabin. I assume that was a pp rate, and personally, I wouldn’t pay that if it was for the two of us total. I deliberately book only inside cabins to save money, so shelling out another $1,000, or even just $499 is not acceptable to me. Now, if they want to give me an upgrade without any added cost, I’d take it. But I won’t pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you get upgrade offers if you paid in full?

Yes, because I paid for my cruise in full when I booked, and I received one, but it was too much of an increase to entice me to move from my inside cabin to a balcony. I book insides to save big $$$, so it’s not appealing to me to pay more than I already paid. Now I’m reading of some great offers of under $100 total for 2 people, and that’s much better. But the only great upgrade, is a free upgrade, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The correct term is Upsell Fairy. As far as how frequently they do upsells has to do with how the cruise is selling. We did receive an upsell from an interior to a Havana Cabana for our Mediterranean cruise leaving Sunday. Our cruise wasn’t selling out, and there were tons of cabanas left when they called me. Guess people didn’t want to spring for a cabana for a cruise with only one sea day. I wouldn’t have paid full price for one myself, but the deal we got was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In March I was going on the Pride and I got a call 2 days before the cruise asking if I'd like to go from an inside to a balcony for FREE.

Premium Balcony.....it was one of the best cabins I ever had!

I get a lot of calls for upsells but this was my first FREEBIE....:D:D