Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse in Hakodate Near Cruise Port?

shilo5

Thank Heather I am doing an excursion that will bring us to the warehouse. I don't know when I'd be back to Hakodate so I want to see as much as I can. Have a good day.

Make sure to try the Snaffles that are sold there. They are individual "one-bite" cheesecakes that are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! http://www.snaffles.jp/english/

About a 15-20 minute walk if your ship docks near the Motomachi Park terminal. If it docks near the ferry terminal, no.

Kanemori is right near the base of the mountain.

Is that where our ship docks? NCL Jewel? At the Motomachi Park terminal?

Is that where our ship docks? NCL Jewel? At the Motomachi Park terminal?

We should be docking at Minato-cho Wharf, near the ferry terminal. The Jewel is too large (over 30,000 tons) to dock at the Nishi terminal by the park.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. An excursion to see the Red Brick Warehouse????? Really????. Not necessary. Hakodate is a very do it yourself place. We were just there. Did everything on our own. Had a great lunch at the brewery right in the warehouses. Shuttle Bus from pier dropped us off at the Bus / Train Station in downtown Hakodate (right across from Sheraton hotel). We then bought a bus/tram pass for 1000 Yen and proceeded to visit all the key sites, the fort with all the cherry blossoms, the Red Brick Warehouses, the Motomachi Historic district and then we walked to the Ropeway (very scenic) and took the ropeway to the top of the mountain for a beautiful sunset. Let's just say that our own little adventure cost us a total of $30 bucks USD while the cruise ship wanted if I remember something in the region of $120 US per person for a ride up the ropeway at 8 pm at night to see the night lights. The sunset lights were equally beautiful (I compared pictures with other folks who wasted their money on that tour) in their own opinion. Again, this town can be done on the cheap and it lovely walking around town or taking the bus /tram to all the sites.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...