NCL Getaway - marriage proposal?

janabanana1701

This August my girlfriend and I (along with her 3 kids :hearteyes:) will be going to the Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Getaway. I have been waiting for a special occasion to pop the question and I have decided that this cruise may be the time/place to do it! I was hoping to do something memorable and was thinking about singing one of “our” songs at karaoke and calling her up to join me towards the end of the song…then once it’s over, whipping out the ring and asking her to marry me!

So, here’s my question/concern…. given that we’re a lesbian couple, would this be okay on a NCL ship? We sailed together a couple of years ago on the Norwegian Spirit in Europe and people seemed open – there was even a lesbian couple in the Perfect Couple Game Show! But given the different locations of the cruises, I’m not sure if it would be a good idea to put it out there like this? Anyone have any experience on Caribbean cruises, NCL and lesbian marriage proposals? (Or something similar?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've completed 4 NCL cruises and have always felt comfortable. We discovered cruising a long time after we got married so no proposal experience but everyone, staff and passengers alike, have been extremely accepting.

You will probably get a huge round of applause and congratulatory drinks. We're Royal Caribbean cruisers and did a honeymoon cruise. We received recognition and a special dessert at dinner one evening.

Wishing you the best!