Is it really best to book cruises on a Thursday?

kaymoz

It’s like what my dad used to say about the best time to go fishing; when you have time to go fishing. We just booked 2 cruises for 2019 yesterday. The price was right, the departure when we are able to go, the itenerary ok. We just do it and enjoy the countdown. YMMV.

Clickbait :rolleyes:

And I fell for it :D

The differences they show Tuesdays / Wednesdays / Thursdays/ Fridays are so miniscule as to be inconsequential.

And - revelation - there's a great deal less price activity on sundays..:rolleyes:

But there'll be headlines like this on the internet for as long as mugs like you and I keep clicking. ;)

JB :)

Well since with most cruise lines you can take advantage of price drops prior to final payment, when you book is not significant. Simply watching for price changes and adjusting your booking accordingly - either directly or through your travel agent, depending on how you booked - is more the key.

It's not like you are locked into the price at which you originally booked, so - even if that is accurate - the day of the week that you book doesn't matter. And prices with most cruise lines and itineraries will usually change - often more than once - from the time the itinerary is first introduced until final payment.

To change cruise prices every week would cause cruse line's website programmers and bookings/accounting departments nightmares. BUT Travel Agents can adjust their prices whenever they wish, even on Wednesdays, since they would be sacrificing their own commissions in doing so.

Any day and time is a good time to book a cruise, just keep an eye open for price drops and request the lower price from whomever you booked.

To change cruise prices every week would cause cruse line's website programmers and bookings/accounting departments nightmares. BUT Travel Agents can adjust their prices whenever they wish, even on Wednesdays, since they would be sacrificing their own commissions in doing so.

Any day and time is a good time to book a cruise, just keep an eye open for price drops and request the lower price from whomever you booked.

I'm not aware of any TA's that adjust cruise prices - they offer perks out of their commissions.

What I am reading is that there is a larger number of price drops on Thursday, as compared to the rest of the week.

What I am not reading is that the price of a cruise is significantly lower on Thursday, as compared to the rest of the week.

One price drop of $100 (if it were my cruise) would significantly be better to me than 100 cruises dropping their price by $1, yet the above graph would show the latter to be 100 times more than the former.

Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures. Evan Esar

Our upcoming cruise has done nothing but climb, even with the "sales" on it. I do dummy bookings often after we book and all I can say is we book when we see a "deal" or a price that we can live with. After that, you can watch, wait and see. I see people say they found a drop in the price of their cruise and how much they saved, same cruise as me, but it's still more than what I paid so I guess I hit it on a good day. .

I didn't fall for the click bait.. did it suggest going to GS and asking for a free upgrade, also?

You didn't fall for what you believe is click bait, yet you are curious as to what was stated in the link. Guess you'll just have to click on it and find out for yourself......:rolleyes: