Lisbon

We are on the Dream next week and visiting Lisbon. We like to walk around and take in the atmosphere and see some sights. Has anyone got any recommendations for an intresting day and the places we really should see. Sight seeing from a bus or taxi is not suitable as my husband has very poor sight and needs time to focus. Any thought on how we can spend our day

We are on the Dream next week and visiting Lisbon. We like to walk around and take in the atmosphere and see some sights. Has anyone got any recommendations for an intresting day and the places we really should see. Sight seeing from a bus or taxi is not suitable as my husband has very poor sight and needs time to focus. Any thought on how we can spend our day

We have docked in Lisbon three times. This time (May) we want an easy/interesting day so are booking the HOHO Tram tour (think San Francisco style trams).where you get to places you wouldn't see on ordinary buses.

There's a lot to see in Lisbon- only scratched the surface on our 2 visits. We loved the castle for the peace and views- it's up a big hill though! Best option is transport up and walk down. We didn't have time to figure out the trams but would love a ride in one of the historic ones next time. Also liked the beautiful squares and enjoyed a ride in Sta Juste elevator.

Thanks for quick replys. I had thought of getting some form of public transport up to the castle and after spending some time in the area walking back with lots of stops for coffee etc.I would love to make the most of our time but with so much to see that is spread over the city I just need an easy and achievable itinerary.We are going to be there on a public holiday and with several other large cruise ships so l think there may be lots of people using the trams,lifts etc.l would love to find a morning walking tour so l could just follow and listen.

Have you considered a free walking tour? We always do them, the guides work for tips and you can give as little or as much as you like.

We like them as they give you an overview of the top sights. We then make decisions on which places to return to after the tour has finished.

They usually last 2 hours or so.

Here is a good one:

http://www.neweuropetours.eu/lisbon/en/home

Thanks for quick replys. I had thought of getting some form of public transport up to the castle and after spending some time in the area walking back with lots of stops for coffee etc.I would love to make the most of our time but with so much to see that is spread over the city I just need an easy and achievable itinerary.We are going to be there on a public holiday and with several other large cruise ships so l think there may be lots of people using the trams,lifts etc.l would love to find a morning walking tour so l could just follow and listen.

You may find this of interest https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/lisbon-l42/free-walking-tour-of-lisbon-t39551/

Oops - sorry nw_man - didn't see your post!