Drums Of The Pacific Luau

gerelmx

We’ve attended Drums of the Pacific at Ka’anapali’s Hyatt Regency Maui hotel when having visitors & thought it was a good large hotel luau.

It’s more affordable & discounts are available however the Hawaiian luau at the “Old Lahaina Luau” & the Polynesian “Feast at Lele” were much better. Being so popular there are no discounts & reservations are often required weeks in advance.

I think it’s the best on Kaanapali. Well worth it. Premium VIP seating in front helps make it a more special experience.

"Drums of the Pacific" VIP seating is listed on their website at $153.00 each for adults. We have seen discounts on this, but it still seems pricey in comparison with such popular luaus as "Old Lahaina Luau" and "Feast at Lele". We aren't keen on hotel events since they don't seem as captivating as those that are strictly luaus, and would sincerely be curious why you feel it is worth more than the other venues?

I don't know if they still do it but there was a luau at the Sheraton Maui that was outstanding. We were on Oahu and skipped attending the luau at the Ko Olina beach club due to the price but if you stand in the lobby and look out over the grounds you can catch some of the show.

"Drums of the Pacific" VIP seating is listed on their website at $153.00 each for adults. We have seen discounts on this, but it still seems pricey in comparison with such popular luaus as "Old Lahaina Luau" and "Feast at Lele". We aren't keen on hotel events since they don't seem as captivating as those that are strictly luaus, and would sincerely be curious why you feel it is worth more than the other venues?

We live there- we’ve been to most of them over the years with family visiting. This one has been the one that’s consistently good and entertaining. It also spans to other Polynesian cultures so isn’t strictly Hawaiian which keeps things interesting.

The truth is that they’re all quite touristy (being in a hotel or not really doesn’t make a difference here) and the food is generally all ok but nothing to write home about (Old Lahaina has been the most inconsistent in our experience food wise). We’ve found Drums to be reliable and it’s where we take people visiting.

Thank you everybody for your comments, We will be on the Eclipse cruise Oct 1, 8AM to Oct 2, 5PM and Oct 4, 8AM to 6PM as the show starts at 5PM the only option available for us is the overnight day Oct 1. and that day want to do the Road to Hana, maybe we will miss the show:D

Celebrity brochure says availability the 3 days and the show starts at 8:31 AM:eek:

Celebrity brochure says availability the 3 days and the show starts at 8:31 AM:eek:

What? You don’t want a breakfast luau? :eek:

I like local favorites such as Loco Moco for breakfast but not for a luau. ;)

Whatever you decide are your best options have a great visit. It’s great to have 3 days with more time to enjoy exploring Maui.

What? You don’t want a breakfast luau? :eek:

I like local favorites such as Loco Moco for breakfast but not for a luau. ;)

Whatever you decide are your best options have a great visit. It’s great to have 3 days with more time to enjoy exploring Maui.

Loco Moco looks great, thank you

We live there- we’ve been to most of them over the years with family visiting. This one has been the one that’s consistently good and entertaining. It also spans to other Polynesian cultures so isn’t strictly Hawaiian which keeps things interesting.

The truth is that they’re all quite touristy (being in a hotel or not really doesn’t make a difference here) and the food is generally all ok but nothing to write home about (Old Lahaina has been the most inconsistent in our experience food wise). We’ve found Drums to be reliable and it’s where we take people visiting.

We live here too, and have to say we are feeling old at the moment because we figured back and it has been over thirty years already since we first attended Drums of the Pacific.

We live here too, and have to say we are feeling old at the moment because we figured back and it has been over thirty years already since we first attended Drums of the Pacific.

A show with so much years running must be a tradition.

A show with so much years running must be a tradition.

Don't know that we'd call it tradition as much as good business since the production company that organizes Drums of the Pacific is all over the state and employs more than 1,000 people in their various venues. On the other hand, Old Lahaina Luau and Feast at Lele are local. All are very well run, so please don't base any choices on that. Do whichever luau appeals most to you.

I write a email to celebrity shorex, they just call me. They say the hours of the show are OK, It will be a Lunch Luau. atarts at the dock at 8:30PM and returns to the ship at 3:30PM

Now you've got us curious. What do they propose to do with everyone between 8:30 a.m. (believe you did mean to say a.m.) and the start of the luau?

Now you've got us curious. What do they propose to do with everyone between 8:30 a.m. (believe you did mean to say a.m.) and the start of the luau?

Nothing match now I have 3 schedules for the show Celebrity phone call, Celebrity Web site & Hyatt. Instead of making clear now I’m more confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing match now I have 3 schedules for the show Celebrity phone call, Celebrity Web site & Hyatt. Instead of making clear now I’m more confused.

Might be worth a shot to try the Maui office of Tihati Productions (they do Drums of the Pacific) at 1-808-877-7627 (from U.S. phones though). Since they are directly involved doing the show, we hope they will be able to give you the right information.

Might be worth a shot to try the Maui office of Tihati Productions (they do Drums of the Pacific) at (808) 877-7627. Since they are directly involved doing the show, we hope they will be able to give you the right information.

Thanks for the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Possibly the lunch luau is a private event for cruise ship passengers? This could accommodate passengers from several ships. If Celebrity says that you can purchase a luau that returns to the ship by 3:30 p.m. then it must be so. They would not sell you something that they cannot deliver, imo. The DOP website only lists and takes reservations for an evening show but they must do a private event for cruise ships. I think the Drums of the Pacific is enjoyable. Just be sure that there will be some shade if you are going during the afternoon hours. Have fun, Cherie

• 3 weeks later...
Possibly the lunch luau is a private event for cruise ship passengers? This could accommodate passengers from several ships. If Celebrity says that you can purchase a luau that returns to the ship by 3:30 p.m. then it must be so. They would not sell you something that they cannot deliver, imo. The DOP website only lists and takes reservations for an evening show but they must do a private event for cruise ships. I think the Drums of the Pacific is enjoyable. Just be sure that there will be some shade if you are going during the afternoon hours. Have fun, Cherie

Eclipse will be the only ship a Lahaina in both legs, 1st leg will overnight 1st day going to Hana and the 2nd day DOP, For the 2nd leg plans are Iao Valley, Maui Tropical Plantation and Maui Ocean Center

• 4 weeks later...

Hi we are looking at The Drums of the Pacific Luau and I am wondering how to get there from where the Cruise ship docks? Also if anyone has attended this excursion from a Celebrity Cruise ship do they offer the General seats, Preferred seats or Vip seats? They charge $160 if booked through the cruise line but it doesn't state what "type" of seats we are paying for. I don't really want to pay $160 USD for the standard seats through the ship which cost about $119 USD if booked directly using the web site. I would rather book direct through the Luau website and get the Vip seats for just over $153 USD and find my own way there if is is close or convenient. We are 4 adults. Can any one help with this?

Hi we are looking at The Drums of the Pacific Luau and I am wondering how to get there from where the Cruise ship docks? Also if anyone has attended this excursion from a Celebrity Cruise ship do they offer the General seats, Preferred seats or Vip seats? They charge $160 if booked through the cruise line but it doesn't state what "type" of seats we are paying for. I don't really want to pay $160 USD for the standard seats through the ship which cost about $119 USD if booked directly using the web site. I would rather book direct through the Luau website and get the Vip seats for just over $153 USD and find my own way there if is is close or convenient. We are 4 adults. Can any one help with this?

Suppose they are the premium seats, you need to add the cost of transportation 2 ways to compare. I also want to do it but I don't agree that the tours starts at 8:30AM (duration 3:30), maybe will be lunch instead of dinner. I call Celebrity and they don't convince me with the answer. Which ship do you book? We are on the Eclipse B2B Sept/Oct 2019.

To receive an answer from a past Celebrity pax who has done this tour, post it on the Celebrity thread

Edited by gerelmx