Landmark Sale (May 1 – June 19, 2018)

Astro Flyer

Discovered the next Princess promotion that follows the current offers with a new name to me: Landmark Sale.

Between 5/1-6/19/18 they’re offering cruises which includes Summer 2019 sailings to the Americas, Japan, the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe and more“.

Here are the OBC per passenger levels they’ll be offering:

• 7-10 days: $100 (interior/oceanview); $250 (balcony/mini-suite/suite)
  • 11+ days: $200; $500

The 10% deposit is refundable & the fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth passengers. The OBC does not apply to 3rd or 4th guests and single passengers receive double the per passenger credit amount.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/PC_LandmarkStartsSooneflyerUS.pdf

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/PC_LandmarkStartsSooneflyerCAD.pdf

If it’s like in recent years, this promotion would be followed by Sip+Sail & later this summer by 3 for Free although there’s no way to be certain about any future offers.

hmm, looks sweet. I'll be looking forward to see if our 14 day Europe one is included. I see the 7 day. Maybe we'll rebook as 2 seven days if it's not listed. Then again, if the past sales return, maybe we roll the dice and wait. Our TA may not be loving us all that much soon.:evilsmile:

More details about the T&C are listed at the bottom of the flyer including that participation is limited: Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia”.

We have had Princess Landmark sales down here in the past - just a name. I'll bet now that if we have this sale our OBC will be nothing like the amounts quoted. Grrrr.

I take it a Future Cruise Deposit would work in lieu of the 10% required deposit?

Using a FCD to book a cruise is allowed on bookings with the exception of this limitation: “Reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply to bookings 45+ days“.

The FCD “is combinable with most publicly offered fares and promotions” but may not usable for reduced rates such as family cruise fares or other highly discounted rates.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If I read this right, the sale pricing is not available to single cruisers. :(

For Fares it states These fares do not apply to singles“ but for Credit it states Guests with single occupancy will receive double the per guest credit amount“.

If I recall correctly this has previously occurred...does that mean that singles who pay 200% of a non-discounted fare will receive double the OBC? :confused:

I booked Oct 2019 Med cruise when It opened up in Dec with no OBC or any other perk from Princess.

Since this new sale only goes to August 2019 for the Med cruises, I will have to wait for another sale to get the perks.

Thank you AstroFlyer! I will want to see if our June 2019 British Isles cruise is included in this promo. Would be nice to have the OBC.

Within the next couple of weeks their fare chart should be available to see if your BI cruise is included.

Although sometimes when benefits are added the cruise fare increases but hopefully the net price for your cruise is better.

Another sale that is not applicable for UK cruisers. Getting fed up of being treated like second class citizens by Princess and think my cruise in May on Sapphire Princess will be my last Princess cruise.

Aussie friends send me information on sales available to them but then I discover it’s not available to North Americans...could it be the same in the UK?

I agree that it’s frustrating but it appears that marketing offers are based on geographic regions & are not available worldwide.

I lack much experience on other cruise lines sales & wonder if it would be similar on them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Can this kind of OBC be used towards the daily service charge (gratuity)?

Yes...it’s a simple credit to your onboard account from which any debits are deducted including gratuities.

Edited by Astro Flyer