Carnival now limits wine you buy online before departing

HOUSTONVIP

This was a bit upsetting, I ordered two bottles of wine to be delivered to the room on the second night at their ridiculous overpriced amount. Like I always do, then my wife went online to order a bottle of champagne..DENIED. no where on the carnival FUNSHOP website do they mention that as of FEB 2018, they now LIMIT the bottles you can purchase ahead of time to 2. WHAT A GRATUITY GRAB. When you go to the dining room and order a bottle, you are lucky if it gets there before desert. It's bad enough that you have to wait at the bar and wait in the dining room to get bar service, but to limit what you can but in advance at 5X markup is ridiculous. So now a 6 dollar bottle of lousy Barefoot Chardonay is 27.00 then add 5.00 Gratuity, CARNIVAL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

I think it’s always been limited to 2 bottles. When you get on the ship you can call room service and have more delivered to your room. It will be the same crazy price as online though.

I just placed a order for our upcoming cruise and had a $35 delivery fee!! Crazy!

Absolutely ridiculous. My husband and I were considering ordering liquor for our room but, after seeing the prices, we changed our minds. I'll take some wine with us but we don't drink enough to justify such exorbitant costs.

Nobody is forced to buy anything, but it is cheaper than buying by the glass and I'm pretty sure less expensive than Royal who charges a higher gratuity, if nothing else.

we do. 2 Bottles? that will get us through night one..We just like to have it WHEN we want it.

I completely agree as we do too. The price markups are crazy, but then again, we are on vacation. Enjoy your cruise.

we do. 2 Bottles? that will get us through night one..We just like to have it WHEN we want it.

Why don’t you check and see what he or competition does. Chill out and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thought in regards to wine, and prices paid etc. Is we 99% of the time are cruising with other adult couples, and not all drink wine. However we make sure everyone is bringing a bottle on board! That for the most part, takes care of all the wine drinkers, I on the other hand like my martinis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is the liquor they sell in the fun shops. Even with the duty free discount I have yet to see anything that I drink for less than what I pay at the Winn- Dixie liquor store. I thought it was supposed to be some great deal?? I also agree 100% about the high prices being why people smuggle. I like to have some whiskey in my room for a night cap etc.. but I'm not going to pay a 200% mark up for it, so I bring some of my own and I still spend PLENTY of money on drinks during the cruise and tip very well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Never fails to amuse me how rule breakers try to justify their actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are all rule breakers in some aspect of life, so unless you are certain your glass house is shadder proof, keep your rocks to yourself. My point is there is a lesson to be learned by Carnival from us rule breakers. There is an equilibrium price point for their room delivered alcohol and it seems they have gone beyond it. They should do some market research and maybe we wouldn't smuggle liquor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app