Ordering different drinks at cap.circle party

CRUISEWITHH

At the Captain Circle party we usually order our favorite drinks (different from the watered down drinks that they come around with on a tray) Are they still allowing this? I had heard that they stopped letting people order a different drink.

don't always go but if we do we try and find a bartender or server that we know and they always get us our normal drinks

true - a couple $ tip was good for a double scotch on the rock - no s - and a mojito

On the Regal in March I tried to order a cosmo never got it. We used to enjoy the Party, but not so much anymore. They do not pass out appetizers anymore and drinks are so watered down. It is not special. I would rather have a coupon for a drink. We are elite and will be passing on it from now on.

On the Regal in March I tried to order a cosmo never got it. We used to enjoy the Party, but not so much anymore. They do not pass out appetizers anymore and drinks are so watered down. It is not special. I would rather have a coupon for a drink. We are elite and will be passing on it from now on.

Interesting that you felt compelled to note that you are 'elite'...:evilsmile:

I always order a flavored martini and tip a few bucks.

Never been a problem!

On another note I have a question I will be traveling with someone that is on P:)rincess for the first time. Will I be able to bring my cabin mate to the Captain's Party? Thank you!

Yes, you can bring your cabin mate.

We always enjoy the cheap wine they pour at the past passenger parties, so we're not getting watered down drinks. Our tablemates on recent cruises have ordered and received special drinks.

Yes, you can bring your cabin mate.

We always enjoy the cheap wine they pour at the past passenger parties, so we're not getting watered down drinks. Our tablemates on recent cruises have ordered and received special drinks.

Thank you!!!! This is good news!

Got to be pretty good acquaintances with the bar staff during a 64 day cruise. Mentioned the "watered down drinks" for the parties and they were adamant the drinks aren't watered down. However they did point out that because they are prepared in advance of the party, the ice melts a bit more than a fresh drink giving them the taste of being watered down. All the alcohol is in there just the same as a drink you get fresh from the bar.

Last month on the Crown, my husband ordered his favorite Gin and tonic and received quickly...they also served appetizers at this gathering.....on the Royal in November - we got whatever we wanted to drink but no appetizers.........there is so much food on these ships, it really doesn't matter if they serve appetizers or not.....

eclue:cool:

I just do not understand all this extra tipping!

Suppose we are not really from a tipping culture!

Understand the need for ' When in Rome....', so leave daily service charge on account and have tipped over and above for Cabin steward who gave exceptional service.

But... for drinks at 'party' ??

We have always been able to get a glass of wine ...as recently as January.

I just do not understand all this extra tipping!

The crew, drink runners/waiters, make their money by delivering drinks you pay for. This type of gathering they're making ZERO. The "cocktail" served is made in bulk and walked through the crowd. This thread deals with you asking this person to make a special trip so you can get free booze. In this case there is nothing "extra"