Limes

kapcruiser

From Carnival FAQ's

Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

From Carnivals FAQ:

• Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

Two points I would like to make. First not all screeners are familiar with Carnival rules. So there is a possibility of you being denied carrying your limes on board. There really isn't much you can do to argue your point since I can't find, in writing, specifics on fresh fruit. The second point you will NOT be able to take any limes off the ship. There is no way to prove their country of origin. Fines can be hefty upon return to the US.

You can ask at the bars for limes. Depending on the bartender you might get a few or you might get a cup full.

We like our vodka tonics with a little lime so I found True Lime packets on line at Walmart or Amazon also has them and we have our vodka and tonic waiting in the room and we're set. :cool::cool:

there are bowls of limes at the taco bar, before Cheers and the taco bar, when we use to smuggle Vodka, OMG, did I say that, we would give a bartender a buck and he would give us a glass filled with limes.

Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness rather than permission. What's the worst thing that could happen? They take away a few limes. I don't think are any serious concerns as long as you don't try to take them off the ship since that is subject to fines for violating laws. In all my years of cruising, I've never seen any signs, etc. stating you can't take fruit onboard.