Dinner buffet

Megan_Strick

Do they serve WCMC on the buffet? We always eat in the dining room, but traveling with my 10 month old I have a feeling we're going to be changing that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't recall seeing it on the buffet the few times we've eaten dinner there. I think it's dining-room only. They usually had some other type of chocolate dessert though.

Dinner at the buffet was decent, less crowded than at lunch, very quiet.

We ate dinner on the Lido the first night on our cruise last year, they had some salads, a fish dish, a carving station, a few side dishes and baked potatoes, and there was spring rolls and panko breaded fried shrimp that I guess were the appetizers. There were some desserts too. It wasn't bad for a night you just want a quick dinner.

Do they serve WCMC on the buffet? We always eat in the dining room, but traveling with my 10 month old I have a feeling we're going to be changing that up!

Sorry but have never seen it. Besides cannot eat it without ice cream and that is also not on buffet.

We traveled with our 10 month old granddaughter 11 years ago, and she sat in the high chair and ate bread and other tidbits we gave her. We fed her her dinner ahead of time, so she was happy sitting in MDR with us and her mom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most will be there but food will not be very hot. Some of it will sit for hours.

They change it out regularly. There is chef that measures the temperature of he food. If it gets to low the remove and put a new batch out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We take all of our meals on Lido except for a night in the Steak House. We find the variety and quality to be excellent. Do we like everything--no but with the choices we do very well. We do this as we don't care for the structure of the Dining Room experience--used to but no longer.

I loved dinner in the buffet on the Destiny -- it was much nicer than eating in the MDR, a lot quieter and I got to see an amazing sunset that night. In the MDR I was in the center of the room, no view of the windows and it always seemed so loud in there.

I thought the quality of the offerings in the buffet were delicious and they weren't cold at all. I highly recommend the buffet for dinner.

I loved dinner in the buffet on the Destiny -- it was much nicer than eating in the MDR, a lot quieter and I got to see an amazing sunset that night. In the MDR I was in the center of the room, no view of the windows and it always seemed so loud in there.

I thought the quality of the offerings in the buffet were delicious and they weren't cold at all. I highly recommend the buffet for dinner.

In our past 10 cruises we always ate Dinner in the Dining Room. On this next one we have decided to eat some at The Buffet, for the very reasons you just gave;)

No WCMC at the buffet. But you can eat dinner in the buffet and get dessert in the MDR. Done that several times.

The roasts are very good in the buffet. Prime rib, lamb, veal, pork, whole turkey.

I have seen WCMC at the buffet at least once, maybe twice. It isn't typically available though. Maybe you'll get lucky. :)

The roasts are very good in the buffet. Prime rib, lamb, veal, pork, whole turkey.

I agree, while some of the offerings on the buffet can be hit or miss, the carved items have always been really good, they even had them at lunch on my last cruise!

The thing about having dinner in the buffet, is that you can try a bit of this and a bit of that. Some things will be there from the menu in the dining room, but there will also be different things. I used to only eat dinner in the dining room until a few years ago, when one evening, I just did not feel up to getting ready/changed clothing, so I decided to grab dinner from Lido buffet. Discovered that there was more than enough to satisfy me for dinner.

Since then, I still do dinner in the dining room when the menu appeals, and don't mind other nights to dine at lido dinner buffet. I so anytime dining, so it is not an issue for wait staff or table mates to be waiting for me to arrive, so I like the flexibility of choosing to dine in the MDR or buffet.

During a 7 night cruise we will more than likely eat 2 meals on the MDR, 2 at the buffet, 1 in the Steakhouse and if we have had a large lunch and not very hungry we will order pub grub at the Red Frog Pub or just pizza. We like a very relaxed no hassle cruise.

Since DH is on Chemo and has very little appetite, it really has not made sense to dress up and go to the MDR, so on our last two cruises, we did formal night in the MDR, and had dinner at the Lido the rest of the time. No WCMC on the lido, but around night 3 or 4, there is a wonderful creamy dessert, some type of coffee mousse, which makes us very happy.

Dinner on the lido is not bad, the thing is, once we get what we want on the plate, and make sure we have the salad, the meat and the potato, and find a seat, the food usually is cold. it's our fault, not the chef's. They don't leave the lido restaurant open for long either. They were usually closing up around 8.

[quote name=marshhawk;5589581400

Dinner on the lido is not bad' date=' the thing is, once we get what we want on the plate, and make sure we have the salad, the meat and the potato, and find a seat, the food usually is cold. it's our fault, not the chef's. They don't leave the lido restaurant open for long either. They were usually closing up around 8.[/quote]

Do it in courses.....start with salad then go back for mains then go back for seconds on whatever was totally delicious and then dessert! :D