Buy Future Cruise Deposit

msled

Is there any way to buy a future cruise deposit NOT on a cruise? I feel like I've heard that before but I don't remember. I have one deposit right now, but I want to book two different cruises, one for this fall and one for next fall. I don't have the ability to take a little puddle jump cruise or to wait until after the first cruise before booking the second cruise. Any advice???

Once you are home from your previous cruise, I had gotten a email regarding the FCD, you can still get them, but you don't get the full OBC you would get if you purchased it on board. I think I had to call Princess with my CC to get it, then I got the confirmation by email.

This is true' date=' but it still means you are doing it while ON a ship.

No, I don't know of any way to do it while not on board and get the full benefits.[/quote']

The only time I've been aware of purchasing FCDs while not on a ship is a period of time after a cruise but as your wrote it's not with full OBC benefits.

Once you are home from your previous cruise, I had gotten a email regarding the FCD, you can still get them, but you don't get the full OBC you would get if you purchased it on board. I think I had to call Princess with my CC to get it, then I got the confirmation by email.

That's been my experience but never had to purchase one so don't know the complete procedure.

I think if you go to a Bon Voyage Experience, you have the opportunity to purchase one.

Yes, we have done that exact thing. We ran out of FCD and wanted more so we made a 3 hour drive to San Francisco and did a BVE specifically so we could purchase more FCD.

I have read here on CC that it is possible to purchase them shortly after a cruise but that the benefits were far less than if purchased onboard. I don't remember what the posted time frame was for purchasing post-cruise though.

I’m not sure what benefits go along with it but we DID buy FCDs for 2 friends who have previously sailed on Princess but were NOT on the ship with us. This was in Jan 2018. The only reason I knew about the possibility was via the CC Princess threads so a further search might get more answers.

Friends were hopeful of some OBC but mostly wanted to be able to have a lower deposit on the cruise they wanted to book.

Check with the Captains Circle folks....we heard from usually reliable sources that people on a ship can actually buy FCD's for past Princess passengers even tho the past passengers are not on the ship. Your passenger number would likely be necessary for this to be successful.

Know anyone going on a Princess cruise soon?? :cool:

Yes, we have done that exact thing. We ran out of FCD and wanted more so we made a 3 hour drive to San Francisco and did a BVE specifically so we could purchase more FCD.

I have read here on CC that it is possible to purchase them shortly after a cruise but that the benefits were far less than if purchased onboard. I don't remember what the posted time frame was for purchasing post-cruise though.

Unfortunately, the majority of us can't drive to a port to do a BVE and purchase the FCD's . Just for us, we have a 10 hour drive to the nearest port, which only has Princess ships in September and October, we would have to leave a day early, stay the night, do the BVE, purchase the FCD's, stay the night, then drive home the next day....just for a few $$$$ UH no.

We always make sure our FCD balance is full enough to cover our cruises for the next year or so. I had heard of the BVE and being able to buy FCDs but have never heard of being able to buy any after leaving the ship. We booked a cruise while on the ship for ourselves and DS and family and were required to buy only the $100/adult for a deposit even though they were not on the ship with us at that time. They had been on a Princess cruise with us a few years before. When you book a future cruise on board, they will sell you a FCD to cover the deposit for the cruise at that time.

I had heard of being able to buy FCDs but have never heard of being able to buy any after leaving the ship. We booked a cruise while on the ship for ourselves and DS and family and were required to buy only the $100/adult for a deposit even though they were not on the ship with us at that time.

'The offer to purchase FCDs post-cruise is only sent to passengers who did not get any FCDs during the cruise. Essentially "you missed your chance on board, so here is another opportunity to do it,"

Princess often has sales that only require a $100 deposit, the same as your FCD. You don't get the OBC though unless it happens to be included with the sale.

You could book your Fall cruise this year with the $100 deposit and wait until your cruise, then book your next Fall's cruise while onboard under the 3 for Free sale that will likely happen this Fall. Then you could get free grats, obc and a minimal upgrade.

Then while you're onboard, buy a couple more fcd's and stick them in your back pocket.

Use the one FCD you have for this fall's cruise and go ahead and book next fall's without one. When you sail this year, buy additional FCDs, then decide whether it's worth canceling your existing booking for next year to use an FCD to rebook it.

When we sailed on the Regal in February, I went ahead and bought three FCDs apiece for the two of us. I used my Amex card during the period when it was offering $100 back for spending $500. If it looks like we won't use up all three FCDs before they expire, I can use more than one to book a cruise. We won't get any additional onboard credit, but it will reduce the amount we owe.

We try to have a couple each beyond what we expect to need before our next cruise.

One of the first thing I do, after boarding, is to purchase two FCC's. If memory serves me right, I purchased my last two using the Princess@Sea App while onboard the Pacific Princess.....:):):)

Bob

Use the one FCD you have for this fall's cruise and go ahead and book next fall's without one. When you sail this year, buy additional FCDs, then decide whether it's worth canceling your existing booking for next year to use an FCD to rebook it.

When we sailed on the Regal in February, I went ahead and bought three FCDs apiece for the two of us. I used my Amex card during the period when it was offering $100 back for spending $500. If it looks like we won't use up all three FCDs before they expire, I can use more than one to book a cruise. We won't get any additional onboard credit, but it will reduce the amount we owe.

Thought we had enough so didnt buy more on our last cruise. This week booked an extra one for Feb 2019 and didnt have one to use for it. Actually shifted one we had used for July 2019 to a Feb 2019 and had to pay deposit for the July one.

If all works as planned we buy more on our next cruise next month and cancel and rebook the July one with the FCC and hopefully a three for free promotion.

However to make life easier we will be buying more to make sure we are not caught short in the future.

If it looks like we won't use up all three FCDs before they expire, I can use more than one to book a cruise.

If you write a polite letter the the Captains Circle folks before an FCD expires they may extend it for two years. (happened to me)

Check with the Captains Circle folks....we heard from usually reliable sources that people on a ship can actually buy FCD's for past Princess passengers even tho the past passengers are not on the ship. Your passenger number would likely be necessary for this to be successful.

I have heard this also!

I actually was able to purchase FCD's for my daughters onboard who had never cruised before. My wife and I went on a January 2017 cruise and bought FCD's for ourselves and asked about doing it for my daughters. The Future Cruise Director set up a profile for them in the computer and they received the full OBC for cruise this past November on the Regal Princess.

We usually try to have two FCD each in the bag. It's handy if you book a b2b like we did this April. We purchased another two each on the b2b.

Do you have to purchase them for each person i.e. if 2 pax intend to sail on the cruise, do you need to buy 2 or will one suffice? Acdditionally, if you purchase one at $100, then when you put it against the chosen cruise once back home with your TA, do you have to pay any further deposits? TIA :).

The form has an entry for how many you wish to buy. We enter two (2). We also write down the names of the people (us). Princess also delivers a pre-printed form to your stateroom during the cruise saving you from writing down your cabin number and names. Just enter the number you wish to buy for each.