Purchase Next Cruise On Board

TVAN

pretty close to what owning 100 shares of stock are.

I think you might get 250 on a 14 day, and only 200 for 14 for owning stock, so 14 day might be different, but i think otherwise same same.

$50 for short, $100 obc for 7 day day

Im not positive, as havent done it that way, but perhaps you still can purchase a cruise you can cancel, dont do early saver, and if you find a better deal on another date you can get your pvp at home to take over and change the date to the one that is a better deal later on.

thats a big downside to me, having to lock into a date, when the week you cruise, might not have good deals

Onboard booking changed about a year ago. Only OBC for $50 with ES booking; $100 for suites. Future Cruise Desk is supposed to be eliminated, eventually, with bookings to be done by the Excursion Desk.

No more open type bookings with OBC. They gutted the benefit of booking on board.

On return home, you should receive an email Future Cruise ES offer with pretty good rates. It is good for two weeks. Usual restrictions and penalties. No changes allowed.

You can now book after your cruise, up to two weeks I think, and receive the same benefits. No need to stand in line at a future cruise desk. That 's what we did...three days after getting home from our Dec 2017 cruise, we went online and booked our Dec 2018 cruise, and received $50 OBC for a 7night cruise.

if they cut it to only $50, its almost not worth it, they have a lot of promotions giving $50.

wow, they sure ruined it

I admit when they quit allowing you to buy the certificates and take them home, i quit paying attention. Some of those onboard agents know a lot less about booking than they should. Glad they got rid of them.

Edited by firefly333

if they cut it to only $50, its almost not worth it, they have a lot of promotions giving $50.

wow, they sure ruined it

I admit when they quit allowing you to buy the certificates and take them home, i quit paying attention. Some of those onboard agents know a lot less about booking than they should. Glad they got rid of them.

The onboard agent made some huge mistakes and refused to consider correcting them so we stopped dealing with them years ago.

Any ideas of what perks are available when you purchase a cruise on board? Any help or advice is appreciated.

Cheers!

At this time, there really is no advantage to book a cruise while on a cruise. If you want the best pricing, plan in advance (at least a year) and use the Early Booking rate. Better yet, use Military if you are eligible. Then pay off the cruise with AARP gift cards which will give you a 10 percent discount. Then buy some extra cards for ship expenses (more discount).