Children on royal caribbean

Hi all, I'm from the UK and just curious about cruising with children.

What age is the earliest a child can cruise?

What is the price of children under 3, as they can't use any of the free kids clubs?

And how much are children older than 3?

What would the best room situation be for children under 3?

Thank you

Happycooler2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Children can cruise at 6 months old, unless there are 3 or more days in a row at sea, in which case they must be one year old.

Same price for all ages, unless there is some sort of promo running.

I think a balcony cabin at the very least is best when you have a child who will nap, or go down early for the night...it gives parents someplace "to be" without disturbing the child.

Some ships have a nursery for those under 3...which is handy if you want some "adult" time now and again! Not all ships have it tho....on those without the nursery, sometimes there is crew willing to 'in cabin" babysit.....there is a fee for that, but not sure what the going charge is right now.

Children are the same price on RCI as adults.....unless there is some sort of "special" pricing going on...maybe kids "sail free" (in which case adult pricing will be a bit higher). The 3rd person in a cabin is at a reduced price...so there is some savings there. Tips are the same for each "soul" aboard. Although, being from the UK, your "tips" are probably included in the pricing.

The times I have booked, the 3rd and 4th passengers have been less than the first two. These passengers can be kids or adults. It varies with ship and sailing though. You can also sometimes find kids sail free promotions for various ships. All of this depends on them being the 3rd, 4th, etc passenger. If they are the 2nd passenger in the room then they pay adult price anyway.

Make sure you carefully check the room config and ensure that the room has a sofa bed, and not a Pullman bed, which pulls down from the ceiling. No one under 6 is meant to sleep in the Pullman, so it means daddy will need to go up there......

A JS will certainly cost more but will certainly have a sofa bed and more room...

Don’t go for a gty room as you cannot change it once allocated if you are booking in UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We took our 1 year old on Disney and then 1 month later on Oasis. Disney was FAR superior. RCCL seemed often not to know what to do. A few examples: Disney provided a diaper pail in the room. RCCL did not. On Disney, high chairs would show up everywhere without me asking. On RCCL I had to ask and in one instance for breakfast in the wipe out cafe- beg. Disney accommodated easily all our dietary needs. On RCCL I asked for cottage cheese for my baby one morning in MDR. They weren’t sure they had it but 5 mins later brought out a huge bowl. So I thought great I can get my baby cottage cheese every morning. Nope. I had to beg every morning and every morning I got the same “we aren’t sure blah blah blah” nonsense which was irritating. Overall, there’s no comparison. Disney is FAR superior for small children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make sure you carefully check the room config and ensure that the room has a sofa bed, and not a Pullman bed, which pulls down from the ceiling. No one under 6 is meant to sleep in the Pullman, so it means daddy will need to go up there......

A JS will certainly cost more but will certainly have a sofa bed and more room...

Don’t go for a gty room as you cannot change it once allocated if you are booking in UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A baby will be in a pack N play regardless of whether there is a sofa bed or Pullman.

We took our 1 year old on Disney and then 1 month later on Oasis. Disney was FAR superior. RCCL seemed often not to know what to do. A few examples: Disney provided a diaper pail in the room. RCCL did not. On Disney, high chairs would show up everywhere without me asking. On RCCL I had to ask and in one instance for breakfast in the wipe out cafe- beg. Disney accommodated easily all our dietary needs. On RCCL I asked for cottage cheese for my baby one morning in MDR. They weren’t sure they had it but 5 mins later brought out a huge bowl. So I thought great I can get my baby cottage cheese every morning. Nope. I had to beg every morning and every morning I got the same “we aren’t sure blah blah blah” nonsense which was irritating. Overall, there’s no comparison. Disney is FAR superior for small children.

Great information, please keep spreading it, so we can move more small kids away from RCI:cool:

g

Disney also is much more expensive. My family cruises both and Disney always much higher.

Never had a problem on RC with children. Overall have found the staff very kind and concerned and anxious to do everything they can for babies and kids.

g

Disney also is much more expensive. My family cruises both and Disney always much higher.

Never had a problem on RC with children. Overall have found the staff very kind and concerned and anxious to do everything they can for babies and kids.

Yes. Disney is much more expensive. And they are the best. I’m hoping as the kids get older RCCL will step up.

Yes. Disney is much more expensive. And they are the best. I’m hoping as the kids get older RCCL will step up.

DS and family did Disney once. We took them on Royal the following year - they never went back to Disney. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

DS and family did Disney once. We took them on Royal the following year - they never went back to Disney. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

My experience was with a 1 year old. As the kids get older and have less needs, I’m guessing rccl is close to Disney’s level. But in terms of service, on all levels, Disney goes above and beyond. This makes a big difference with a tiny one.

Agreed, Disney is great. But not 3x better, so we now cruise with RCCL and the other lines.

Great information, please keep spreading it, so we can move more small kids away from RCI:cool:

Anytime I see these type of comments I wonder about the person making them. Infertile? Selfish? Self centered? Career driven? Etc...

Bring your kids on RCI they will have a blast. Most crew members who are missing their own children will fawn over yours and bend over backwards to assist in anyway possible.

g

I agree. For what Disney charges, they should be VERY accommodating and then some. I love Disney (just returned from Disneyworld a couple of weeks ago), but the price of Disney cruises is ,IMO, ridiculous. :)