Just off the Valor

Just debarked the Valor this AM. A few of my observations:

Ship is small compared to Breeze and Dream. I missed the Ocean Plaza and deck 5 wrap around. BUT, no lines anywhere. Ship seemed almost empty at times. No wait for Anytime dining or at the buffets. Saw maybe a handful of children.

The lido buffet dinner was pretty much what was on the menu from the MDR. I liked this because I dont care for formal night and still got some (cold) prime rib from the buffet.

We had an ocean suite. It was amazing and beautiful. I loved the separate dressing area and the large balcony. The bedding was plush and comfy. The tub was very narrow. I'm a small person, and it was a tight squeeze for me. We were right off the lobby, so we could definitely hear everything going on in the lobby area. It didn't bother us, and didn't last all night long, but I could see it being an issue for light sleepers. We had priority embarking and debarking. We were off the ship and at our car at 0828. We enjoyed the priory lounge at the port as well while waiting to board.

I think if you can swing it, a suite is the way to go. We also got a free bag of laundry and would have had priority tendering (if we had a tender )

Overall , it was a great cruise. The suite made it extra special. The Valor is pretty and food as expected

• 2 weeks later...

Did you notice if they serve Dr. Pepper on the Valor? The last time we sailed Carnival they had DP on ships sailing out of Galveston, but I haven't seen online anywhere if they still do.