thoughts on room 5512 on wonder

dznypal

we are in this room on the alaska cruise this year

we usually pick a deck which has rooms above and below it but since we booked probably on the late side i dont know when these cruises came out but we booked last sept while on our last cruise and we just booked it on the spot since we won the final jackpot bingo

but were rather worried it could be noisey just above the theatre but well be at the second show since we have first dining do they ever have other types of shows after the second one

just a little worried since weve never been above a public place

thanks so any tips would be greatly appreciated

The only place I've ever had a problem with was right below the nightclubs --cabin on deck 2. On normal 7 night cruises, there are no shows after the late one. On some special cruises, there may be a live show at 10, but this is not the norm. In addition, on any cruise there may be a midnight movie. That would be at most once during the cruise, not every night.

It isn't a bad location at all. I prefer 5 aft, but that's just me.

Not a location I would choose... I've found cabins near the aft stairwell to be much more convenient on the Magic/Wonder. However, for an ocean view cabin I think I would rather be forward on deck 5 than aft and down on deck 2.

We've stayed in 5510 on both the Magic and the Wonder. Great location, quiet room for the most part. You can hear the Theatre at times, but it never bothered us. It's our preferred stateroom, if it's available and reasonably priced. FYI - a few down 5520/22/24 - are basically the exact same room, but at a CAT 10 price as they have an obstructed view (they go fast).

Great location - so easy to get to DECK 4, adult clubs, nice walk along DECK 9 in the morning to the Buffet.