Disney wonder

picture

First cruise coming up in late September and my question is sail away if we go to the concierge lounge will we have a good view of the sail away party or do we have to go to that deck and if so I imagine it’s going to be crowded any suggestions on alternative locations to view the sale away party ..?

Additionally autograph books do the characters have time to sign autographs books and is that something that people do or are we better off not taking an autograph book and saving that for when we visit Disneyland resort .

There are rare meet and greets when you can be told "no autographs' date='" usually because that character physically can't write. Yes, they will sign you books.

We like deck 10 for sail away. The crowds tend to be on deck 9.[/quote']

Thank you!

you are a wealth of information and I truly appreciate it we are taking our granddaughter’s age 3 so I want to know as much upfront and be prepared .

First cruise coming up in late September and my question is sail away if we go to the concierge lounge will we have a good view of the sail away party or do we have to go to that deck and if so I imagine it’s going to be crowded any suggestions on alternative locations to view the sale away party ..?

The Concierge Lounge on both the Wonder and Magic overlook the Quiet Cove (adult pool) area. The sail away party takes place at the family pool, so you won't have any view of it from the Lounge.

The Concierge Lounge on both the Wonder and Magic overlook the Quiet Cove (adult pool) area. The sail away party takes place at the family pool, so you won't have any view of it from the Lounge.

Thank you for your response at least I know where not to go .

On our last Wonder cruise in March, we were able to get right down front next to the rope for the sail away party. My four year old loved it. I was surprised that there wasn’t a crush of people, and we just stayed for the character appearance then left to look around elsewhere.

We took an autograph book and my son got autographs from nearly every character, so I definitely recommend this! Some “paired” characters like Hook and Smee signed on the same page, for example, so we had plenty of room.

On our last Wonder cruise in March, we were able to get right down front next to the rope for the sail away party. My four year old loved it. I was surprised that there wasn’t a crush of people, and we just stayed for the character appearance then left to look around elsewhere.

We took an autograph book and my son got autographs from nearly every character, so I definitely recommend this! Some “paired” characters like Hook and Smee signed on the same page, for example, so we had plenty of room.

Thanks

We’re taking our twin granddaughters Age 31/2 so if you have any other tips or things about the ship you think we should know I’d really appreciate any suggestions you have to offer

Thanks

We’re taking our twin granddaughters Age 31/2 so if you have any other tips or things about the ship you think we should know I’d really appreciate any suggestions you have to offer

I hope your granddaughters have so much fun! This last time, the characters really came alive for my son— he was such a flirt with Minnie and Daisy, it was hilarious! We were on a seven day cruise, so we had a a Disney Junior character breakfast one day. You’ll get an assigned ticket for this. Also be sure to sign up for the princess meet and greets— these are hosted at various times during the cruise, but you’ll need a ticket. I’m embarrassed to say I’m not 100% sure how to do this— my husband has always handled it.

We had a balcony stateroom and it was fine— no safety concerns. My son slept on the sofa, and the stateroom attendant put up a bed rail each night for him, which was perfect. Meals for us are always a trial— my husband has numerous food allergies and my son is super picky, but the dining room staff were great and accommodated us as best they could. (We register my husbands allergies in advance and he sees the next day’s menu the night before. Disney is great with allergies if this is a concern of yours.) my son went to the kids club a few times. The Wonder has this cute Toy Story themed indoor slide and jungle gym. The staff in the kids club was very sweet and helpful. You’ll want to utilize the Navigator app on your phone, as the club will use this to text you (Disney also provides in cabin wave phones to use while on board but I prefer my own phone so typically will text through the app).

This last cruise, we were in the Caribbean and so did not do any ship sponsored excursions as we’d been to both islands numerous times (in our case Puerto Rico and St Maarten), but we have done Disney sponsored excursions in the past and they’ve been fine. We don’t travel with a car seat, so we just hold tight and say a prayer, but I know others do and I’m sure you can find other posts on this. We travel with an umbrella stroller— we have an Uppababy Glite which is very light and stows away easily.

What else? I just typed some general thoughts. My son loved the family pool, but I hated it. Too many children sloshing around, lol! FYI, the lifeguards did call for safety checks every so often, making the children get out of the water to rehydrate or take a little break. My son is used to this because our neighborhood pool also requires it, but many other littles were upset. Something to talk through with your granddaughters in preparation if they need it.

I hope your granddaughters have so much fun! This last time, the characters really came alive for my son— he was such a flirt with Minnie and Daisy, it was hilarious! We were on a seven day cruise, so we had a a Disney Junior character breakfast one day. You’ll get an assigned ticket for this. Also be sure to sign up for the princess meet and greets— these are hosted at various times during the cruise, but you’ll need a ticket. I’m embarrassed to say I’m not 100% sure how to do this— my husband has always handled it.

We had a balcony stateroom and it was fine— no safety concerns. My son slept on the sofa, and the stateroom attendant put up a bed rail each night for him, which was perfect. Meals for us are always a trial— my husband has numerous food allergies and my son is super picky, but the dining room staff were great and accommodated us as best they could. (We register my husbands allergies in advance and he sees the next day’s menu the night before. Disney is great with allergies if this is a concern of yours.) my son went to the kids club a few times. The Wonder has this cute Toy Story themed indoor slide and jungle gym. The staff in the kids club was very sweet and helpful. You’ll want to utilize the Navigator app on your phone, as the club will use this to text you (Disney also provides in cabin wave phones to use while on board but I prefer my own phone so typically will text through the app).

This last cruise, we were in the Caribbean and so did not do any ship sponsored excursions as we’d been to both islands numerous times (in our case Puerto Rico and St Maarten), but we have done Disney sponsored excursions in the past and they’ve been fine. We don’t travel with a car seat, so we just hold tight and say a prayer, but I know others do and I’m sure you can find other posts on this. We travel with an umbrella stroller— we have an Uppababy Glite which is very light and stows away easily.

What else? I just typed some general thoughts. My son loved the family pool, but I hated it. Too many children sloshing around, lol! FYI, the lifeguards did call for safety checks every so often, making the children get out of the water to rehydrate or take a little break. My son is used to this because our neighborhood pool also requires it, but many other littles were upset. Something to talk through with your granddaughters in preparation if they need it.

Wow, thank you for taking the time to provide so much information I truly appreciate it .

we were thinking the day we board the ship we would go straight to the splash pad I will pack the girls swimsuits in a backpack let them play around grab a table so we can watch them and my husband would go to the buffet and get some lunch & bring it back to the table does that sound like a reasonable plan or do you think it would be better to all go to the buffet at one time have our lunch and then head off to the splash pad just wondering how crowded the seating gets on embarkation day we are concierge class so we will be boarding the ship first .

The girls are pretty good little swimmers but I thought we’d save the visit to family pool for the following day or later in the day .

Wow, thank you for taking the time to provide so much information I truly appreciate it .

we were thinking the day we board the ship we would go straight to the splash pad I will pack the girls swimsuits in a backpack let them play around grab a table so we can watch them and my husband would go to the buffet and get some lunch & bring it back to the table does that sound like a reasonable plan or do you think it would be better to all go to the buffet at one time have our lunch and then head off to the splash pad just wondering how crowded the seating gets on embarkation day we are concierge class so we will be boarding the ship first .

The girls are pretty good little swimmers but I thought we’d save the visit to family pool for the following day or later in the day .

Sure! Glad to help! So the splash pad on Wonder is in a little alcove near in the family pool area, aft. On the deck plan it looks like this larger area, but it’s not really that big. On sail away, I’m not sure if the splash pad was actually open? I know the family pool was closed because of the sail away party and set up (at least it was for our sailing). You’ll be on first, definitely go for lunch! Your staterooms will be ready at like 1pm, if not earlier, so if you’d rather carry on swimwear and then change, that would be an option. I have a very small rolling suitcase I use— it rolls easily around cruise ship tables, and saves my back and shoulders! With kids you understand how important free hands are! Also, Disney does have some life vests. We have been bringing my son’s puddle jumper on cruises for his own enjoyment in the water. But know that there are some vests for guest use.