Onboard credit for having 100 shares of RCL stock?

cruzsnooze

Does Azamara give Onboard credit for having 100 shares of RCL stock?

The short answer is yes and no

The “granting “ of onboard credit for 100 RCL shares is dependant on many factors including the type of fare you booked, the promotions you have, no net rate fares and.more. The terms and conditions for inclusion are not always clear. You need to apply prior to sailing. We have mostly not been fortunate to have this credit applied but on the plus side the stock has performed well!

The short answer is yes and no

The “granting “ of onboard credit for 100 RCL shares is dependant on many factors including the type of fare you booked, the promotions you have, no net rate fares and.more. The terms and conditions for inclusion are not always clear. You need to apply prior to sailing. We have mostly not been fortunate to have this credit applied but on the plus side the stock has performed well!

Thanks for the information. Tomorrow I will call Azamara and see if my terms of booking qualify.

I would just go ahead and submit. There is an online form that you can send in. As stated earlier, it is hit or miss. We have received it a number of times even when sailing with a promotion. Other times we have been denied. I doubt the AZ customer service people will have an answer for you.

My recollection from many threads is that as many people get the shareholder credit from Azamara or Celebrity – as have paid Oceania's non two-for-one fare! [i.e. zero]

While the circumstances are certainly not the norm in recent years, Celebrity does not offer "Go Big, Go Better, Go Best" bundled pricing--which invalidates access to the Shareowner Benefit--on repositioning cruises... As such, those shareowners who book such cruises conventionally--that is to say not via a deeply discounted, last minute "Exciting Deal" [which also invalidates eligibility for the Shareowner Benefit]--can successfully claim the Onboard Credit through RCL Investor Relations... I have already done so for the maiden Transatlantic aboard Edge--Fort Lauderdale to Southampton--which departs Port Everglades next 28 April...

So eligibility is not quite "zero"... But your estimate as to applicability is not far from the truth!

The good news is that I purchased my RCL stock at $6/share; it's now trading at $131+/share...

Edited by Xport

It is worth it to compare any perks you have for whatever reason to the OBC for being a shareholder and then deciding which way to go.

As an example, we have a 14-night cruise next March that is considered repositioning (Tokyo - Vancouver). We booked on board and got $200 OBC. I then got a military discount of $200 for a total benefit of $400. With the two perks, the shareholder benefit is not a good choice, but with either one alone, it would be $50 better.

Over the last few years, there have been very few cruises that did not have some kind of offer but not all were better than the S/H OBC. So it is up to us to do the homework.

It is worth it to compare any perks you have for whatever reason to the OBC for being a shareholder and then deciding which way to go.

As an example, we have a 14-night cruise next March that is considered repositioning (Tokyo - Vancouver). We booked on board and got $200 OBC. I then got a military discount of $200 for a total benefit of $400. With the two perks, the shareholder benefit is not a good choice, but with either one alone, it would be $50 better.

Over the last few years, there have been very few cruises that did not have some kind of offer but not all were better than the S/H OBC. So it is up to us to do the homework.

Does Azamara have a military OBC? I know Princess Does and it's a nice perk. BTW my stock was denied. So far I have had nothing but frustration with azamara reps. I hope the cruise surpasses the shore side service.

Thank you, cruzsnooze, for bringing up this topic. We just sent in our proof of ownership of 100+ shares of RCI and got a nice onboard credit for our upcoming cruise in October!. Plus, the shares have increased in value significantly since we purchased them several years ago. Win-win!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, cruzsnooze, for bringing up this topic. We just sent in our proof of ownership of 100+ shares of RCI and got a nice onboard credit for our upcoming cruise in October!. Plus, the shares have increased in value significantly since we purchased them several years ago. Win-win!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to see you benefited. I might try again and see what happens.

It appears that all the lines RCL owns do not permit double dipping for shareholder credit if onboard credit was already issued by the cruise line.

We have found that Carnival owned lines (Princess, Cunard, Holland America, etc) do in fact allow double dipping. That is you get the shareholder credit regardless of other onboard credit. Unfortunately however, Carnival Corp stock has not fared as well over the years as RCL, especially since the Costa Concordia incident.

We are fairly new to Azamara but I have yet to figure out the rules for the shareholder OBC. The first time we applied for it I did not expect to receive the credit as we had booked under a "Double Upgrade" promotion. To our surprise we received the OBC. The next time we cruised I did not feel we would be eligible as we booked under a "Buy One Get One Half Off" promotion but I applied anyway simply because they had surprised us by granting the credit on our previous cruise. It was denied. So it seems there is more to it than meets the eye. I will always apply as one never knows what the outcome will be.