Shower curtains on Pursuit?

Solas36

Just love paying 2-3x Celebrity prices to end up with a 30" x 20" shower and have a shower curtain stuck to me while trying to rinse off...If they put a bowed out rack at the top, it would be a lot better as the curtain has plenty of length. The alternative is to just leave it open and flood the head. Let the cabin attendant clean up the mess.

I know so many people have issues with the shower curtain but I can HONESTLY put my hand on my heart and say I don't. Bathroom small yes, but with a small frame and 5.2 1/2 I've never had a shower curtain 'stick' to me in 15 cruises. So does it after people with taller, larger builds?. I will take note in the next 5 booked as there's got to be a trick. Bathroom door I've always closed (I know it fogs ups) but a person leaving doors open (including balcony ) will cause a draft? Advance Note - just my experiences and certainly not intended to be taken the wrong way by guests that do experience the shower curtain issues.[emoji924][emoji3][emoji257]my issue is the extra couple of kilos that are gained and need to be lost before the next cruise but that's a whole different story.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by aussie travel bird

I know so many people have issues with the shower curtain but I can HONESTLY put my hand on my heart and say I don't. Neither does my DH have an issue. Bathroom small yes, but with a small frame and 5.2 1/2 I've never had a shower curtain 'stick' to me in 15 cruises. So does it affect people with taller, larger builds?. I will take note in the next 5 booked as there's got to be a trick to it. Bathroom door I've always closed (I know it fogs ups) but a person leaving doors open (including balcony ) will cause a draft? Advance Note - just my experiences and certainly not intended to be taken the wrong way by guests that do experience the shower curtain issues.[emoji924][emoji3][emoji257]

I am 5'6" and my husband is 6'5" and although we agree it is a small shower the curtain has never interfered with us in any way. We are bemused by the amount of comments regarding the size of the shower but have enormous sympathy with those that find it a problem. Our main shower at home is probably at least three times as big as the Azamara model. I would never let a piece of plastic interfere with the wonderful Azamara experience.

Lynn

I know so many people have issues with the shower curtain but I can HONESTLY put my hand on my heart and say I don't. Bathroom small yes, but with a small frame and 5.2 1/2 I've never had a shower curtain 'stick' to me in 15 cruises. So does it after people with taller, larger builds?. I will take note in the next 5 booked as there's got to be a trick. Bathroom door I've always closed (I know it fogs ups) but a person leaving doors open (including balcony ) will cause a draft? Advance Note - just my experiences and certainly not intended to be taken the wrong way by guests that do experience the shower curtain issues.[emoji924][emoji3][emoji257]my issue is the extra couple of kilos that are gained and need to be lost before the next cruise but that's a whole different story.

I am similar size to you and never had a problem with the shower curtain but I do leave it very slightly open maybe that helps? On our last Azamara cruise my husband opened the cabin door to clear the mirror and set the fire alarm off. Within a few minutes we received a phone call and two of the security guys were knocking on our door!

I am similar size to you and never had a problem with the shower curtain but I do leave it very slightly open maybe that helps? On our last Azamara cruise my husband opened the cabin door to clear the mirror and set the fire alarm off. Within a few minutes we received a phone call and two of the security guys were knocking on our door!

Too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a suggestion: possibly make the shower curtains a bit shorter and/or have clips on the wall to hold it in place so it’s not swaying around? It just seemed too voluminous for the space. We were on the Quest and while the curtain didn’t really bother DH, I found it did “cling” a bit to me [emoji4]. Still had a wonderful cruise and we are looking forward to our next cruise in late April (same stateroom category).

Just a suggestion: possibly make the shower curtains a bit shorter and/or have clips on the wall to hold it in place so it’s not swaying around? It just seemed too voluminous for the space. We were on the Quest and while the curtain didn’t really bother DH, I found it did “cling” a bit to me [emoji4]. Still had a wonderful cruise and we are looking forward to our next cruise in late April (same stateroom category).

Just a thought would fridge magnets work instead of clips? The walls are supposed to be metal.....

A few clothes pins clipped to the bottom of the shower curtain give it enough weight to prevent "the cling". We take cheap ones and often leave them behind.... The room stewards might even have a few.

Agree completely. Much ado about nothing.

Lynn's last sentence above is dead right on.

A few clothes pins clipped to the bottom of the shower curtain give it enough weight to prevent "the cling". We take cheap ones and often leave them behind.... The room stewards might even have a few.

Great idea! Thanks [emoji846]

Jenny... I think the food shrinks my clothes... I once told Tomasz that and he laughed and laughed and promptly piled my plate again! Love it!!

I can imagine, my excuse goes back to our first ever Azamara cruise when ‘laundry politics ‘ were at an all time low. When I joined my DH in the laundry for the first time he was in the middle of being berated by a guest who informed him of ‘her’ rules for laundry etiquette. He asked me politely to leave as I poked my head into the laundry to join him (albeit for my own safety I’m guessing). However it’s worked well for me as he has continued to do the laundry for our past 15 Azamara cruises. So I always can laughingly blame him for ‘shrinking’ my clothes. Perfect solution! PS I do the laundry at home!!!! Cheers Jenny

I'm 6 feet tall and definitely had issues in that shower, mostly because my elbows would bang into things and knock them over and then I'd bend over to pick them up and that was problematic.

I happened to be cruising at the same time as Azamara's COO who said they had a design team working on a better shower solution for Pursuit and they couldn't find a workable solution. I'll ask my colleague who's on Pursuit to see if this happened, but the COO said the plan was to weight the shower curtains so they wouldn't swing and cling so much.

There are also cheap products (shower curtain weights) that you can get on Amazon for $15.

The shower curtain issue has been a recurring theme over the years. Now I see that the four Oceania R ships are being fitted with glass shower cubicles in place of the "clingy" shower curtains. Consequently, it must be possible to fit the same in Azamara's three ships given that the dimensions are the same. So, providing there's the will, there's nothing to stop Azamara making the change

I've never sailed on Oceania but I have to say that the "re-imagination" of their four R ships is excellent.

The shower curtain issue has been a recurring theme over the years. Now I see that the four Oceania R ships are being fitted with glass shower cubicles in place of the "clingy" shower curtains. Consequently, it must be possible to fit the same in Azamara's three ships given that the dimensions are the same. So, providing there's the will, there's nothing to stop Azamara making the change

I've never sailed on Oceania but I have to say that the "re-imagination" of their four R ships is excellent.

According to Oceania's descriptions, they are totally redoing the bathrooms - sounds like they will have all new fixtures, marble, and glass shower enclosures.

We are just off the Journey and it seemed that Azamara's reimagined standard staterooms did not change the bathrooms nor the desk and cabinetry in the stateroom (still that brown wood/white laminate) - ours looked a bit worse for wear.

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought I'd weigh in on this topic :)

Weakness in the Pursuit set-up are the clips at top. Three to 4 clips actually pulled out every day or two. I gently replaced the rollers back into the track.

Guess that means curtain clung to body ( uggh ) but I'm a bull in china shop and didn't notice.

Marvelled at effeciancy of shower design/layout. They got it right

Verandah stateroom. Inaugural voyage, Pursuit

R ships have extremely tiny bathrooms. For the price that you pay for a luxury cruise, the bathroom should be bigger. We have been on Azamara R and Oceania R and O ships. Both lines do a nice cruise. However, we prefer ships that have larger cabins and bigger bathrooms. When selecting a cruise, we look at time, destination, price, and cruise line. Next is available cabins, air fare and routes, and possible extensions either before or after the cruise. All have to be acceptable to get us to book. When comparing similar cruises, the cabin size including bathroom has been a tie breaker. The bigger bathroom wins. It seems sad that Azamara hasn't found a way to refit the ships to create larger cabins. It would be nice if Azamara built new ships.