Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

Queen Victoria sails from Southampton tomorrow for her short fly cruise season in the Mediterranean. We'll be onboard for 10 nights to Barcelona.

I'll be keeping an eye out for miscreant lemmings and outrageous drink prices. Any other suggestions for Cruise Critic treasure hunt ?

As usual my notes will be somewhat random with lots of photographs of drinks but if you have any questions I will try and find the answer.
ba850aac1d4d0c143c0538a573c35517.jpg

Information on the new menus in Britannia and also Room Service menu. Noticed in the Cunarder that some items are now chargeable. We’re joining her on the 29th September for 3 weeks so any information would be appreciated.

Have a great time. I look forward to reading the review - we were on the short Hamburg cruise you reported on earlier this year and you were so accurate on all the facts and the atmosphere that we felt we were transported back there.

Love to hear your thoughts on the new menu and room service too. Have a Mary Rose and a Cigar Box for us!

Hi HH,

Look out for an immaculately dressed 15 month old!

We had our honeymoon on QV from Venice (where we got married) to Athens in August 2016 (yes, 9+15 = 24!) so we can't wait to sail again!

See you tomorrow!

David, Jen & Mister Elliot

Queen Victoria sails from Southampton tomorrow for her short fly cruise season in the Mediterranean. We'll be onboard for 10 nights to Barcelona.

I'll be keeping an eye out for miscreant lemmings and outrageous drink prices. Any other suggestions for Cruise Critic treasure hunt ?

As usual my notes will be somewhat random with lots of photographs of drinks but if you have any questions I will try and find the answer.

Cardigans after 18.00 hours

The smell of Moth Balls eminating from persons seated near you in the Theatre.

Have a wonderful cruise and do check out 4173.

We usually sit in a box in the theatre so I'll probably have to leave that particular one for others.

I just noticed this is going to be a very busy day for cruise ships in Southampton tomorrow. The Southampton VTS Cruise Ship Schedule is showing six ships in port for 31 August.

Queen Victoria - Berth 38/9 (QEII Terminal) - 4:30pm departure

Arcadia - Berth 46 (Ocean Terminal) - 4:30pm departure

Independence of the Seas - Berth 101 (City Terminal) - 4:30 departure

Aurora - Berth 106 (Mayflower Terminal) - 4:30pm departure

Braemar - Berth 102 (City Terminal 2nd berth) - 5:00pm departure

Mein Schiff 3 - Berth 104 (Fruit Terminal berth) - 8:00pm departure

Hope things go smoothly for your embarkation tomorrow. Looking forward to your reports from QV.

Thanks everyone, we are just having a night cap at our overnight stay, The Pembroke Arms in Wilton near Salisbury. This is our second visit and once again we arrived too late to see Wilton House.

Southampton is likely to be busy tomorrow so we won't be hanging around in the morning.

Edited by Host Hattie

Hi HH,

Look out for an immaculately dressed 15 month old!

We had our honeymoon on QV from Venice (where we got married) to Athens in August 2016 (yes, 9+15 = 24!) so we can't wait to sail again!

See you tomorrow!

David, Jen & Mister Elliot

Will do, hopefully I won't upset too many other parents by accusing them of being FormbyLife !

Is that Cardigans on men or women or both ? There's a risk that what I would think of as an evening jacket would be described as a cardigan by others.

Is that Cardigans on men or women or both ? There's a risk that what I would think of as an evening jacket would be described as a cardigan by others.

Disregard an "interpretation" as it complicates matters, just call them all cardigans as observed.

Oh, don't forget to check off "Pol Acker consumed/discarded/used as jewelry cleaner" on your CC treasure hunt list, which ever box is appropriate.
Will do, it's likely to be consumed, I don't mind it mixed with orange juice.

Have a wonderful trip Harrie.

I do hope Adam is in the G&F bar (perhaps you can let me know if so and how long for); he plies his skills well with regard to coacktails. Also, they will mix you anything you fancy off menu, or particularly like in your tipple, provided gin or champagne is an ingredient. Sadly The Commodore Club has become rather intransigent of late, just wanting to mix what is on the bar menu. We found thus out earlier in the year, after wanting a raspberry martini that used to be mixed so well there. It was a non starter.