new drinks packages

zippy11

i noticed there are new drinks packages available on queen mary 2.i wanted more specific information about it than the details below on the cunard website.

A range of new inclusive drinks options is now available to buy onboard Queen Mary 2. The range includes a Beers, Wines and Spirits Option ($69* per person per day), a Premium Soft Drinks Option ($29* per person per day), a Soft Drinks Option ($10* per person per day) and a Speciality Hot drinks option ($15* per person per day). These prices are inclusive of 15% bar service charge. More details of these options and associated terms and conditions will be provided on board by your bar teams. These options are currently only able to be purchased on board and are available until midnight on the second day of your voyage – for voyages of five nights or more.

*Prices are subject to change

i sent this e mail to cunard

Hi I just noticed there are new drinks packages available for Queen Mary2.

Which beers wines and spirits are included and are mixers and soft drinks included in the $69 beers wines and spirits package.also is it extra for cocktails and what's the difference between the premium soft drink and normal package.

If u get drinks packages can u get drinks delivered to room service

this is the response i got which was pointless as it just gave me the link in which i had seen the info

Thank you for your email.

Full details regarding our drinks packages can be found at the following link - https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Leah

Guest Services

Cunard Line

i just wondered if anyone could answer my question

I also emailed Cunard and got the same response. It would be helpful to find out before we leave home as to what is included or otherwise!

I am assuming coffee and soft drinks are not in the wines, spirits package. I have no idea of the individual limit per drink, could be $9 or $11, or a completely random amount.

Depending on the details we might, or might not, take our own wine onboard at Southampton.

Cunard seem unhappy/unable to give an answer, I wonder if there are going to be different conditions for different countries !

They r not very helpful.after reading things in another post I don't think I'll be taking this out as I mainly like cocktails which r not included if they r over certain price which will cost even more,so I might aswell just buy things I like instead and someone said all people in cabin have to have package.im travelling with my mum and she doesn't drink.

Spoke to Cunard by PM on Cunard's Facebook site and this is their response-

all beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails and wines by the glass retailing up to $11 per serving as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks option such as unlimited soft drinks, fruit juices, mocktails, small bottles of mineral water and speciality hot drinks

all beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails and wines by the glass retailing up to $11 per serving as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks option such as unlimited soft drinks, fruit juices, mocktails, small bottles of mineral water and speciality hot drinks

...and limited to one drink per 15 minutes.

Further, even although some large glasses of wine are below the $11 limit, you cannot have them as it's all single measures only.

(Just back from a QM2 NYC round trip)

Not worth having then as I might have the odd pint of lager then mainly cocktails which are mostly over $11.I will buy the cheap soda package and just pay for separate drinks

We were on QE for the trip to Iceland in August. We took QM2 over, they had a coffee card..then on QE they had a coffee/tea package for $8.50 a day plus 15%...not liking it being $15 per day, that’s a lot of coffee, that is almost double what we just paid...on QM2 in late November and was looking forward to the same deal

Sent from my iPad using Forums

...and limited to one drink per 15 minutes.

Further, even although some large glasses of wine are below the $11 limit, you cannot have them as it's all single measures only.

(Just back from a QM2 NYC round trip)

But then it depends what Cunard mean as a single measure.

I agree with 1oz being single, however Wine is usually served as small or large., 150ml or 250ml (Single measures)

Therefore any one of those could be classified as a single measure. :Dand under $11 and allowed.

A small bier could be classified as a single measure, but they allow any beer up to $11

But then it depends what Cunard mean as a single measure.

I agree with 1oz being single, however Wine is usually served as small or large., 150ml or 250ml (Single measures)

Therefore any one of those could be classified as a single measure. :Dand under $11 and allowed.

A small bier could be classified as a single measure, but they allow any beer up to $11

They classify 150ml as "single", so it is not possible to have a 250ml glas, regardless of price.

Beer is by the bottle or pint.

I know this as I was on board QM2 last week and was talking to the bar staff and a lady with the package who wanted a 250ml. She was denied a 250, but got a 150 and was reminded not to come back for another 15 mins (in a polite way).

• 3 weeks later...

I was on Board TransAtlantic arrived September 9,2018

I bought the drinking package, includes cocktails,with Vodka or any hard Liquor. Wine by the glass

Martinis.

There is a lot of resistance in selling this by some staff. I had a few encounters. The Wine Staff hates it , the Bar staff are better.

Depends on the bar , service can me good and will give a good serving of liquor.

It’s a new program, so it’s working with some issues.

I’m glad I took it

I was on Board TransAtlantic arrived September 9,2018

I bought the drinking package, includes cocktails,with Vodka or any hard Liquor. Wine by the glass

Martinis.

There is a lot of resistance in selling this by some staff. I had a few encounters. The Wine Staff hates it , the Bar staff are better.

Depends on the bar , service can me good and will give a good serving of liquor.

It’s a new program, so it’s working with some issues.

I’m glad I took it

How much is the package and can you buy it on board, or before or both.

How much is the package and can you buy it on board, or before or both.

Found some info - that states $69 per day...

Would you know if all passengers in the same cabin have to take it like other cruises or just the one who wants to take this package.

I would like the old coffee card on QM2 I had this summer, $15 per day seems very high just for specialty coffee, cost more than 3 coffees

Just got off QM2 the other week. I didn't purchase the new drinks package, however, some of my table companions did. Yes a couple in the same cabin have to 'both purchase the package' ( approx $966 for seven days ? )

The package includes; beers/spirits , cocktails and wine by the glass , it also includes unlimited soft drinks and 500ml bottles of water,

it also includes unlimited speciality coffees, teas and hot chocolate ( but not the Godiva )

However, this all sounds very nice but, it excludes any drink priced over $11. ( 20% is offered on any drink over the $11) I understand from my table companions and a couple of other guests I spoke to ,that the package was more hassle than what they had bargained for. For example there are not many good 'cocktails or wines by the glass' under the price of $11. One afternoon we visited the Steakhouse at the Verandah and noticed there is only one red wine ( velvet devil Merlot USA) that is available on the package at $10.6 (by the glass) all other wines by the glass were priced over $12/13/14.

My table companions preferred a Pinot Noir and decided to pay an additional $12.50 (less the 20% discount)

The drinks package can only be purchased once onboard and must be purchased before midnight on the second day ( ie the first full day at sea) I understand from several of the bar crew that the uptake of these drinks packages was very low.

Just got off QM2 the other week. I didn't purchase the new drinks package, however, some of my table companions did. Yes a couple in the same cabin have to 'both purchase the package' ( approx $966 for seven days ? )

The package includes; beers/spirits , cocktails and wine by the glass , it also includes unlimited soft drinks and 500ml bottles of water,

it also includes unlimited speciality coffees, teas and hot chocolate ( but not the Godiva )

However, this all sounds very nice but, it excludes any drink priced over $11. ( 20% is offered on any drink over the $11) I understand from my table companions and a couple of other guests I spoke to ,that the package was more hassle than what they had bargained for. For example there are not many good 'cocktails or wines by the glass' under the price of $11. One afternoon we visited the Steakhouse at the Verandah and noticed there is only one red wine ( velvet devil Merlot USA) that is available on the package at $10.6 (by the glass) all other wines by the glass were priced over $12/13/14.

My table companions preferred a Pinot Noir and decided to pay an additional $12.50 (less the 20% discount)

The drinks package can only be purchased once onboard and must be purchased before midnight on the second day ( ie the first full day at sea) I understand from several of the bar crew that the uptake of these drinks packages was very low.

Interestingly that alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 per 24hour period 6am-6am

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

I don't get how anyone who isn't an alcoholic would be able to save money with the $69 package.

Even if I have a beer for lunch, two drinks before dinner, two glasses of wine and a drink after dinner, it wouldn't cost me more than $69.

This is about the maximum I ever drank on a single day onboard, and of course far more than any recommended safe drinking limit.

Quite right Shuffleboard Dude, I don't know how folks could managed to get their monies worth. Whilst I certainly enjoy a drink, I couldn't drink in the day, otherwise I'd be falling a sleep and missing out on the days events. My usual 7.30pm routine is a couple of pre dinner cocktails up in the Commodore, then I'll enjoy a few glasses of wine from my wine package at dinner, then maybe a night cap after the show in the G32.

Some evenings I enjoy dancing in the Queens room so that limits my wine intake at dinner ;) or, on other evenings I will have attended the various CWC cocktail receptions ( six on a round trip) so I don't have time for a pre- dinner Commodore tipple.

I guess with the additional coffee/teas and soft drinks added, maybe some folk feel it's been worth it. :confused:

I don't get how anyone who isn't an alcoholic would be able to save money with the $69 package.

Even if I have a beer for lunch, two drinks before dinner, two glasses of wine and a drink after dinner, it wouldn't cost me more than $69.

That's 6 drinks you have listed. Depends on what they are of course, but let's say an average of $10, that's $60.

I don't know how folks could managed to get their monies worth.

My usual 7.30pm routine is a couple of pre dinner cocktails up in the Commodore, then I'll enjoy a few glasses of wine from my wine package at dinner, then maybe a night cap after the show in the G32.

And equally you have just listed 6 or more. Another $60.

So you have both stated you don't know how anyone can drink $69. But 6 drinks @ $10 each, plus 15% comes out at $69.

It's so easy to rack up that size of bar bill without even realising it, as both Bell Boy and Shuffleboard Dude have just demonstrated !!

That's 6 drinks you have listed. Depends on what they are of course, but let's say an average of $10, that's $60.

So you have both stated you don't know how anyone can drink $69. But 6 drinks @ $10 each, plus 15% comes out at $69.

It's so easy to rack up that size of bar bill without even realising it, as both Bell Boy and Shuffleboard Dude have just demonstrated !!

Have a few Juices and Coffees and soft drinks as well, so it may be worth purchasing as its only limited to 15 Alcoholic drinks.

Yes it may roughly equal $69 but as I wrote, that is the absolute maximum I ever had on a single day, and not my regular intake.

I'm quite capable of spending more than $69 for booze a day. Sometimes we order a bottle of wine in the MDR or have a drink that's $15. But these are things that aren't included in the package!

. Sometimes we order a bottle of wine in the MDR or have a drink that's $15. But these are things that aren't included in the package!

When you look at it like that, it does make the package somewhat poor value when so much is not included as you say.

For us, we average around $100 on pop over the course of the cruise. Some of that will be wine by the bottle and we nearly always order a bottle of port at the start of the cruise to finish our evening meal with (a don't mean a bottle a day !). I drink more than Mrs Toad, so even at our $100 a day the $69x2 package would not be worth it.

The package isn't for selling it is for giving away.

"Book this cruise and receive a free AI package worth $69 a day".

I called today to make a change to our next cruise..I asked about it, she said it was new package Cunard are trying that you buy when getting on board. I asked if both passengers had to buy it and she said no...I had the coffee package this summer on QE2 but it was only $8.50 plus grat..and only I had to buy it.

• 8 months later...