Cunard unveils 2020 itineraries

SummmerInKefalonia

I've been waiting patiently this morning for Cunard to post the new 2020 itinerary details on their US site. They have posted an "Introducing our new 2020 voyages." page on the US site similar to the one on the UK site. But the links to the details on that page (such as "Find a Transatlantic Crossing") produce the result "No cruises found". And the "Find and Book a Cruise" function on the US site shows nothing yet past "May 2020". Oh well, at least when I "vpn" to the UK, I can see the itineraries on the UK site and they appear to be as previously discussed on the "2020" thread from early August.

Perhaps one thing delaying the posting is waiting for the National Park Service to award Glacier Bay cruise days - QE has not been granted any for 2019, perhaps there will be some for 2020?

Five cruise line permits are awarded on a ten year basis and historically, Princess and Holland America are awarded the most days.

I think they cover the summer of 2019 onwards for ten years.

Just looked it up. New Permits will run from 1st October 2019 to September 30th 2029.

Edited by Victoria2
added dates

The 2020 summer itineraries are now up on Cunard's US site.

I notice one issue with the itineraries that will need to be sorted out. The QM2 7-day "Independence Day Celebration" (voyage M020 - 29 June to 6 July 2020) is described as calling at Portland, Maine (which we previously discussed in the earlier "2020" thread). Yet the itinerary does not list Portland and shows nothing happening on 3 July 2020 (not even a sea day). This itinerary map for that voyage does include Portland, so hopefully that's just a glitch in the listed itinerary omitting Portland on 3 July 2020.

M020-01.jpg

Has anyone noticed nothing for Queen Mary in November? Perhaps dry dock? Was hoping to be on her for big birthday celebration.

Yes, QM2 is due for a drydock in 2020. Actually, it looks like there are a couple things going on with QM2 in November 2020. The "preliminary" 2020 schedule which was posted in early August on some US cruise booking web sites showed this November 2020 schedule for QM2.

Nov 1-6: Hamburg, Stavanger, Oslo, Hamburg

Nov 6-28: Hamburg, Southampton

My take on this is the November 6-28, 2020 dates will be her drydock. And although I don't know for sure, I suspect the November 1-6, 2020 dates might be a charter from Hamburg as has happened before. A similar 5-day gap in QM2's schedule for October 27-November 1, 2019 has been the topic of discussion on this thread.

QM2 Hamburg Maintenance? October 2019

Edit: The Nov 1-6: Hamburg, Stavanger, Oslo, Hamburg cruise has reappeared on one of the US cruise booking web sites. We'll have to see if it ever appears on the Cunard web site though.

Edited by bluemarble

As I said on an earlier thread I was hoping for a repeat of the 2019 Vancouver (Alaska) and back to the UK via Iceland cruise but looking at what itineraries have been posted I don't think it's there.

I'll see what else there is, otherwise I may (gulp) look elsewhere.

Personally I think it's a shame that the QE appears to be not doing any cruises from Southampton all year. There will only be one ship doing regular cruises from Southampton (QV) and the QM2 doing a couple to the fjords.

And how did cruises to the fjords get so expensive with balcony prices starting at £1,499 for 7 nights! (over £200 a night). We've been a few times in the past and we paid around £799 - just over £100 a night.

Personally I think it's a shame that the QE appears to be not doing any cruises from Southampton all year. There will only be one ship doing regular cruises from Southampton (QV) and the QM2 doing a couple to the fjords. ...

I think we can safely rule out any "Three Queens" meetings in 2020. If I have it figured correctly there will only be three dates when two queens (QM2 and QV) will be in the same port (Southampton) during all of 2020: Jun 7, July 22, and November 28.

The 2020 summer itineraries are now up on Cunard's US site.

I notice one issue with the itineraries that will need to be sorted out. The QM2 7-day "Independence Day Celebration" (voyage M020 - 29 June to 6 July 2020) is described as calling at Portland, Maine (which we previously discussed in the earlier "2020" thread). Yet the itinerary does not list Portland and shows nothing happening on 3 July 2020 (not even a sea day). This itinerary map for that voyage does include Portland, so hopefully that's just a glitch in the listed itinerary omitting Portland on 3 July 2020.

M020-01.jpg

Hi John,

Yes I saw that too! Portland was not included as mentioned in the past.

Being one that have taken the 4th July sailings in the past and next year, I was interested in seeing 2020 and it's description. I was shocked to see Boston and Halifax repeated day after day in this sailing.

Having been on this sailing several times, I was looking for Portland or another port added like Newport added for next year. That's what caught our eye with the additional day at Sea.

Having been on this sailing several times, I personally have seen Boston & Halifax enough times to stay on the ship or find another cruise. Don't know what Cunard was thinking about this port lineup. Hope the error if any is corrected in future printings and postings.

I too am very disappointed with the 2020 itineraries. Hardly any Med cruises as per 2018, no Queen Elizabeth and the Grill prices are extremely high. Also the same boring Christmas/New year cruise - why don’t they go further south say to Cape Verde islands for a change. Unfortunately it looks like I’ll be looking elsewhere for 2018 and 19! May give Sagas new ship a try.

Hi John,

Yes I saw that too! Portland was not included as mentioned in the past.

Being one that have taken the 4th July sailings in the past and next year, I was interested in seeing 2020 and it's description. I was shocked to see Boston and Halifax repeated day after day in this sailing.

Having been on this sailing several times, I was looking for Portland or another port added like Newport added for next year. That's what caught our eye with the additional day at Sea.

Having been on this sailing several times, I personally have seen Boston & Halifax enough times to stay on the ship or find another cruise. Don't know what Cunard was thinking about this port lineup. Hope the error if any is corrected in future printings and postings.

Here is what one cruise booking site is showing for the itinerary on the QM2 Independence Day Celebration cruise.

Monday, June 29, 2020 - New York - depart 05:00pm

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - At Sea

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - Halifax - arrive 08:00am

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - Halifax - depart 02:00am

Friday, July 03, 2020 - Portland - arrive 08:00am, depart 08:00pm

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - Boston - arrive 08:30am

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - Boston - depart 02:00am

Monday, July 06, 2020 - New York - arrive 06:30am

Here is what one cruise booking site is showing for the itinerary on the QM2 Independence Day Celebration cruise.

Monday, June 29, 2020 - New York - depart 05:00pm

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - At Sea

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - Halifax - arrive 08:00am

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - Halifax - depart 02:00am

Friday, July 03, 2020 - Portland - arrive 08:00am, depart 08:00pm

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - Boston - arrive 08:30am

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - Boston - depart 02:00am

Monday, July 06, 2020 - New York - arrive 06:30am

Dear John,

Thank you for your information. This is much clearer seeing Portland added. Brings a Smile.

BTW, do you know as accurate the times for the 2019 sailing next year which Newport was added. Trying to verify that. I have one set of times but not sure if can rely on it. Would appreciate...

E.S.S.

Dear John,

Thank you for your information. This is much clearer seeing Portland added. Brings a Smile.

BTW, do you know as accurate the times for the 2019 sailing next year which Newport was added. Trying to verify that. I have one set of times but not sure if can rely on it. Would appreciate...

E.S.S.

I don't know if these times are necessarily any more accurate than what you have, but here is what I am seeing on about half a dozen different sites for the 2019 QM2 Independence Day voyage.

June 30, 2019 - New York - depart 5:00pm

July 2, 2019 - Halifax - arrive 7:00am, depart 6:30pm

July 4, 2019 - Boston - arrive 4:00am

July 5, 2019 - Boston - depart 2:00am

July 6, 2019 - Newport - arrive 8:00am, depart 6:00pm

July 7, 2019 - New York - arrive 6:30am

I noticed that on April 25, 2020 there is a eastbound Transatlantic.(M011A) There is no option to continue on to Hamburg after arriving in the UK, but there is a 4-day roundtrip (M011C) leaving Southampton to Hamburg scheduled on the same day it arrives in the UK. Will it be possible to go from NY to Hamburg only without having to pay for the return to Southampton?

I noticed that on April 25, 2020 there is a eastbound Transatlantic.(M011A) There is no option to continue on to Hamburg after arriving in the UK, but there is a 4-day roundtrip (M011C) leaving Southampton to Hamburg scheduled on the same day it arrives in the UK. Will it be possible to go from NY to Hamburg only without having to pay for the return to Southampton?

Voyage M011 (without the "A" suffix) is the 9-night Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing from New York to Hamburg from 25 April to 4 May 2020. For whatever reason, it doesn't show up yet on Cunard's web site when you do a standard search such as a search by sailing date for the month of April 2020. But it does show up if you choose the option to "search by cruise number" and enter "M011".