Another cruise company comments about pricing

nordski

Not a surprise, watching pricing across all lines.

And the "cruise is the best value for your vacation dollar" meme has jumped the shark for us. Seeing much, much better value in other travel choices. Still have 8 cruises booked (7 ocean, 1 river) but all were booked prior to the upward pricing spiral. Not a single one would I book today.

Interesting . . . but then he is a salesman pushing the greatness of his product!

“The days of us or anybody else deeply discounting inventory inside of 30 days or 60 days are gone,” del Rio said.

On this statement, I think he is dreaming . . . we are bombarded daily with offers of deeply discounted "Guarantee" stateroom offers and we know from checking stateroom availability, just how many staterooms are not booked at the time of final payment on various cruises on different lines we have been monitoring over many months.

Does not surprise me we generally budgeted on around $1200 per day for our cruises but have switched to land travel lately as it is better value for money

These comments from Frank del Rio may prove interesting but not surprising.

Hope this link works.

https://www.avidcruiser.com/2018/09/frank-del-rio-mind-the-curve/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9-16-18-Avid-Cruiser-newsletter

There is competition to get people to book cruises. I like Azamara and Oceania. I have a future cruises booked on both lines. Prices vary from cruise to cruise. It is really just supply and demand that will adjust price fluctuations. To increase prices across the board may make some people book before October 1st. Most will book when they decide that the cruise, dates, and price are all good. Be ready to recognize a good price and book. I have missed out on some great deals. If I do, I know that given time there will another opportunity. There are always options for vacationing. Be patient. If cruises don't sell out, prices will drop.