QM2 Golden Lion menu

Phil50

I am struggling to find a menu for the Golden Lion. I am very interested in having lunch there a few days on our WB crossing in 4 weeks. I'm getting excited now and in full on planning mode, I've managed to print out menus for other restaurants but can't find this one anywhere. Those menus look lovely - can't wait! But I reckon we'll be skipping some meals some days as it's going to be a heck of a lot of food for 7 consecutive days....do you seasoned cruisers "skip" meals?

Also, my wife and myself don't drink so we may be interested in a soft drinks package. I noticed on Cunards website that there's a "new" $10 pppd soft drink package available. Anyone know anything about this or used it?

I also have a question regarding the laundry service/launderette. We are on deck 11, I believe there's a laundry room on that deck. Will we need to take some washing powder ourselves or is it provided?

I'm sure to be on here regularly now with a few last minute questions! So thanks in advance :)

Personally I liked the cod and tikka masala. My experience is they get crowded at lunch. Depending on when you get there.

I am more like a hobbit on cruises: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, although only 1 dinner and a very late night snack in the buffet.

Afternoon tea and snacks of course.

Personally I tried a soft drink package on another cruise line and did not think it worth it. How much will you drink and what is included. If it is only soda you need to drink about 4 sodas every day to be ahead of paying for each one.

Free juice, coffee, tea is available almost all the time in the buffet.

The laundry on deck 8 had laundry powder available for free in July.

I am more like a hobbit on cruises: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, although only 1 dinner and a very late night snack in the buffet.

Afternoon tea and snacks of course.

:eek:....at least you restrain yourself at dinner ;)