Golden Lion pub

Bennybluehat

Last time we were on the QM2 there were darts available, but we also brought our own. The good thing about the QM2 compared to the QV is that you can go and play darts anytime you like because there's a dedicated area in the bar. Unless it's changed in the last few years that is as we've not been on the QM2 for a fair number of years.

I came across the menu for The Golden Lion on QM2 on another thread & wondered if meals are served at lunch time only or if they serve food in the evening aswell. Also wondering if the bar provides darts to use or are u meant to bring your own? Thanks in advance.

There are two dart boards in an area of the Golden Lion, separated from the seating area by a wood and glass screen. They are situated at the aft end of the room, near to one of the entrance/exits.

They do have darts however they are of questionable quality (I tried them out). I would check to be sure they do not prohibit you from taking your own onboard (ie a restricted item).

Personally although the menu is limited I did enjoy lunch there. They do tend to get crowded for lunch. Also, I thought they had a decent selection of beers. Not sure every bar has the same selection of beers.

They do have darts however they are of questionable quality (I tried them out). I would check to be sure they do not prohibit you from taking your own onboard (ie a restricted item).

Personally although the menu is limited I did enjoy lunch there. They do tend to get crowded for lunch. Also, I thought they had a decent selection of beers. Not sure every bar has the same selection of beers.

We sailed on QM2 this summer, brought our own darts and played on our own as well as joining the competitions where we all had to use the same ones...we then got on QE2 and where very disappointed to see that the dart board was only useable during the daily competition as there is a table in the way , as this is a pub, was expecting the same as QM2

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Meals during the day are part of your ship's dining plan, complementary. In the evening The Golden Lion becomes another extra charge alternative dining facility.

I think the dinner dining was a test. It was not true the last two weeks on the QM2.

However, no argument to your reply to the original question - Pub lunch is no extra charge. And a GREAT alternative!

We sailed on QM2 this summer, brought our own darts and played on our own as well as joining the competitions where we all had to use the same ones...we then got on QE2 and where very disappointed to see that the dart board was only useable during the daily competition as there is a table in the way , as this is a pub, was expecting the same as QM2

The QV is the same. There's a table in the way and the oche is a bit of tape on the carpet.