Port Canaveral to Jetty Park?

trumpetfish55

It's not a bad walk from Terminal 1. Not walkable from other terminals.

Close .... but not exactly correct.

Depends on who you will be on when visiting and/or where you get parked. Some visiting ships use T-3, which is actually the closest to Jetty Park, so very walkable. T-1 is also walkable but a bit farther. For example, Aidaluna has several upcoming port calls here and they are scheduled for T-3. in general if visiting on Mon, Fri or Sunday, T-1 is in use by the primary tenant RCCL. On other days a port call may be sent to T-1 as it is the newest 'best' terminal

The other terminals are on the other side of the port and a drawbridge must be crossed to get from one side to the other. Last i checked this bridge was still closed to pedestrian traffic - no walking allowed .....

enhance

p.s. visiting NCL ships usually use T-10 ... which the port considers to be NCL primary spot ....

the port web site has a cruise ship schedule listing berths thru the end of Sept ... but I can't seem to find anything beyond that .... you can look at the history for earlier in the year tho ....

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2017/Master-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

The web site showing which ships dock where that had only up to "fiscal 2017" (ending 9/30/17) has now been updated starting with 10/1/17. It shows NCL Breakaway docked at CT1 yet that is not NCL's official dock. I guess if RCCL isn't using CT1, then other ships use it.

Does anyone know what transportation you can get from CT1 to Jetty Park. Also anyone been to Jetty Park and what did you think.

yes, they must have put up the new sched with the new fiscal year, 1 Oct

and as I said, visiting ships sometimes go to 1 when RCCL isn't using it. RCCL uses Mon, Fri (Majesty) and Sunday (Oasis) at this time ...

You can get a taxi I suppose ... they'll love the short fare.

Note: Jetty Park charges admission PER VEHICLE .... it is possible a taxi would be charged this fee. $5 https://www.portcanaveral.com/APAP

walkers are not charged so you may want the taxi to simply drop you at the entr'

Jetty Park is a very popular spot with local folks and has a good concessions set up with showers and rentals etc. At this time the fishing pier is closed ..

Jetty Park will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. The fishing pier is closed until repairs can be made from Hurricane Irma damage.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Recreation/Jetty-Park-Beach-Pier

{Jetty Park is operated by the Port Authority and is NOT park of the Brevard County Parks system ...}

Captain BJ, how sure are you that Jetty Park beach area is open. I read on one of these boards that it is closed and they didn't specify just the pier being closed. It would be an ideal place for us since one in our party of 8 seniors has difficulty walking long distances. I'm hoping that a taxi can get her close to the beach. Also, how hard is it going to be to get a taxi back to the ship? Are they still renting chairs and umbrellas? Is the small cafe open? Your info was very helpful and anything else you can share is appreciated.

Captain BJ, how sure are you that Jetty Park beach area is open. I read on one of these boards that it is closed and they didn't specify just the pier being closed. It would be an ideal place for us since one in our party of 8 seniors has difficulty walking long distances. I'm hoping that a taxi can get her close to the beach. Also, how hard is it going to be to get a taxi back to the ship? Are they still renting chairs and umbrellas? Is the small cafe open? Your info was very helpful and anything else you can share is appreciated.

We cruised out of Port Canaveral on Sept. 24th and there were people out on the beach at jetty Park.

The link I provided is the port's page for park info

this is what's on their page:

Jetty Park Reopening Update:

Jetty Park will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. The fishing pier is closed until repairs can be made from Hurricane Irma damage. We will return to our normal hours from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily once the fishing pier is repaired.

btw, technically the beach never closes .... the park is the parking, campground, fishing pier and concessions. If these are 'closed' folks still can walk the beach from the south ....

• 10 months later...

I am sailing on the NCL Escape in November 2018. We stop from 1pm-9pm in Port Canaveral. I was wondering if anyone knows where the NCL Escape docks and if there are any beaches that are in walking distance? Do they run any shuttles from the NCL Pier that go to beaches or other locations in Cocoa Beach?

thanks

I am sailing on the NCL Escape in November 2018. We stop from 1pm-9pm in Port Canaveral. I was wondering if anyone knows where the NCL Escape docks and if there are any beaches that are in walking distance? Do they run any shuttles from the NCL Pier that go to beaches or other locations in Cocoa Beach?

thanks

Most likely Terminal 10 on the north side of the Port. You cannot walk anywhere!

NCL buses circle back and forth to the beach near Ron Jon every 30 minutes. Cost was $15 pp adult and $9 pp child last time we checked

Just an uodate on NCL beach shore trips at Port Canaveral:

NCL currently shuttles passengers via air-condintioned vans to the Sheraton Four Points across from Ron Jon for Beach visits. These vans run the route every 30 minutes or so for about $15 pp.

Passengers then walk two blocks east to the beach where they can rent beach chairs, etc. There are no bathrooms at this stretch of the beach.

They used to drop at Shepard Beach but perhaps because of the summer heat it is better to have folks wait under cover near the hotel lobby. It is also clearly better for business for the owners of Ron Jon and the hotel/shuttle company!

Sheraton-Beach-Shuttle-Stop-2.jpg

Thanks...

Is the cost $15 R/T or each way??

Return transfer.

Frankly speaking, why they drop passengers near a beach with no bathrooms is beyond me. I understand the economics of optimizing the shopping experience but if the beach is the priority then DO NOT buy the ship package.

Use Uber/Lyft instead and go to Jetty Park (best beach), or Cocoa Beach Pier or the beach at Sandbar (Ron Jon is just a block way)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums