All Inclusive Day pass Nassau

kayjay76

Hi everyone!

Saling Feb 2019 via Bliss NCL to Nassau group of 25

We're looking for any advice on a true all inclusive, drinks food free. So far I can find Breezes, Warwick, RIU. Am I missing any others someone likes? We are leaning towards Breezes but if anyone has any suggestions at all that would be great.

Melia looks nice but it's not a true all inclusive. How are the drink and food prices?

We're going back in November. Last November we did the day pass at the Hilton (can't remember exact name without looking up), but it's a very old, though lovely hotel, which is within walking distance from the cruise port. The food was EXCELLENT, but the beach is very tiny. You get a $40 food credit, and use of the pool, towel, etc. As for Breezes, we stayed there for a week once, and found it to be quite the party place. It was a very young crowd and we're now seniors, though we were then. However, the food was very good. We're wondering about Melia for this visit, so will be interested in your comment.

Melia’s food and drink is pricey, although you can get a very reasonable daiquiri at the daiquiri shack across the street, made with fresh fruit. We enjoyed our day here, also did at RIU, liked the breakfast and lunch buffet. Sandals might also be an option.

I think the hard part will be finding any place that will take 25 people. Are you all planning on getting a day pass? Or are you splitting up? I'd advice splitting up and letting everyone do what they most want to do in Nassau. Save your together time for the ship.

Another thing to keep in mind is that February weather can be iffy. It could be beautiful and warm or if a cold front comes through it could be cold and windy. Have a plan B.

Breezes would be a good choice for a larger group since RIU is smaller. Breezes has watersports also while RIU does not. We've been to both Breezes and RIU. Haven't been to Warwick yet so I can't comment on Warwick except that from reading reviews, it looks like they have a nice pool but not much beach.

Hi everyone!

Saling Feb 2019 via Bliss NCL to Nassau group of 25

We're looking for any advice on a true all inclusive, drinks food free. So far I can find Breezes, Warwick, RIU. Am I missing any others someone likes? We are leaning towards Breezes but if anyone has any suggestions at all that would be great.

Melia looks nice but it's not a true all inclusive. How are the drink and food prices?

You didn't mention ages in your group.. Breezes, Warwick, Riu and Sandals are all adults only.

great advice all, ty!

Age group is no children (yeay!) mid 30s to 40s, big drinkers but not obnoxious

We actually use the excursions to be together as we scatter here there and everywhere on the ship.

And I'm thinking to email ahead to see about group discount but we all usually book on our own. once we post to our group everyone hops on board within a day and buys whatever we're doing.

We've done in the past mr. sanchos in Cozumel and little French key in roatan and loved both

Nassau isn't like Cozumel. There aren't any big beach clubs. Some hotels offer a limited amount of day passes but it's based on how full the hotel already is. I think you're going to have a hard time finding a hotel that will take a large group.

Have you looked into a beach day pass at Blue Lagoon Island? It's not all-inclusive but it's a very enjoyable day and a good way to keep your group together.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Just returned from a cruise where we went to the Melia resort in Nassau and we had a great time there. We didn’t get there til about 10:30 but had no trouble getting a lounge chair at both pool and beach. The beach is lovely, clear, calm water, no seaweed. They provide towels so you do not have to bring them from the ship. I felt lunch was a fair price and I had one drink which was a very large pina colada for $9.00

Overall a good time and I would definitely go back.

• 2 weeks later...
Just returned from a cruise where we went to the Melia resort in Nassau and we had a great time there. We didn’t get there til about 10:30 but had no trouble getting a lounge chair at both pool and beach. The beach is lovely, clear, calm water, no seaweed. They provide towels so you do not have to bring them from the ship. I felt lunch was a fair price and I had one drink which was a very large pina colada for $9.00

You mentioned the you had no trouble finding a lounge chair; were you also able to find shade? We do not like to sunbathe at all so we are looking for a day pass where there is an abundance of beach shade. Any tips? There are five of us.

Did you purchase the day pass on line before your cruise or could you buy it when you arrive at Melia. We are concerned about the weather and would rather decide last minute or one or two days before.

Thank you in advance for your info.