Freeport is a hidden gem of cruising.

vettecruiser1

• 2 weeks later...
Freeport gets a bad rap because people are afraid to go any where but port lucaya. Venture farther down the road. We just went to banana bay and it was pure bliss. A mile of beach with maybe 10 people on it and a great restaurant. Sand is super soft and if the tide is out get ready to find sand dollars. As soon as I figure out how to post photos I will prove it. The whole day including meal for 3, plenty of drinks and the best conch fritters I have ever had for under $130. The only people we ran into were the European locals that live on the island. It totally reminded me of cruising 20 years ago before the ports got packed, with mega ships

Wow your description sounds amazing and right up my families alley. That being said we arrive in Freeport at around 7 am and leave at 1:30. I would be up for taking the family over to the Bananna Bay but my problem is that the restaraunt does not open until noon. By that time we will be heading back towards the ship. Any ideas or opinions about my situation? Thanks in advance, any and all information is welcomed.

We also would love to visit Banana Bay on our port day in Freeport, however our itinerary is also 7am - 1:30. Is it possible to explore the beach in the AM until the restaurant opens?