Freezers in the refrigerators?

R & R Carroll

Are there freezers in the refrigerators in the owners suites on the R ships? If there are, are they cold and big enough for gel ice packs?

On the Insignia, the refrigerator in our cabin did not have a freezer. I brought plastic well sealing bags and asked for extra ice. Our cabin attendants made certain I had 2 buckets of ice twice a day and was encouraged to call if I needed more. I ice twice a day. It worked for me and was suggested by my pt. I also brought a few cold packs just in case. They were not needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even in the top suites the fridges are just that. Fredalyn's suggestion for frequent ice would seem the best answer to me. (Granted, I haven't been in an OS in a very long time but I doubt this has changed.)

20 years ago we traveled through Belize and Nicaragua with a diabetic friend, True, we were staying at top notch places, but I'd say Oceania is equally top notch. Every place we stayed at was happy to store her insulin for her. (We were in fancy places for these areas but they did NOT have minibars in the rooms.)

I wonder if you could make a request of Oceania for special assistance in this matter.

Mura