Question about Nassau activities

Tbcrane14

I've never been to Nassau and our family is going this November. We are sailing on carnival and aren't sure about activities on the island. Do you need to do an excursion through the cruise line or are there other good ways to do some things and experience the culture? Other than the Atlantis resort, I'm not sure what things are good to do. Any advice is much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

You get off the ship and you are basically in the main part of town. You can do things on your own, get a day pass to a resort, take a bus or a taxi around. We were there last Nov. and will be again this Nov.

We went last year without booking an excursion for Nassau and had a great time. First we took a horse and carriage ride\tour around town. Then hopped on the speedboat parked on the water and had a splashing time lol! Neko was a great captain/tour guide! Then headed on down to Senor Frogs for drinks and a couple snacks. For 5 of us everything was less than $250. Great deal! If you're confidant enough you can counter offer and haggle the vendors prices. We did lol!