Riviera snorkling Harvest Caye.

muzzy 10

Hi! Wondering if there are any ship snorkling excursions leaving directly from Harvest Caye? Also, how is the snorkling directly off the beach at the island. Anyone? Anyone?

Muzzy,

According to the shore excursion information from Oceania for my Jan 2019 Reefs & Ruins cruise on the Riviera, there is a Barrier Reef Snorkel from Harvest Caye. It is billed as a 3 hour excursion that departs from the marina on one of their snorkel vessels for a short ride to a site along the reef. It is a “shallow water entry, well suited for beginners and intermediate snorkelers.” The location is supposed to have soft and hard coral formations, sponges, sea fans, anemones, spotted eagle rays, large starfish, queen conchs, sea cucumbers, and colorful reef fish. Tour Price: $119, Your World Price: $89.25.

Sorry I am not able to comment on the merits of the excursion since I haven’t done it. My husband and I are avid snorkelers, and have quite a bit of snorkel experience in Belize having taken a lengthy land vacation there, experiencing some amazing snorkeling there, including Glover’s Reef. Our snorkel experience in Belize on other cruises has been “meh”. Nevertheless, we likely will be doing the Harvest Caye snorkel on our upcoming cruise.

Maybe someone will come along who has done this snorkel and can provide more details. Sorry I can’t help more!

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Linda! You've been quite helpful. Since your Reef and Ruins cruise is before ours, which is the end of March, perhaps you can post "post-cruise" on how this worked out for you. We just booked the cruise yesterday and received printouts about all the shore excursions. Never having been on oceania before,we are going to book only Havana precruise. We have a lot of OBC but don't want to take a chance of this one filling up. The other stops we are willing to take a chance on board. I am sure that OBC will go quickly lol! BTW some friends of ours will be on your cruise,don't know if they joined the roll call tho'. Once again, thank you kindly.

Muzzy