Scenic Eclipse has cancelled all cruise until end of Jan 19

czardas

Why would they be having an Antarctic cruise in the dead of winter?

Hahaha, that is great deadpan! You were joking, right?! Just trying to test folks out I guess. That is the summer in Antarctica, and it is gorgeous there in January and February. Google is your friend in case you have any uncertainties.

I spent yesterday canceling all our flights and incurring charges that I will be passing onto Scenic. I now have to wait another year and a half to do the same cruise, oh and the price is an extra 22k. Not happy but there’s nothing we can do about. We are a,so booked on the Arctic cruise in June, so fingers crossed.

Hahaha, that is great deadpan! You were joking, right?! Just trying to test folks out I guess. That is the summer in Antarctica, and it is gorgeous there in January and February. Google is your friend in case you have any uncertainties.

Of course I was talking about Northern winter. You escape from cold to very cold. In the Southern Hemisphere it’s great to go the Antarctic, because it means travelling from boiling hot to the chill, with the knowledge that it will be nice and warm when you get back.

has anyone else been effected like we have? So disappointed as our January 19, Antarctic cruise was cancelled today.

We are affect too for our Sept. 22 Transatlantic cruise. Will go to TA office on Monday to discuss the options.

See attachment from Scenic via our TA regarding cancellation.

Ricky Chan

Important-Information.pdf

I spent yesterday canceling all our flights and incurring charges that I will be passing onto Scenic. I now have to wait another year and a half to do the same cruise, oh and the price is an extra 22k. Not happy but there’s nothing we can do about. We are a,so booked on the Arctic cruise in June, so fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear about the cancellation and delay.

22,000 extra? Is that with 25% discount.

You could consider another cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

We were booked on a Scenic Eclipse cruise - Cuba in Depth from 5th October and have only heard of the cancellation in the last two weeks. We were really looking forward to our first cruise with Scenic but the way this has been handled has left a sour taste. At first, I grabbed another brochure and thought the 2019 Antarctic cruise with the offered 25% discount could be a replacement, but how could I be confident that will go ahead?

I have had a bit of experience at seeing things being built and seeing an advice to every cruise participant on cruises from August to the end of January next year, all given on the one date makes me think they haven't had their eye on the shipbuilding. You might have thought Scenic would have advised people in blocks as they pushed the finish date back. August, September, then October etcetera. So that they would have had more time to re-organise trips. The block booking pushes back to end of January doesn't give me confidence that cruises in February would go ahead.

How could Scenic have gained the confidence to have taken our deposits on a pretty expensive cruise from the shipyard once, then at the last minute push out six months, but not be prepared for another failure to meet times?

At this time interest rates aren't high, but our money has been paid to Scenic with the first payments last November. They have tied up our funds and collected the deposit security sum as well. The notification came too late to select a meaningful replacement trip as they had all been booked months before.

Scenic, I am peed off

John