[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:50 PM.
Sydney, Australia
14,617 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by MicCanberra
I didn't say it was better, I was asking how it was better. Which hasn't been addressed.
Actually, it was addressed: "It's an easier way to go, and bulk luggage is less costly (which is a factor when making a move.) Plus some people don't like to fly. "

The cats are just an addition to that, not the factor deciding that.
Canberra Australia
43,751 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by The_Big_M
Actually, it was addressed: "It's an easier way to go, and bulk luggage is less costly (which is a factor when making a move.) Plus some people don't like to fly. "

The cats are just an addition to that, not the factor deciding that.
Although, I doubt it is easier to get a cat onto a cruise than a plane, let alone into a different country. I also think it would be a much longer confinement for the cat due to the length of the trip.
Sydney Australia
718 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by Bpos
Perhaps you should contact Johnny Depp for advice on this matter.

After all he has some form in bringing a dog to Australia by plane.

As a fellow American, Johnny can probably provide some insight to the can do's and cannot do's in relation to this part of the world.

Why he may even provide some financial assistance to you in this matter.

Great Idea. I think Mr Joyce has his thoughts going in another direction... something to do with proving paternity or some such thing... not with dogs of course
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fairsky - 1963.....not a cruise..9 years old....was a Ten pound tourist
Pacific Sun - 20 March 2006
Pacific Sun - 19 Feb 2007
Pacific Dawn - 7 March 2008
Rhapsody of the Seas - 2 April 2009
Pacific Sun - 7 March 2010
Norwegian Star - 29 May 2010 (Alaska)
Pacific Pearl - 17 Feb 2011
Carnival Liberty - 3 March 2012 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Freedom - 10 March 2012 (Southern Caribbean)
Carnival Spirit - 21 March 2013
Oosterdam - 30 March 2014
Sun Princess - 19 March 2015
Explorer of the Seas - 30 March 2016
Radiance of the Seas - 18 April 2017 (Trans Pacific)
Carnival Spirit - 6 June 2018 (Singapore to Sydney)
Sydney, Australia
14,617 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Although, I doubt it is easier to get a cat onto a cruise than a plane, let alone into a different country. I also think it would be a much longer confinement for the cat due to the length of the trip.
I think that's what the poster was trying to find out. :-)

As for time, it's only about 3-4 days Sydney-Auckland usually. Cats/dogs often go into boarding for much longer that, and international flights may also take similar time, with connections, plus allowing for earlier checkins for preparation. And then you have extended quarantine. So that period of time is not so much an issue, compared to all the rest that goes into it.
Canberra Australia
43,751 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I am not sure that ShallaBal is coming from Sydney, it seems that are from the US as they said ''I am in a similar situation'' to KarelianMom who said " It would be a 1-way trip from USA to NZ". Might well be from Seattle or Hawaii.???
Perth, Western Australia
964 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Cruise ships do not allow pets at all. Only service animals. (Apart from the Queen Mary transatlantic.) There probably aren't any customs and reception facilities for pets in NZ ports either.

Putting cats in a pet box on a freighter across the Pacific doesn't seem a good idea. Stick to the tried and true, relatively quick aeroplane cargo method.

What a pity the original 2016 poster didn't let us know their outcome.