Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:19 AM.
Salamander Bay, NSW, Aust
68 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

Hi everyone, great to see that most of us have arrived safely back into the "reality" of everyday life - ho hum isn't it

We had a fairly long day in Auckland last Friday, getting off the beautiful Century at around 10AM, then shuttled to the Crowne Plaza where our "day room" beckoned!!! It was merely use of the Conference Room for the day until our bus departed for the airport at 3PM. Tea, coffee and some lame cookies were all that were provided! Didn't go down too well after what we had been used to! Needless to say we wandered around Auckland for a few hours made all the worse for seeing the Century in dock and all the new passengers arriving to embark!!! We did however manage to snag a few bargains at the Rugby World Cup shop on the dock.

Got to the airport around 3:30PM then had to fill in another 3 hours as flight wasn't until 6:40PM. It was Emirates A380 however in "cattle class" could have been any old airline. It was a bit of an anti climax after our fabulous 2 weeks on the Century. Arrived at Sydney Airport around 10PM then had to line up in Customs forever and do the Immigration thing etc. etc. Fortunately we had arranged to stay overnight at an airport hotel before embarking on the 3 hour drive home (via the parents of course!!!).

Thank you everyone for such a fabulous cruise, it was wonderful to meet so many of our fellow CC members and hopefully we can stay in touch. A huge thank you also to Margaret and Peter for your awesome organisation of our CC events - it certainly added to the overall enhancement of the trip. You did a fabulous job and it is much appreciated. Thank you also to Patty & Colin for organising the Cabin Crawl - it was fun.

The only sour note we had was the "loss" of Scott's Olympus camera which he received as an Xmas present. We were only aware of it after disembarking which didn't give me the chance to visit Guest Relations on board. I was hoping that it would turn up in somebody's suitcase but alas no. I have contacted Royal Carribean who have informed me that all "lost property" from our cruise will be offloaded in Sydney on the 18th so to ring them on the 19th. I was so hoping that I could contact one of the fabulous Officers we met on board to establish whether in fact that the camera happened to be in Lost Property (highly unlikely) however could only find Facebook profiles for 3 of them. Needless to say haven't heard anything back so am thinking it is a lost cause, most unfortunate.

To end up, I was fortunate enough to receive 2 sets of the restaurant menus, given to us by not only our waiter but also a neighbouring waiter! I didn't have the heart to tell our waiter that I already had a set as they seemed to be so proud of giving them to me and told me not to tell anyone! So, if anybody would like a set of menus please let me know and I will post them to you, doesn't matter where you live.

So, once again thanks to everyone for such a fabulous time, it's kind of hard being back now - it feels really flat.

Take care,

Rosemary, Robert, Jake, Andrew & Scott
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Atlanta
7 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Thanks for everything Margaret and Peter. It was nice meeting you and the other folks from CC.

Although Hunter and I were not ready for the vacation to end, we were glad to be home after the long flights.

We hope to see you on a future cruise!

Brunson & Hunter
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Silhouette - Israel (10/17)
Norwegian Breakaway - Bermuda (5/17)
Royal Caribbean Harmony - Caribbean (1/17)
Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos (8/16)
Uniworld River Beatrice - Danube (4/16)
Celebrity Silhouette - Baltic (7/15)
Celebrity Summit - Bermuda (4/15)
Norwegian Breakaway - NYC CTN (1/15)
Celebrity Equinox - Aegean (6/14)
Celebrity Solstice - New Zealand (3/14)
Celebrity Silhouette - Adriatic (9/13)
Celebrity Constellation - Bahamas (1/13)
Royal Caribbean Navigator - Mediterranean (10/12)
Celebrity Century - Australia & NZ (12/11)
Royal Caribbean Allure - Caribbean (9/11)
Celebrity Eclipse - Caribbean (1/11)
Celebrity Equinox - Caribbean (4/10)
Royal Caribbean Liberty - Caribbean (9/09)
Celebrity Galaxy - Mediterranean (10/08)
Celebrity Summit - Alaska (8/06)
Royal Caribbean Voyager - Bermuda (11/05)
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska (7/05)
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska (9/03)
Celebrity Summit - Alaska (9/02)
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska (9/01)
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska (7/99)
Norwegian Leeward - Key West (3/98)
Canberra, Australia
2,369 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Hi everyone, glad to see everyone making it home safely. I started back at work on Monday, and it was a hard week! But I left work at 3 today, so sitting in the back yard enjoying the afternoon sunshine.

To anyone who used the Internet on board, was the wifi only available in certain hotspots, or was it available all over the ship and in staterooms?

People on my Feb 17 roll call asked me, and I did not know!

Thanks, Yvette
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill and Yvette - 210 nights at sea - 83 RCI (7 cruises) & 127 X (12 cruises)
To come
18 December 2018 - Aurora Expeditions Polar Pioneer 11 night Antarctica Expedition #306
30 March 2019 - RCI Ovation of the Seas 10 night New Zealand #7638 (JS)

29 December 2019 - RCI Voyager of the Seas 12 night South Pacific and Fiji NYE #9318 (JS)

Done
21 Dec 2017 - X Solstice New Zealand 12 night Christmas and NYE #6302 (balc)
12 July 2017 - RCI Brilliance of the Seas 12 night Mediterranean and Venice cruise #9003 (in)
22 Dec 2016 - RCI Explorer of the Seas 12 night South Pacific and Fiji Christmas and NYE #9692 (balc)
28 Dec 2015 - X Solstice 8 Night South Pacific New Year's Eve #1610 (aqua balc)
22 Aug 2015 - RCI Serenade of the Seas 8 night Norwegian Fjords #9240 (balc)
30 August 2015 - RCI Serenade of the Seas 16 night Scandinavia & Iceland Transatlantic #9240 (balc)
21 Dec 2014 - X Solstice 14 night Christmas & NYE New Zealand Cruise #6303 (balc)
1 Aug 2014 - X Millennium 7 night Alaska Northern Glaciers #1129 (in)
25 July 2014 - X Millennium 7 night Alaska Southern Glaciers #1129 (in)
20 Dec 2013 - RCI Radiance of the Seas 9 night South Pacific Christmas Cruise #1104 (balc)
17 Nov 2012 - X Summit 7 night Southern Caribbean - itinerary A #9038 (aqua balc)
10 Nov 2012 - X Summit 7 night Southern Caribbean - itinerary B #9038 (aqua balc)
17 Feb 2012 - X Century 18 Night Top of Australia Circumnavigation #1098 (conc balc)
24 De 2011 - X Century 13 night Sydney to Auckland Christmas & NYE #8083 (in)
4 Feb 2011 - X Xpedition 7 night Galapagos (10 night package) #306 (ov)
18 December 2010 - RCI Rhapsody of the Seas 9 Night South Pacific Christmas #8063 (in)
21 Dec 2009 - RCI Rhapsody of the Seas 17 Night Australia & New Zealand Christmas and NYE #3587 (in)
3 Oct 2008 - X Infinity 16 Night Eastbound Panama Canal #8003 (ov)
30 Oct 2006 - X Galaxy 11 night Eastern Mediterranean #5029 (in)
Bunbury WA
57 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by MargoK
Welcome to Cruise Critic Christy and Eddie.

So glad you have been bitten by the cruising bug, and likewise it was great meeting you both. (will email you privately over the weekend)

Hi Stuart - glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. You obviously survived visiting Hamilton and the long flight home.
Margo, gotta love the individual entertainment screens... they passed the 7 hour flight well. Hamilton was great, loved the time with my cousin and family...
Bunbury WA
57 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by BrusselsGirl07
Hi everyone, glad to see everyone making it home safely. I started back at work on Monday, and it was a hard week! But I left work at 3 today, so sitting in the back yard enjoying the afternoon sunshine.

To anyone who used the Internet on board, was the wifi only available in certain hotspots, or was it available all over the ship and in staterooms?

People on my Feb 17 roll call asked me, and I did not know!

Thanks, Yvette
Most areas on the ship my Iphone wanted to connect to the ships wifi, so it appears to be available all over the ship. Also in our cabin on deck 4 i had no phone signal but plenty of wifi coverage
UK
529 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Good to see some of our Roll Call is slowly returning home and finding time to 'pop' in.

I wondered if anyone took photos at the Luncheon, as Pete & I were so busy we never got around to it! I would love to be able to put some up on my Blog.

I am up to 29th Dec on the Blog - although Patty has complained that I am too slow! It takes a bit of time uploading the content, proofing it (well sort of!) and then selecting and uploading the photos. BUT I am getting there - three days loaded this afternoon, but now I need to make a start of dinner! Jimmy, whats the chef's recommondation tonight??? Left overs - bu.... and I have to chuck it together too I suppose.

I am looking into setting up a forum for those on this Roll Call under " Friends of Cruise Critic" I will let you know when that happens!
Hey, Margo ... yes, I knew where I was .. but figured we all needed extra napkins .. we had a hoot and went back another day for some more of the lovely food and the waiter that gave us all those extra napkins remembered us and we had a laugh ... wonderful place, wonderful cruise critic company and ab fab food ... we took some photos but still unpacking so will try to get them to you asap .. but seem to remember that Peter was clicking away at one end of the table or the other quite a few times .... I am now unpacking and looking at the piles to wash and just starting to get back into 'charity' mode as I have a large function in February to raise some funds for our local community theatre ... so no stopping for the wicked!!!!
Canberra, A.C.T.
420 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by rrrudge
So, if anybody would like a set of menus please let me know and I will post them to you, doesn't matter where you live.
Hi Rosemary, I would LOVE a set of menus if they haven't already gone?

A week of work and it seems like a looooooong time ago that we were cruising. Hope Scott's camera turns up. On the last day, I finally got my jacket that had been lost since Milford Sounds - I think it was in lost property the whole time but I said it was a blue jacket, and the guy who brought it out said "We don't have any blue ones, but there's this black one ...." (it's dark blue!). I'd been to lost property 4 times before that!

I'm not much of a photographer but if you want any of the ones I took, let me know your email address and I'll send them. (Goes for anyone).

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

P&O - Fairstar
Karelya
P&O - Pacific Sun
P&O - Pacific Star
P&O - Pacific Pearl
P&O Pacific Jewel
P&O Pacific Explorer
NCL - Norwegian Star
Holland American Line - Volendam
Celebrity - Century
Royal Caribbean - Legend of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Voyager of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Mariner of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Ovation of the Seas
Carnival Spirit
68 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Hi Patty,

Lovely to hear from you

Happy to send you the menus, just let me know your address and I will get them off to you. My email address is [email protected] if you'd like to email me directly with your details.

Unfortunately I have received a letter from RCL saying that there is no sign of Scott's camera in Lost Property even though another person from their office told me to ring after the Century returns to Sydney this week - I might do that anyway! I guess it was a bit much to expect of a 10 year old although he is not a kid who is prone to losing things generally. I had the camera in my possession most of the time however recall giving it to Scott close to the cruise end so am assuming that he left it somewhere on board and unfortunately somebody has found it but not handed it in. A big call to assume this I know but can't think of any further explanation. Hopefully between my camera and Andrew's we will have covered the cruise but thanks anyway for your offer for photos.

Have a great week at work?????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Auckland NZ
1,580 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Hi everyone.

Just wondered if any one else who was on Celebrity for the very first time has had any contact with Celebrity or knows what happens about the Captains Club?

I assumed I would be automatically enrolled like they do on Princess, have tried to join on line, but the web says I have no cruise booked (well of course I haven't - I have just sailed!!!)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travel blog - www.travellingkellys.blogspot.com
Future Cruises

Majestic Princess - Auckland to Sydney (12 nights Club Class Mini Suite Accessible Cabin B433)
Christmas 2018 - Move over cruise from Dec 2016
Majestic Princess - Sydney to NZ Return (13 nights Accessible Balcony Stateroom M110) New Year (B2B)
Past Cruises

Sun Princess - Auckland to Sydney (4 nights Inside Accessible Cabin C314) $100 more than flying so a no brainer!
April 2018 Sun Princess - South Pacific (12 nights Oceanview Accessible Stateroom D311) Leaving the house so we can have renovations done June 2017
Golden Princess - Australia / New Zealand BUT Auckland to Auckland (13 nights Balcony Accessible Stateroom C301) Christmas / New Year 2016 Cancelled by an excellent move over offer
Golden Princess - Australia / New Zealand (13 nights Interior Accessible Stateroom E716) Christmas / New Year 2015 (again!)
Celebrity Solstice - 3 Feb 2013 - had to cancel but an honorary Roll Call member until embarkation.
Celebrity Century - Australia/New Zealand (13 nights in an OceanView Accessible Stateroom 5061) Christmas/New Year 2011 - another wonderful cruise with a great bunch of CCer's

Diamond Princess - Australia/New Zealand (12 nights with a Balcony Accessible stateroom C302) Christmas/New Year 2010 (Fantastic thanks to the wonderful CCer's On board)
Southern Cross - CTC Cruises - Pacific Islands (8 days) Christmas 1996
Fairstar - Sitmar - Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan back to Sydney (29 days) June 1989
Fairstar - Sitmar - Singapore to Sydney via Japan (28 days) June 1988
68 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Hi everyone.

Just wondered if any one else who was on Celebrity for the very first time has had any contact with Celebrity or knows what happens about the Captains Club?

I assumed I would be automatically enrolled like they do on Princess, have tried to join on line, but the web says I have no cruise booked (well of course I haven't - I have just sailed!!!)
Hi Margaret - great to hear from someone, seems like it's gone all quiet now that everyone is back home

Following your message, I also tried to enrol in the Captains Club but also received a message back saying I have no "eligible sailings". I have just sent an email off to the Loyalty Desk so you can either do the same or I will let you know what they say when they get back to me. Perhaps Yvette might know since they are seasoned Celebrity travellers! I am jealous that they have 3 more cruises booked this year alone!!! Half your luck guys, but I'm sure you work hard to deserve them.

Phoned RCL in Sydney today following Celebrity's visit yesterday to see if by any remote chance Scott's camera had turned up but no sign of it. I hope whoever has it is enjoying it!!!!

Patty, still need your address to send you the menus when you get a chance. Thanks!

Cheers,

Rosemary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Canada
993 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
Hi Margaret - great to hear from someone, seems like it's gone all quiet now that everyone is back home

Following your message, I also tried to enrol in the Captains Club but also received a message back saying I have no "eligible sailings". I have just sent an email off to the Loyalty Desk so you can either do the same or I will let you know what they say when they get back to me. Perhaps Yvette might know since they are seasoned Celebrity travellers! I am jealous that they have 3 more cruises booked this year alone!!! Half your luck guys, but I'm sure you work hard to deserve them.

Phoned RCL in Sydney today following Celebrity's visit yesterday to see if by any remote chance Scott's camera had turned up but no sign of it. I hope whoever has it is enjoying it!!!!

Patty, still need your address to send you the menus when you get a chance. Thanks!

Cheers,

Rosemary
Hi guys. Work has taken me away from CC. But decided to check in. I recall with Celebrity you are not automatically enrolled and have to enroll on their website. If you find that doesn't work, I suggest if not too much hassle call them. Their customer service on the phone is excellent and I found they get so many emails, it takes forever to get a response. I just checked my status and see they automatically added in our points from our trip and we are now at 7 (unlike Steve who has a bazillion). I do recall we had to enroll ourselves for Royal Caribb. as well.

I did post a review last week and see it still isn't posted. I think I should have spent a bit more time editing as I was a bit harsh on a few minor things. But tend to give the overall personal view.

By the way Margot, Larry and I had a lovely pizza and salad lunch at Non Solo Pizza in Parnell on our last day. Nice little area.

We have yet to organize our photos. Margo, you and Peter did a lovely job of organizing. Saw your blog, it was great.
Calabasas, CA, USA
12,131 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
I think it sometimes takes a couple of weeks until the past cruise credits get into their system...

I just took a look and we've been properly credited for this cruise--not that it makes a difference after 10 credits...

Amy, funny that you had Pizza on Parnell that last day...
We were walking down Parnell lunch time, passed Non Solo (259 Parnell), looked at the menu and kept walking and ended up having Pizza at La Porchetta (167 Parnell)...a block away from you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next:
12/22/18 Celebrity Millennium Asia 14 nt
6/26/19 Celebrity Reflection Baltic 12 nt
7/8/19 Celebrity Reflection British Isles 12 nt

Viking Aegir 13 nt Danube 7/18*
Celebrity Millennium Alaska-7 nt 6/18*RCCL Navigator S Caribbean 9 nt 12/17*HAL Maasdam 7 nt Canada 7/17*RCCL Jewel 7 nt Greece 7/17*RCCL Jewel 7 nt W Med 6/17*Ruby Princess 8 nt Mex Riviera 12/16*Celebrity Constellation 13 nt Iberia 7/16*Celebrity Silhouette 7 nt W. Carib 3/16*Star Princess 5 nt Cabo 11/15*Celebrity Xpedition 10 nt Galapagos 7/15*Celebrity Millennium 7 nt Alaska 6/15*Crown Princess 3 nt Baja 1/15*Golden Princess 3 nt Baja 11/14*Viking Emerald 17 nt China 6/14*RCCL Allure 7 nt E. Carib 1/14*Golden Princess 3 nt Baja 11/13*Celebrity Silhouette 13 nt Adriatic 6/13*RCCL Mariner 7 nt W. Carib 12/12*Celebrity Eclipse 14 nt Iceland/Norway 7/12*Celebrity Century 13 nt Australia/New Zealand 12/11-12*Oceania Marina 16 nt W. Europe 8/11*Carnival Paradise 3 nt Baja 2/11*RCCL Allure 7 nt W. Carib 1/11*Celebrity Eclipse 14 nt Baltic 7/10*Celebrity Summit 7 nt S. Carib 3/10*RCCL Mariner 7 nt Mex Riviera 1/10*Oceania Nautica 14 nt Med/Egypt/Israel 6/09*RCCL Mariner 1 nt Pre-Inaugural 2/09*Sapphire Princess 7 nt Mex Riviera 12/08-9*Celebrity Constellation 14 nt Baltic 7/08*RCCL Vision 7 nt Mex Riviera 3/08*Carnival Liberty, 8 nt Panama 7/07*RCCL Liberty 7 nt W. Caribbean 6/07*RCCL Monarch 5 nt Baja 1/07*Oceania Nautica 14 nt Med 7/06*RCCL Monarch 3 nt Baja 4/06*Celebrity Constellation 14 nt N. Europe 7/05*Celebrity Constellation 7 nt S. Carib 3/05*Celebrity Summit 13 nt Alaska Cruisetour 7/04*RCCL Monarch 3 nt Baja 1/04*Celebrity Millennium 13 nt Med 8/03*RCCL Grandeur 7 nt Mex Riviera 7/02*Crown Princess, 10 nt Baltic/Russia 8/01*Carnival Elation 7 nt Mex Riviera 8/00*RCCL Grandeur 7 nt E. Carib 8/98*Carnival Jubilee 7 nt Mex Riviera 7/97*RCCL Viking Serenade 4 nt Baja 7/96*RCCL Viking Serenade 3 nt Baja 6/94*Norwegian Southward 3 nt Baja 12/89*Premier Atlantic 7 nt Disney 3/89
Ewing, NJ
2,620 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
I have created a new home for you in our "Friends of Cruise Critic Area"

You can find it here: Friends of Century Christmas/New Year 2011

I will also move this thread into their for your continued conversation

Have a great day!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jennifer
Senior Community Support Specialist
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos
Canberra, Australia
2,369 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Hi Margo and Rosemary - yes, Celebrity is our line of choice, although we do like RCI as well. You are not automatically given membership of the Captains Club after you first sail, you have to complete a form and submit it, and after that you will receive a membership number in the mail, and you can log into the captains club area as a member and see you points etc. They had lots of forms on the ship in the future cruise sales area, so it is easy to fill the form in and hand it to the while on board, but I am sure you can get a form mailed to you if you call the Sydney office. Looking forward to being back on board in a few weeks!!! Yvette
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill and Yvette - 210 nights at sea - 83 RCI (7 cruises) & 127 X (12 cruises)
To come
18 December 2018 - Aurora Expeditions Polar Pioneer 11 night Antarctica Expedition #306
30 March 2019 - RCI Ovation of the Seas 10 night New Zealand #7638 (JS)

29 December 2019 - RCI Voyager of the Seas 12 night South Pacific and Fiji NYE #9318 (JS)

Done
21 Dec 2017 - X Solstice New Zealand 12 night Christmas and NYE #6302 (balc)
12 July 2017 - RCI Brilliance of the Seas 12 night Mediterranean and Venice cruise #9003 (in)
22 Dec 2016 - RCI Explorer of the Seas 12 night South Pacific and Fiji Christmas and NYE #9692 (balc)
28 Dec 2015 - X Solstice 8 Night South Pacific New Year's Eve #1610 (aqua balc)
22 Aug 2015 - RCI Serenade of the Seas 8 night Norwegian Fjords #9240 (balc)
30 August 2015 - RCI Serenade of the Seas 16 night Scandinavia & Iceland Transatlantic #9240 (balc)
21 Dec 2014 - X Solstice 14 night Christmas & NYE New Zealand Cruise #6303 (balc)
1 Aug 2014 - X Millennium 7 night Alaska Northern Glaciers #1129 (in)
25 July 2014 - X Millennium 7 night Alaska Southern Glaciers #1129 (in)
20 Dec 2013 - RCI Radiance of the Seas 9 night South Pacific Christmas Cruise #1104 (balc)
17 Nov 2012 - X Summit 7 night Southern Caribbean - itinerary A #9038 (aqua balc)
10 Nov 2012 - X Summit 7 night Southern Caribbean - itinerary B #9038 (aqua balc)
17 Feb 2012 - X Century 18 Night Top of Australia Circumnavigation #1098 (conc balc)
24 De 2011 - X Century 13 night Sydney to Auckland Christmas & NYE #8083 (in)
4 Feb 2011 - X Xpedition 7 night Galapagos (10 night package) #306 (ov)
18 December 2010 - RCI Rhapsody of the Seas 9 Night South Pacific Christmas #8063 (in)
21 Dec 2009 - RCI Rhapsody of the Seas 17 Night Australia & New Zealand Christmas and NYE #3587 (in)
3 Oct 2008 - X Infinity 16 Night Eastbound Panama Canal #8003 (ov)
30 Oct 2006 - X Galaxy 11 night Eastern Mediterranean #5029 (in)
Auckland NZ
1,580 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by BrusselsGirl07
Hi Margo and Rosemary - yes, Celebrity is our line of choice, although we do like RCI as well. You are not automatically given membership of the Captains Club after you first sail, you have to complete a form and submit it, and after that you will receive a membership number in the mail, and you can log into the captains club area as a member and see you points etc. They had lots of forms on the ship in the future cruise sales area, so it is easy to fill the form in and hand it to the while on board, but I am sure you can get a form mailed to you if you call the Sydney office. Looking forward to being back on board in a few weeks!!! Yvette
Thank Yvette for letting me know about the form! Had no idea there was one on board. Perhaps Celebrity don't want to encourage new cruisers .

Instead of making an international toll call - us poor kiwis get hit hard with charges, I will ring the NZ agent and get them to sort it out!

Amy - loved your review. I have to concur with you on some of the negatives. Perhaps I should have said more in my review.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises

Majestic Princess - Auckland to Sydney (12 nights Club Class Mini Suite Accessible Cabin B433)
Majestic Princess - Sydney to NZ Return (13 nights Accessible Balcony Stateroom M110) New Year (B2B)
Past Cruises

Sun Princess - Auckland to Sydney (4 nights Inside Accessible Cabin C314) $100 more than flying so a no brainer!
April 2018 Sun Princess - South Pacific (12 nights Oceanview Accessible Stateroom D311) Leaving the house so we can have renovations done June 2017
Golden Princess - Australia / New Zealand BUT Auckland to Auckland (13 nights Balcony Accessible Stateroom C301) Christmas / New Year 2016 Cancelled by an excellent move over offer
Golden Princess - Australia / New Zealand (13 nights Interior Accessible Stateroom E716) Christmas / New Year 2015 (again!)
Celebrity Solstice - 3 Feb 2013 - had to cancel but an honorary Roll Call member until embarkation.
Celebrity Century - Australia/New Zealand (13 nights in an OceanView Accessible Stateroom 5061) Christmas/New Year 2011 - another wonderful cruise with a great bunch of CCer's

Diamond Princess - Australia/New Zealand (12 nights with a Balcony Accessible stateroom C302) Christmas/New Year 2010 (Fantastic thanks to the wonderful CCer's On board)
Fairstar - Sitmar - Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan back to Sydney (29 days) June 1989
Canberra, A.C.T.
420 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Patty, still need your address to send you the menus when you get a chance.
Rosemary, I sent you an email but just checked again when I read that you hadn't received it, and I left an r out of your address. Fixed now. Thanks again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

P&O - Fairstar
Karelya
P&O - Pacific Sun
P&O - Pacific Star
P&O - Pacific Pearl
P&O Pacific Jewel
P&O Pacific Explorer
NCL - Norwegian Star
Holland American Line - Volendam
Celebrity - Century
Royal Caribbean - Legend of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Voyager of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Mariner of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas
Royal Caribbean - Ovation of the Seas
Carnival Spirit
Canada
993 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
Thank Yvette for letting me know about the form! Had no idea there was one on board. Perhaps Celebrity don't want to encourage new cruisers .

Instead of making an international toll call - us poor kiwis get hit hard with charges, I will ring the NZ agent and get them to sort it out!

Amy - loved your review. I have to concur with you on some of the negatives. Perhaps I should have said more in my review.
Thanks Margo. Unfortunately I realized after the fact that I forgot to enter in some of the ratings (including my overall rating, geez). And cannot edit at this rate. Oh well.

I tend to be a bit critical at times hoping that someone from Celebrity actually reads the reviews. I had given the spa a lower rating but forgot to mention why. While I enjoyed the experience, both times they were not able to give me the times I wanted yet when I arrived I had to wait at least 15 minutes beyond my booking. Oh well, its over.

Our woolens that we purchased in Akaroa arrived yesterday. Lovely scarves and gloves and a nice cap for Larry. But as I am driving around wearing my brand new scarf I spent a lot of time picking little sheep and possum fibres out of my mouth and noise. Haha.

Off to get ready. Today is one of our granddaughter's first birthday parties.
Pego, Alicante, Spain
139 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Sorry to hear about Scott's camera. We can commiserate with him. As you are probably aware we lost our camera bag, containing video camera, digital camera, hearing aid, Spanish telephone, purse and documents. Patty's expertise on her mobile phone located it at the hotel at Sydney and it took the whole holiday to catch up with us. Even then our friend in Auckland had to download a Custom's form and take us to their offices by the docks and after receiving clearance we then had to go to the airport to the Courier Company to retrieve it. It was such a relief as the documents would be so difficult to replace, i.e. Spanish driving licence, residence permit, health card etc. being an expat of UK. Fortunately our passports were in a neck bag otherwise we would have been right up the creek!! Before sending the camera bag all the batteries had to be removed. I bought a battery for the digital camera in Kuala Lumpur, 119 Malaysian Ringits. The telephone battery seemed impossible to replace back in Spain, so I bought another cheapie telephone, 9 euros, and put the olf SIM card in it and it works fine.

It was a long flight back to UK, 23 hours with a wait at Kuala Lumpur of 3.5 hours. When we arrived at Heathrow, 4.50 a.m. our suitcase was minus a wheel and we had only bought in K.L. . Nevertheless we struggled on and went to a hotel for 4 hours sleep as our flight to Spain didn't leave until 5.45 p.m. Of course, without the telephone alarm, we overslept and missed the shuttle to Heathrow and the National Express coach to Gatwick Airport. Weren't we glad, eventually, to be back in Spain, after a journey of 46 hours in total. It is almost 2 weeks since we returned and have had only 2 days of rain. It has been brilliant. I hear the summer has arrived in N.Z. at last.

It was great meeting folk from "Down Under" but I guess we will never make the journey again. We enjoyed the cruise and the places we visited and now , with the new digital camera purchased in Burnie, I am busy making a video of our holiday. Thanks to all CC members. It is a great web site.

All these experiences haven't dampened our appetite for cruising and booked a Celebrity cruise round the Adriatic in October. This will be our 7th Celebrity Cruise and our 11th overall. After the Costa Concordia I expect a lot of folk will be put off cruising for a while. The incident is still uppermost on UK TV. It is oh so sad!

Apologies to those who already know about my camera bag but I guess there are those who do not. Happy cruising in the future!

Hi everyone, great to see that most of us have arrived safely back into the "reality" of everyday life - ho hum isn't it

We had a fairly long day in Auckland last Friday, getting off the beautiful Century at around 10AM, then shuttled to the Crowne Plaza where our "day room" beckoned!!! It was merely use of the Conference Room for the day until our bus departed for the airport at 3PM. Tea, coffee and some lame cookies were all that were provided! Didn't go down too well after what we had been used to! Needless to say we wandered around Auckland for a few hours made all the worse for seeing the Century in dock and all the new passengers arriving to embark!!! We did however manage to snag a few bargains at the Rugby World Cup shop on the dock.

Got to the airport around 3:30PM then had to fill in another 3 hours as flight wasn't until 6:40PM. It was Emirates A380 however in "cattle class" could have been any old airline. It was a bit of an anti climax after our fabulous 2 weeks on the Century. Arrived at Sydney Airport around 10PM then had to line up in Customs forever and do the Immigration thing etc. etc. Fortunately we had arranged to stay overnight at an airport hotel before embarking on the 3 hour drive home (via the parents of course!!!).

Thank you everyone for such a fabulous cruise, it was wonderful to meet so many of our fellow CC members and hopefully we can stay in touch. A huge thank you also to Margaret and Peter for your awesome organisation of our CC events - it certainly added to the overall enhancement of the trip. You did a fabulous job and it is much appreciated. Thank you also to Patty & Colin for organising the Cabin Crawl - it was fun.

The only sour note we had was the "loss" of Scott's Olympus camera which he received as an Xmas present. We were only aware of it after disembarking which didn't give me the chance to visit Guest Relations on board. I was hoping that it would turn up in somebody's suitcase but alas no. I have contacted Royal Carribean who have informed me that all "lost property" from our cruise will be offloaded in Sydney on the 18th so to ring them on the 19th. I was so hoping that I could contact one of the fabulous Officers we met on board to establish whether in fact that the camera happened to be in Lost Property (highly unlikely) however could only find Facebook profiles for 3 of them. Needless to say haven't heard anything back so am thinking it is a lost cause, most unfortunate.

To end up, I was fortunate enough to receive 2 sets of the restaurant menus, given to us by not only our waiter but also a neighbouring waiter! I didn't have the heart to tell our waiter that I already had a set as they seemed to be so proud of giving them to me and told me not to tell anyone! So, if anybody would like a set of menus please let me know and I will post them to you, doesn't matter where you live.

So, once again thanks to everyone for such a fabulous time, it's kind of hard being back now - it feels really flat.

Take care,

Rosemary, Robert, Jake, Andrew & Scott
Auckland NZ
1,580 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Thank you to everyone for you comments and help regarding joining the Captains Club.

Thanks to Patty who discovered Celebrity had 'fixed' the Captains Club page and it is now working and it is really easy to 'sign up'.

Go to https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/home.do

And there is a button on the left to join. Having cruised you will have your log on to My Celebrity and away you go. Once it is all done you will see your credits.

Drama over!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises

Past Cruises