What is left for me to do?

mitsugirly

We have done cavetubing several times, swam with the sharks and rays/Caye Caulker, Bannister Island (which I believe is now Starfish island) and went to Goffs Caye.

What is there left that we can do or do we have to repeat one of these things? We love anything with water and beaches. :D

MAYAN Ruins;p

Seriously, look into a boat trip (water) to Lamanai or even a short River Wallace trip to Altun Ha.

Take an NCL cruise to their resort "island" Harvest Caye, and head into Palcenia for snorkeling and beaches in that area.

MAYAN Ruins;p

Seriously, look into a boat trip (water) to Lamanai or even a short River Wallace trip to Altun Ha.

Take an NCL cruise to their resort "island" Harvest Caye, and head into Palcenia for snorkeling and beaches in that area.

I know I've said it before and I'm still sticking to my story...don't really have much interest in seeing the ruins. I just can't climb those things and wear out too easily and my knees are getting bad and pop/grind when going up steps. I have 0 interest in doing any of that and I'm about 99.9% sure that the hubby and Sakari wouldn't care for it either. All of us like the beaches and one of the main reasons we cruise. I'm sure I would never live it down if that's where I took them.

Also, we are cruising with Carnival this time around, so no NCL Harvest Caye.

I hear you on the ruins and climbing. Impressive but once you've seen a couple of sets it's a bit like touring medieval churches in Europe---see one seen 'em all. While the vistas are fantastic, DW is like you and she stayed on the ground. I wore my knee braces, but felt it later.

How about a day-in-port-stay-on-ship day? Maybe take a later tender to the Tourism Village and grab a bite at Wet Lizard, then dessert at the Chocolate shop and a quick jaunt out the gates to you right toward the lighthouse and snap some pix at the Belize sign.

Also the Belize Zoo tour could be of interest. It's more of a rehab type place where they treat injured and endangered animals native to Belize. It's along the highway toward the cave tubing area. Here's a link to their website. http://www.belizezoo.org/

I hear you on the ruins and climbing. Impressive but once you've seen a couple of sets it's a bit like touring medieval churches in Europe---see one seen 'em all. While the vistas are fantastic, DW is like you and she stayed on the ground. I wore my knee braces, but felt it later.

How about a day-in-port-stay-on-ship day? Maybe take a later tender to the Tourism Village and grab a bite at Wet Lizard, then dessert at the Chocolate shop and a quick jaunt out the gates to you right toward the lighthouse and snap some pix at the Belize sign.

Also the Belize Zoo tour could be of interest. It's more of a rehab type place where they treat injured and endangered animals native to Belize. It's along the highway toward the cave tubing area. Here's a link to their website. http://www.belizezoo.org/

Honestly, there's no way I would ever spend a day (or even half day) on the ship. I cruise for the ports and getting to experience the places we go to. There's plenty of days to experience the ship and honestly, I would be perfectly happy if there were never any sea days.

I'm also one that would never get off a ship just to go eat somewhere...no matter what the food. The ship has free food, so if I can eat a good breakfast prior to getting off the ship, I try not to eat while we are out and pay additional money for something I can get back on the ship for free (well, with the price of my cruise). :D

I'll check out the zoo/rehab place although I'm not sure that will satisfy my water/beach loving family. :)

There is a new area on Caye Caulker. "KokoKing"...It is on the north island across the split from the Lazy Lizard. We went last month. Nice beach and chairs..... Free if you have a few drinks or food.... Extra for the pool and beach beds.

More info here...http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2017/07/koko-king-north-caye-caulker-beach-club.html

IMG_4797-01.jpeg?resize=768%2C576.

IMG_4791-01.jpeg?resize=768%2C576

• 2 weeks later...
..... I cruise for the ports and getting to experience the places we go to. There's plenty of days to experience the ship and honestly, I would be perfectly happy if there were never any sea days. ......

We are just the opposite. :cool:Seen/done pretty much all we need to see/do on these ports.....I am STILL looking for a cruise that offers at least 75% sea days! They are much harder to find than cruises that have nearly all port days. I suppose we just like our cruise experience to include exposure to the ship and sea.....but I know we probably in the minority. Must be old age, but I much, much prefer the smaller ships over the "floating mega-hotels" with water slides, rock climbing, grass lawns, etc. There; rant over and I at least feel better. :o

I'm not sure which cruise line you're sailing with, but our last cruise with Carnival we signed up for a snorkeling excursion through the ship that went out to Rendezvous Cay. They separate the group into smaller groups of experienced, intermediate, and beginners which makes the groups small enough so that you can actually enjoy the experience. I would highly recommend it.

I'm not sure which cruise line you're sailing with, but our last cruise with Carnival we signed up for a snorkeling excursion through the ship that went out to Rendezvous Cay. They separate the group into smaller groups of experienced, intermediate, and beginners which makes the groups small enough so that you can actually enjoy the experience. I would highly recommend it.

THAT'S exactly where I would like to go. When I searched Carnival the other day (who we are selling with this time around) and it was not on there. I searched again and it's now on there...so this may be our option.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience. I have read that they separate the groups, depending on your experience, but I had read some bad reviews because they said there were so many people that they were too close together and were kicked and it was not an enjoyable experience because of that and the crowd. I'll have to go back and read some more.

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

We did Rendezvous Cay on ships tour because you don't need to tender, you get picked up at the boat. Pretty sure it was with Carnival (but could have been Princess). Split us up into 3 groups, we take our own gear, but it is included in tour. Advanced group went totally around the island, intermediate group about half way around the island and beginners did a small area I believe from the beach. We had time to snorkel or just hang out on beach when we were finished. I believe there was an opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks on the island.

DD has been to been to Belize 2 other times for a study abroad, doing reasearch on Hawksbill Turtles and they always take a day trip here.

We did Rendezvous Cay on ships tour because you don't need to tender, you get picked up at the boat. Pretty sure it was with Carnival (but could have been Princess). Split us up into 3 groups, we take our own gear, but it is included in tour. Advanced group went totally around the island, intermediate group about half way around the island and beginners did a small area I believe from the beach. We had time to snorkel or just hang out on beach when we were finished. I believe there was an opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks on the island.

DD has been to been to Belize 2 other times for a study abroad, doing reasearch on Hawksbill Turtles and they always take a day trip here.

That's awesome. When we did a tour to Starfish Island (back then it was Bannister Island), I believe that's what they did (picked you up directly from the ship). But I'm thinking our excursion to Goffs actually tendered you over to the port and then we got on a boat (if my memory serves me well...which it don't a lot lol). But that would be an added plus if they did pick us up at the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea of pricing for food/drinks here?

I have no advice for you, as we have only been to Belize once and went to Goff's Cay, but maybe you have some advice for us, since you have been to multiple sites.

We too are beach and snorkel people. But I am wondering if the Cave tubing is maybe worth doing? What was your take? I don't love long rides on buses for short excursions, but if it is really good - then maybe. Were there any annoyances like swarms of bugs or anything?

Thanks

Don

I have no advice for you, as we have only been to Belize once and went to Goff's Cay, but maybe you have some advice for us, since you have been to multiple sites.

We too are beach and snorkel people. But I am wondering if the Cave tubing is maybe worth doing? What was your take? I don't love long rides on buses for short excursions, but if it is really good - then maybe. Were there any annoyances like swarms of bugs or anything?

Thanks

Don

Cave tubing is definitely worth it to me. We had a lot of fun. We have done it twice (second time around because my oldest daughter came that time and I wanted her to experience it).

Even though it's a long ride, it's a very interesting ride for sure. The guides keep you busy with telling you very interesting information about their land, jokes and lots of laughter, then stopping at times to "try" fruits along the way.

The interesting things continue during the hike in the rain forest. There's A LOT of neat things they tell you about and things you do. It's definitely a different experience than anything else you have done before with an excursion and what Belize is known for.

I do have 2 reviews (in my signature line) where we did the cavetubing, which will give you an idea of what to expect. :)

No problems with bugs along the way either time we went.

Thanks very much for your opinion. We have plenty of time to decide, as we will not be in Belize until 2018. I think we will likely try the cave tubing. The experience does sound good - its just that you spend 5 and a half hours to experience 1 hour and 15 mins on the water actually tubing. We will have to decide if we think it is worth it.

Don

We have done cavetubing several times, swam with the sharks and rays/Caye Caulker, Bannister Island (which I believe is now Starfish island) and went to Goffs Caye.

What is there left that we can do or do we have to repeat one of these things? We love anything with water and beaches. :D

Totally understand you want a beach involved with as little travel time to get there as possible ...

BUT taking a sailing catamaran completely out to their Barrier Reef (2nd largest in the world) is so awesome. :D

Totally understand you want a beach involved with as little travel time to get there as possible ...

BUT taking a sailing catamaran completely out to their Barrier Reef (2nd largest in the world) is so awesome. :D

Tell me more about this. What company? What all do you get (like do they provide food/drinks) and is it to snorkel only? (We will have a non-swimmer/snorkeler with us this time around so not sure if that's something they would do or not. They will do a beach...as long as they don't have to get in the water. :')