Pigeon point beach taxi prices?

Rob1966

Hi,

We will be arriving Sunday 31st December 2017.

We would like to take a taxi to Pigeon point beach, would someone be kind enough to let me know the current prices please? and also whether there will be plenty of taxis available on this day?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

We will be arriving Sunday 31st December 2017.

We would like to take a taxi to Pigeon point beach, would someone be kind enough to let me know the current prices please? and also whether there will be plenty of taxis available on this day?

thanks

I have just been quoted 50USD for 2 people - hope this helps.

Yes, plenty of taxis are available at the port. We hired our taxi roundtrip, and the price was per car. We enjoyed that beach. It's worth the drive and cost, although I don't remember what we paid. I believe we paid a small admission fee to enter the beach (maybe $3). It was worth it since there are facilities there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for the late reply. The price is for a round trip however I certainly wont be going with the guy who has given this price as he has put a time limit on the tour! 25 minutes from the port to Pigeon Point, 25 minutes for return and a total of 2hrs 30 minutes for the entire trip - so not very long at the beach! Think we will grab a taxi when we dock and maybe join other people!! Not impressed.

Hi PJules do you recall the cost of your return taxi trip? I have been quoted as $30 USD on top of our tour which is 20USD per person to the Reef, Nylon Pool and finishing on Pigeon Point for a couple of hours. However this could well be a shared taxi/minibus.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi PJules do you recall the cost of your return taxi trip? I have been quoted as $30 USD on top of our tour which is 20USD per person to the Reef, Nylon Pool and finishing on Pigeon Point for a couple of hours. However this could well be a shared taxi/minibus.

Sorry I do not recall the cost of the taxi. What I do remember is that we pre-arranged a pick up time. Also, we paid $20 pp for the boat trip out to the nylon pools. That was the going rate the day we were there. There were many people on the beach selling the tour, and everyone had the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a great trip to Tobago. This time we took a "route taxi" from Scarborough to Store Bay where we arranged a Glass Bottom boat tour. The route taxis charge 8TT/person but we gave the driver $10 for 4 of us. Since the seas were rough that day, we were driven to Pigeon Point to catch the boat and returned there where the route taxis don't go. So, we had to pay $25 to get back to the ship--many taxis wanted $50 one way. The route taxis are also called per person taxis and the one we found was waiting in front of the port but outside the port fence--there are some sort of lanes where taxis line up. You might have to talk to a few to find a reasonable one. There is no need to make arrangements in advance, just make sure you have an understanding with the driver.

All of the local residents we met were trying really hardt to make tourists feel safe and welcome.

PS: I think it was a slow day due to active seas so we paid $15 each for the Glass Bottom Boat/Nylon Pool tour.

If you have a short port day, I'm not sure you would have time. The tours are usually about 2 1/2 hours long. The first one leaves around 11 or 11:30 am. Not sure when the second leaves but it is either 2 or 3 pm. If it is 3, i would definitely not risk it.