Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

We had an awesome time on the Courtney Taylor day trip. Our guide "Wild Man or Party Guy" met us promptly at the agreed time. He not only drove us, but he was an excellent tour guide, explaining Jamaica's history. We went to the Blue Hole, Tubing on the White River, and Dunns River Falls. The Blue Hole was by far the most amazing, adventurous, beautiful part of our excursion. Cliff Diving at The Blue Hole is awesome. River Tubing was OK - nothing great. More relaxing than the other two stops. We wish we'd have known you didn't need the guided tour at Dunns River Falls. It''s much more fun climbing on your own instead of part of a group of 20 people herding up the falls. Overall Courtney provided a safe, informative, adventurous tour - exactly what we were looking for.

• 1 month later...
We had an awesome time on the Courtney Taylor day trip. Our guide "Wild Man or Party Guy" met us promptly at the agreed time. He not only drove us, but he was an excellent tour guide, explaining Jamaica's history. We went to the Blue Hole, Tubing on the White River, and Dunns River Falls. The Blue Hole was by far the most amazing, adventurous, beautiful part of our excursion. Cliff Diving at The Blue Hole is awesome. River Tubing was OK - nothing great. More relaxing than the other two stops. We wish we'd have known you didn't need the guided tour at Dunns River Falls. It''s much more fun climbing on your own instead of part of a group of 20 people herding up the falls. Overall Courtney provided a safe, informative, adventurous tour - exactly what we were looking for.

Yes you can go it alone at the Dunn's River but it is always recommended to get a guide if it's your first climb as some parts can be challenging.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My family and I are planning to use Courtney Taylor for our upcoming cruise next week. We are gonna book river tubing and it is $25 per person. I'd like to know if this cost is just for the fee to courtney or also for the excursion itself. Im unsure how it worked for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a party of 8 and booked Courtney Taylortours www.courtneytaylortours.com when on the Allure in Oct of 2017. Weended up staying at blue hole so long we had to cut out our beachtrip. We were also trying to get back toport because one of the ladies in our party had been promised some jewelry, sowe were happy to cut the beach trip out for the cause. 😊 We ended up at blue hole, shopping at Ochos Rios, eating atSchocies, and of course enjoying the country side as we drove around. We docked at Falmouth so things were a bit ofa drive. Good tour we would recommend them and we all had a great time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
My family and I are planning to use Courtney Taylor for our upcoming cruise next week. We are gonna book river tubing and it is $25 per person. I'd like to know if this cost is just for the fee to courtney or also for the excursion itself. Im unsure how it worked for everyone.

The $25 is towards the tubing excursion and not for Courtney Tours, they recommend and transport you to the highlights but each attraction gets it's fees separately.

We had a party of 8,they charged us $35 per person to drive us around and we paid the entrance fees on our own. We went to blue hole and that was $15 per person so the $25 is probably just the fee for the tubing place. They were very fast with reply's via email, we typically only waited a few hours to get an email back from them.

Finding them when we got to port was a bit of a trick, most bigger tours gather on the left side as you come from the shopping area, they were far right in the normal car/van parking area.

The tour company keep a close eye on us at all time but I never felt unsafe. I was in a big group of 8 with 4 of those being rather large men. :)

I would recommend using just a bit more causation than you might already use when traveling. Stuff like be careful pulling out your cash. My husband has a throw a way wallet that he keeps, and has never needed to us, that has a little bit of cash and some expired credit cards. Any would be robber would think they got a little something should we get mugged.

Mostly we found that there were a lot of people that wanted to be helpful at the various places such as the blue hole in hopes of getting tipped. Which worked on us because I had a big spill on some slippery rocks a few years ago, so I'm very appreciative of anyone helping me not face plant again on rocks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This cost is just for the tubing excursion ;)

• 1 month later...

Been to Dunn's River Falls and want to try a next attraction with these guys check our Konoko Falls. It's laid back and the kids loved it, mostly because of it's mini zoo featuring Birds, snake, Crocodiles along with all kinds of plants plus a river running through the garden with a waterfalls at the end makes it a pleasant surroundings.

I was on a tour with Courtney Taylor last week. We had a relatively large group, and paid $35 each. It included admission to Blue Hole, but food and drinks were on us.

They drove up Fern Gully, which was gorgeous. I would have liked to stop there and maybe do some walking or hiking through the rain forest, but wouldn't consider it without a guide.

We had Jamaican patties (yum!), and stopped at a few places to shop.

Also did Scotchies for lunch...get the ribs if they're available!

If you're offended by the cannabis culture, let them know, and they'll refrain from bringing it up. On the other hand, if you'd like education about the Jamaican laws, etc, I'm sure they could get the info for you.

Courtney was polite, professional and friendly. And Kimaya, the tour guide, was bubbly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable about Jamaican culture.

I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I was on a tour with Courtney Taylor last week. We had a relatively large group, and paid $35 each. It included admission to Blue Hole, but food and drinks were on us.

They drove up Fern Gully, which was gorgeous. I would have liked to stop there and maybe do some walking or hiking through the rain forest, but wouldn't consider it without a guide.

If you're offended by the cannabis culture, let them know, and they'll refrain from bringing it up. On the other hand, if you'd like education about the Jamaican laws, etc, I'm sure they could get the info for you.

Courtney was polite, professional and friendly. And Kimaya, the tour guide, was bubbly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable about Jamaican culture.

Great review Donna and you got to try the Jamaican Beef patty;p;p... I think ribs are only served on a Wednesday at Scotches

• 1 month later...

There is part of the Fern Gully that you can stop to take pictures but not hike. I wouldn't recommend with all the high speed traffic

• 1 month later...
We had a party of 8,they charged us $35 per person to drive us around and we paid the entrance fees on our own. We went to blue hole and that was $15 per person so the $25 is probably just the fee for the tubing place. They were very fast with reply's via email, we typically only waited a few hours to get an email back from them.

Finding them when we got to port was a bit of a trick, most bigger tours gather on the left side as you come from the shopping area, they were far right in the normal car/van parking area.

I think this issue is in Falmouth, as this is a much bigger port. But yes, the independent operators are located to the right of the port in a parking lot under a white tent.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 3:56 PM, strobellayjam said:

Did anyone have issues getting in touch with Courtney Taylor tours? I contacted them last week with a request for information and pricing and have yet to hear anything from them.

Have you tried emailing them also from the website?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have travelled to Jamaica several times over the years with friends.  Every trip, whether by cruise or all-inclusive, we have used Courtney Taylor Tours.  They have always been very friendly, prompt and informative.  They will take us pretty much wherever we ask, but they also have a lot of good ideas to help you decide.  This last trip, January 2019, we had Courtney himself drive us with an additional guide, Samantha.  They made the trip seem as if we were just hanging out with friends.  He took us all the way into the Blue Mountains to get some VERY FRESH coffee and to see how it is grown and processed.  We wanted to also make a trip to Scotchie's to eat on another day, but weren't quite sure what else to do.  Courtney recommended going to a place called Luminous Lagoon.  This was a very interesting place, apparently only three places in the world can you see this.  Thank you Courtney and Samantha for a great time!  We'll see you next time.  If you are considering hiring Courtney, do it.  You won't regret it.

20190109_192101.jpg