Blue Kay

pathi

Just got back from Blue Kay and had a great time. Just like the other posters said, $2pp cab ride from the port. (I wish you could get a cab inside the gates as it was a little bit of a hike to the cab station with a toddler). I️t was pretty dirty and bumpy outside the gates.

Cab driver dropped us off right at the office for Blue Kay. Nobody said anything to us so we just walked through and found some Loungers under a tree by the beach. I️t was pretty early when we got there. After a while a waiter came over and told us I️t was $7pp which included a wrist band, 1 drink and a cushion for the loungers. Not a bad deal. We ordered lunch there later as well. Wanted to walk down the strip a bit but I️t started to rain in the afternoon and we decided to just head back to the ship.

The only real problem we encountered was getting back to the ship. There were no cabs at Blue Kay. One of the waiters told us we needed to head farther down the beach to get one. (We didn’t really want to do this in the rain). A lady at a desk at the entrance tried to call for one but no one answered. Finally the waiter went out to the main street and flagged one down for us. $2pp back to the ship and they drop you off inside the gates this time which was nice. If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a choice of drink? Do you have to pay $7 upfront or roll into tab?

Is there a choice of drink? Do you have to pay $7 upfront or roll into tab?

I think we could have ordered anything for the drink. We ordered beers but he mentioned Marguarita’s etc. Not sure on rolling the tab. We just paid I️t but I think they would want you to pay I t up front to get the band.

Just got back from Blue Kay and had a great time. Just like the other posters said, $2pp cab ride from the port. (I wish you could get a cab inside the gates as it was a little bit of a hike to the cab station with a toddler). I️t was pretty dirty and bumpy outside the gates.

Cab driver dropped us off right at the office for Blue Kay. Nobody said anything to us so we just walked through and found some Loungers under a tree by the beach. I️t was pretty early when we got there. After a while a waiter came over and told us I️t was $7pp which included a wrist band, 1 drink and a cushion for the loungers. Not a bad deal. We ordered lunch there later as well. Wanted to walk down the strip a bit but I️t started to rain in the afternoon and we decided to just head back to the ship.

The only real problem we encountered was getting back to the ship. There were no cabs at Blue Kay. One of the waiters told us we needed to head farther down the beach to get one. (We didn’t really want to do this in the rain). A lady at a desk at the entrance tried to call for one but no one answered. Finally the waiter went out to the main street and flagged one down for us. $2pp back to the ship and they drop you off inside the gates this time which was nice. If you have any questions let me know.

Good to know. We are planning to head there since Maya Chan is booked. We are hoping it isn't too busy because there are a lot more people in port than originally thought due to the closing of some of the eastern caribbean ports. I did email them for a reservation but waiting to hear back.

Good to know. We are planning to head there since Maya Chan is booked. We are hoping it isn't too busy because there are a lot more people in port than originally thought due to the closing of some of the eastern caribbean ports. I did email them for a reservation but waiting to hear back.

None of the ports were too busy when we went last week. (We had an itinerary change also). Surprisingly even in Cozumel there were only 2 ships in port when we were there.

There were 3 ships in Costa Maya when were were there, the beach was busy but not crowded at Blue Kay.

How do you find out how many ships will be in a certain port on any given day? It seems like some know in advance if it will be crowded or not. Also, I have emailed Blue Kay with no response so I am going by what I have read and will just go there and hope for the best. Really enjoy all of your posts, learning a lot.

How do you find out how many ships will be in a certain port on any given day? It seems like some know in advance if it will be crowded or not. Also, I have emailed Blue Kay with no response so I am going by what I have read and will just go there and hope for the best. Really enjoy all of your posts, learning a lot.

I also haven't heard back from them and sent an email and a FB message. I know their english is limited so we will just be showing up.

I think you can go to this link and search by port and then click on your ship/month. http://m.cruisett.com/p/

None of the sites that show the number of ships are 100% accurate especially at the moment with a lot of ships going to Cozumel and Costa Maya after having been displaced from some of the hurricane hit itineraries. However, Sea Scanner is generally quite good if you go to your itinerary and click on each port.

Thank you! I checked cruisett.com and it had our ports out of order. Thought it was strange so I went to Sea Scanner and they agreed with my itinerary from Royal Caribbean. We leave Sunday 19th on Liberty of the Seas. I did think though it was strange that we go to Costa Maya first, then Roatan and then Cozumel but that is correct. There are so many sites to look at, now I have two new ones!

I just got this response back:

Hi Summer!We have bracelets available for total access to our beach club, these have a cost of 200 pesos per person, the same 200 pesos are returned to you in consumption in our restaurant. Includes tables, chairs, lounge chairs, hammocks and palapas. For how many people would the package be?

I guess this means we pay 200 pesos and then we get a credit for that at the restaurant?? Anyone understand what that means?

Just to followup. We went to Blue Kay while in Costa Maya. As several folks mentioned taxi was 2$ PP. WE just walked in and found loungers. Waiter came around and explained pricing. For 30$ pp they had a wrist band that was all you can drink. Loungers had pads on them. Water was PERFECT! Had a really good time. My wife and I had some good taco for lunch. I think it was 10$ for both.

The wrist band covered return taxi also. We simply walked a short distance to the taxi stand. (Just past the pool)

Just to followup. We went to Blue Kay while in Costa Maya. As several folks mentioned taxi was 2$ PP. WE just walked in and found loungers. Waiter came around and explained pricing. For 30$ pp they had a wrist band that was all you can drink. Loungers had pads on them. Water was PERFECT! Had a really good time. My wife and I had some good taco for lunch. I think it was 10$ for both.

The wrist band covered return taxi also. We simply walked a short distance to the taxi stand. (Just past the pool)

Wow, yet another pricing option! I am beginning to think they make it up on the fly.

We were planning to go there next month but I am having second thoughts. Thanks for the report and glad you enjoyed your day.

Just left there still in port and it was 7.00 for chair drink and chair pad wouldn’t do it again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any particular reason? Looks like you are doing the Liberty like us although we are thinking of doing it during a short stop on the Vision.

First time there we are used to mr Sanchez in Cozumel I thought it would have been like that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sorry you were disappointed but I am not sure how much research you did in advance to make you think that? Sanchez is a well-established, commercialized beach bar with extra activities and several pools, lots of staff serving AI and PAYG sides. Blue Kay is a small, newly-acquired beach bar with rustic lodging. I haven’t been to either YET but I wouldn’t expect them to be anything like similar - it is like comparing apples to oranges. My only problem with whether we decide to try Blue Kay is their random pricing policies.

Costa Maya and Cozumel in general are totally different:

Cozumel is a tourist island with numerous individual beach clubs (both well-developed and rustic), resort hotels and a reasonable sized town.

Costa Maya has a man-made, commercial port area and a rebuilt, tourist fishing village with various bars that run into one another along the length of the malecon (except for a couple of AI out of town). None of the bars in Costa Maya have large swimming pools.

We just returned from there. I'm working on my pictures to start my new review. I will post back here once I'm done.

It has changed a lot since the last time we went there a few years ago. Still just as beautiful as ever and we had an amazing day there. Snorkeling was pretty good too...just like last time. We seen so many stingrays, squid and so on. :)

BeachChica: We will be traveling with a toddler (2 year old) this summer. Do you have any suggestions to make it easier? Anything you especially liked or would do different? Thanks!

Wineandbeach - we always travel with our daughter. She's 3 1/2 now but this was her 4th cruise. She loves the beach. The water is nice there and it stays shallow for a bit. Definitely pack beach toys and bring a stroller. She's a picky eater so I just made her a PB&J from the ship and bring water for her. Let me know if you have any questions about this port or any of the others. You can PM me also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Price variations continue... We were there last week, and Irene charged us $15 per adult ($0 for our 7 year old). The $15 included two drinks, which we would have ordered anyway.

We had an amazing time, so all was good!