What is left for me to do?

mitsugirly

You guys should go on and get your Open Water Diving Certification. Then, the next time you cruise to Belize you can book a diving excursion through the cruise line. This is great since the Dive Company will pick you up right from the ship and you don't have to tender! I just found out this is being offered again and I'm super excited about it.

Per Carnival" "The Turneffe Atoll , is one of the most spectacular and most popular dive sites that Belize has to offer, it is the largest of 3 atolls. This two-tank dive will place you along coral caverns, huge coral formations and some of the most diverse sea life you will ever see. This trip is perfect for beginner or advanced divers. You will marvel at the clarity of the water and the sheer number of corals".

I want it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update, since this thread was brought back up for suggestions and we already took our cruise a few months ago, we ended up going to Rendezvous Caye and WOW!!!!!!! It was an amazing day with some amazing snorkeling. Like super awesome. I liked this place more than Goffs (but would still go back to Goffs if given the opportunity) simply for the fact that there were more trees and plenty of shade with HUGE palapa's with chairs and tables. But the snorkeling...just wow. We seen so many things that day and we got to hold a lot as well (even though we snorkel and scuba all the time and have seen most of these things, it is still a lot of fun to see them again).

If anyone is interested in our trip to Rendezvous...you can find it HERE <--- click. Give the page time to load and it will drop you off right at the beginning of the review for Rendezvous. There's TONS of pictures!!!

Many of you have been to Goff's Caye: we are considering this with Island Marketing LTD since it's only $40 pp. What are the pros and cons of Goff's Caye?

Would also love to hear more about the pros and cons of Goff's Caye.

We loved Goffs and the water was amazingly clear with great snorkeling. The only draw back is 1) the distance 2) not much shade 3) no chairs. However, for water people like my family...none of this bothers me (us). The beach is beautiful and so is the water.

Check out my review HERE <----click and there's tons of pictures.

My only regret is that I didn't take the actual snorkel tour (they take you out on a boat, drop you off on the other side of the island and you snorkel all around to the other side). I only didn't go because I wasn't 100% sure of my daughters ability to swim that long of a distance at her age back then. I would definitely do it the next time around!

Mitsugirly, thanks for your detailed review of Rendezvous Caye. I switched us from the Sharks and Rays excursion to this one after I read your last review. It looks like a much better fit for our family.

If you ever go back...sharks and rays are awesome too! :D I mean how often do you get to swim with sharks? (Nurse sharks of course, but still...you can tell all your friends you swam with sharks in the ocean :o :') ;p)

• 2 months later...

If you’re on NCL and go to Harvest Key, take the ferry to Placentia and go out with Splash Dive. They are the best for an awesome fun, beautiful day of snorkeling or diving. The coral reef was amazing, like a garden of many colorful fish and coral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a new area on Caye Caulker. "KokoKing"...It is on the north island across the split from the Lazy Lizard. We went last month. Nice beach and chairs..... Free if you have a few drinks or food.... Extra for the pool and beach beds.

More info here...http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2017/07/koko-king-north-caye-caulker-beach-club.html

IMG_4797-01.jpeg?resize=768%2C576.

IMG_4791-01.jpeg?resize=768%2C576

So Wade, how do you get there?

If you’re on NCL and go to Harvest Key, take the ferry to Placentia and go out with Splash Dive. They are the best for an awesome fun, beautiful day of snorkeling or diving. The coral reef was amazing, like a garden of many colorful fish and coral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Placencia is 20 miles from the reef, AC and CC are better ideas.