Recommendations for Italian restaurant in Fort Lauderdale?

FionaMG

Looking for suggestions for an Italian eatery with a friendly atmosphere, good food and sensible prices within normal taxi/water taxi distance of Best Western Oceanside, please.

Gourmet and sophisticated aren't our thing.

I did look on the restaurant sticky at the top of the board but there's nothing recent about Italian places.

Thanks in advance.

Fiona. :)

Looking for suggestions for an Italian eatery with a friendly atmosphere, good food and sensible prices within normal taxi/water taxi distance of Best Western Oceanside, please.

Gourmet and sophisticated aren't our thing.

I did look on the restaurant sticky at the top of the board but there's nothing recent about Italian places.

Thanks in advance.

Fiona. :)

Bravo Restaurant on 17th by the Boatyard and Renaissance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louie Bossi’s on Las Olas Blvd is wonderful. The prices are reasonable, the food is great, and a great place to people watch. The place is usually packed and noisy but my family and I simply love the place. The squid ink pasta with shrimp is great along with every bread they bake. If you are a large group make reservations in advance. On a Friday night in October we waited approximately forty five minutes for a table for two around 9:00PM. They make great drinks and they also have an extensive wine list. The place is so busy that they opened a second location in Boca Raton.

By far Louie Bossi. Make sure you make reservations and ask for a seat in the piazza.

Louie Bossi's, shown up early, great pizza.

Thanks for the advice. I think we will definitely have to try this one! :D

Louie Bossi's is better than Bravo. But both are good options. That said, I'd pick Cafe Martorano. It's just behind Bokamper's so you would take the water taxi to the Bokampers spot. Martorano is an institution - he's been on lots of TV shows and what not, too. This is the original location. He's since opened one up in Vegas and Atlantic City. I'd check the menu's, reviews, pictures, etc of a few spots and see which is for you :)

Louie Bossi's is better than Bravo. But both are good options. That said, I'd pick Cafe Martorano. It's just behind Bokamper's so you would take the water taxi to the Bokampers spot. Martorano is an institution - he's been on lots of TV shows and what not, too. This is the original location. He's since opened one up in Vegas and Atlantic City. I'd check the menu's, reviews, pictures, etc of a few spots and see which is for you :)

We ate in Mortorano's for years until Steve switched out the movies for his own infomercials during service.

We loved the one in Fort Lauderdale so much, we had a big group dine at the one in Vegas while it was still at The Rio. Because we had 22 people, we had to order price fix which was fine, but it was a disaster.

I don't think we've been back to Cafe Martorano since half his staff left to open Solitas where Louie Bossi is now.

Need to go back, sure do miss the old Cafe Martorano!

Just kind of the nature of the restaurant business. I've found it to still be exceptional. If I were visiting Fort Lauderdale and wanted to check out a unique restaurant that is local and well known - I'd go to Martorano's. Bossi's is maybe a good choice, too :) But I wouldn't go to Bravo unless it was more convenient and I didn't really care about going to "the" place. When I visit cities, I want to check out the real hot spots, personally.