Seaside - Trouble booking an AFT condo suite S3

Carolina Girl 99

Really want to book one of those aft condo suites (even without knowing room layout) and I have found a few sailings that have one available. The trouble is that we're a party of 3 and when I click on Suite + Aurea, it shows me only the deck 9 suites as available to book. If I change the number of guests to 4, then 1 aft suite shows up for deck 15. Is this a website glitch, or do you have to have at least 4 guests to book one of those cabins? Seems silly, as what if a couple wanted to book it, MSC wouldn't let them?

Also, I clicked through a few different sailings and found only that one particular cabin available (#15236), can't find any others on different decks. Would it seem that deck 15 starboard is undesirable and that's why no one is booking it? Thanks for any insight!

We are a group of 3 and booked an aft suite on deck 10. Try different online booking agencies or call directly. I would think the highest and lowest aft suites would be the least popular (but probably a lot better than an aurea suite on the side deck 9). Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Why do you say "a lot" better? I haven't found any aft suites available on the dates I was looking at, and I was thinking perhaps I might settle for one of the sides (the balcony does look bigger)l

Do you know something else?

We are a group of 3 and booked an aft suite on deck 10. Try different online booking agencies or call directly. I would think the highest and lowest aft suites would be the least popular (but probably a lot better than an aurea suite on the side deck 9). Good luck!

Thanks for verifying that 3 CAN book an aft S3 suite. After revisiting the MSC website, I found out there are actually 7 cabins (every deck except 9 & 13) available on the sailing I'm interested in. Having my TA call them up today

I have found MSC will only slowly release cabins to bookings that are less than the cabin capacity. They often get released to smaller party bookings only after final payment and the sail date approaches. I have heard that friendly PVC's can override this booking system design, but I think that is also why MSC seems to have a higher than normal number of complaints about being bumped from a booked cabin.

Why do you say "a lot" better? I haven't found any aft suites available on the dates I was looking at, and I was thinking perhaps I might settle for one of the sides (the balcony does look bigger)l

The S3 suites are the same price whether you book a side or an aft. If you have ever been on any of NCL's "away class" ships it would be comparable to the difference between a B6 (large balcony side cabin) and an H6 (aft wrap balcony which is huge) and NCL gets a premium price for those H6's. So I think what Bluefish was saying is that even the most un-desirable aft would be preferable to the side in terms of size.

And I was only able to see available afts when I tried to book with 4 passengers. It only shows the side suites on deck 9 with only 3. You might try doing a search again. YMMV

Just that both the cabin and the balcony are bigger on the aft suites. But there are only 14 and they will undoubtedly be booked quickly.

So if no afts available for your dates, I still think the Aurea S3 suites on the side are nice. I like the Aurea benefits. But I would keep looking for an aft to come available to switch into, especially around final payment time.

Just that both the cabin and the balcony are bigger on the aft suites. But there are only 14 and they will undoubtedly be booked quickly.

So if no afts available for your dates, I still think the Aurea S3 suites on the side are nice. I like the Aurea benefits. But I would keep looking for an aft to come available to switch into, especially around final payment time.

When I look at the deck plans in the brochure I have (which is quite old), it appeared to me that that side S3 suite balconies were larger.

My real choice is the YC. But, who knows, if the reviews for the Aurea suites come back good, we might save a few dollars and book one of them. We were on Divina and were in the YC and hardly ever left. However, on Seaside there seems like there's gonna be more to do and to see so perhaps.......

We booked one of the aft suites last week for our 11/2018 cruise as a party of four. My parents called MSC directly yesterday and were able to book the other aft suite on our floor as a party of 2. Should I be concerned about MSC moving them?

We booked one of the aft suites last week for our 11/2018 cruise as a party of four. My parents called MSC directly yesterday and were able to book the other aft suite on our floor as a party of 2. Should I be concerned about MSC moving them?

I can only tell you that when we recently booked Seaside with 4 (boy and girl as pax 3 and 4) they wouldn't let us book room for 5 in YC so they could have separate beds. TA said she could book us but run risk of getting moved by MSC. TA said MSC the worst she deals with as far as people getting moved even for connecting rooms.

What suites are you all talking about.:confused:

The Aurea aft suites? Are they only available for more than 2 people?

The Aurea aft suites will not show up as an option for fewer than 4 passengers. They will let you book them if you call, but they warn you that you may be moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Aurea aft suites will not show up as an option for fewer than 4 passengers. They will let you book them if you call, but they warn you that you may be moved.

If you read the brochures that applies to any cabin!

Mafig ... I had a look earlier on the UK site for October next near for 4 in an Aft Aurea Suite and one came up, it also said 3rd bed is bunk bed.

I then changed it to 2 people and it only gave the side Aurea suite.

Unusually for the UK it also included OBC.

Is this something new? I have two bookings for 2018 on the Seaside in an aft suite for 2. I booked them when bookings first opened. No one ever said anything about being bumped. Then again, I’ve been bumped before out of balconies without any reason.

Is this something new? I have two bookings for 2018 on the Seaside in an aft suite for 2. I booked them when bookings first opened. No one ever said anything about being bumped. Then again, I’ve been bumped before out of balconies without any reason.

Yes it can and will happen. We had 3 booked in an Aurea suite for 5 and they did it. My TA fought for 2 weeks and finally got my room back. Many are not as lucky. I would frequently check your booking.

What did they move you to?

They gave me Guarantee which is BS. We have a center grand suite in the front that is 2 bedroom. Then once I discovered it tried to give me a spa suite as a “upgrade”. We fought to get my room as I had booked it a year ago.