Taking our granddaughter on the Escape

JimS4210

We're sailing on the Escape in two weeks and we're taking our seven year old granddaughter with us. She has a passport and we already printed out the NCL consent form for sailing with a minor without parents. We'll get to a notary sometime next week to have it signed by both parents and notarized. I'll have a copy of her insurance in case of an accident (Knock on wood, that won't be needed!)

My question is this: Am I missing something? Do I need to bring a copy of her birth certificate or will her passport be enough? I don't want to get to the port and encounter any problems. I'll call NCL next week for an answer but just curious what others experiences have been. Thanks!

Jim

passport is all she needs, the birth certificate is useless when you have the passport.

This is incorrect.

You must have a consent form signed by both legal parents. If the child is not the natural child of the legal parents, you should have documentation substantiating that the people signing for the child have legal custody of the child. (Especially if the child's surname does not match one or both parents).

You must have photocopies of the driver licenses of both of the parents.

The form does not really have a space for notarization, but you can do that to substantiate that both parents have signed it with legal identification.

The insurance information on the child (or yourself) is "interesting" but is not honored by the ship and most foreign doctors. You will have to pay cash and file a claim when you are home.

Took my 7 yo granddaughter on Escape in August. Passport and NCL form needed I did get it notarized just in case. Don’t forget the copies of her parents drivers licenses Sign her up for splash academy the first day so she can meet the other kids. My granddaughter loved it !