Silversea Couture Collection

Silver Spectre

Returned home this week and found a large glossy book and brochure extolling the virtues of Silversea's move into luxury based land travel.

Ranging from a 7 night £11,000 per person trip to Namibia and the Rovos rail, and linked optionally to a couple of Cape Town cruises (one Spirit and one Cloud) to a mind blowing £62,500 per person trip to the White Desert and the South Pole.

There are 9 trips in this brochure and more to come.

Anyone else out there received this and if so what are your thoughts.

Good Morning Silver Spectre - hope you are both well and still enjoying your Bridge.

We have also received the Coffee Table Tome and whilst the Photography is excellent I cannot personally see why Silversea have gone to the considerable expense of producing it ( unless the contract was placed with a one of Manfredis relatives ? ).

With all the Issues that Silversea have at the moment I feel that there should be more focus at the top to deliver what is advertised rather than move into new areas of so called excellence. In any event I would be surprised if many Guests will sign up for these Packages at the Prices quoted - there are plenty of alternatives out there at the level stated.

This was rolled out while we were aboard on the Muse in October. I found it interesting that the book was done in Tiffany blue. Subtle? I think not.

It was explained to me that many Silversea pax are looking for a new adventure which is unique and "bespoke" and the couture collection will provide that and more. Also, the prices will make it very exclusive, it's not " for everyone".

An understatement.

It is a lovely coffee table book. Our daughter works with publishing and is always impressed with the quality of SS’s bound propaganda. I do wonder which relative benefits from the printing and binding contract.

Good for ‘dreaming’, but not much likelihood of us ever partaking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good Morning Silver Spectre - hope you are both well and still enjoying your Bridge.

We have also received the Coffee Table Tome and whilst the Photography is excellent I cannot personally see why Silversea have gone to the considerable expense of producing it ( unless the contract was placed with a one of Manfredis relatives ? ).

With all the Issues that Silversea have at the moment I feel that there should be more focus at the top to deliver what is advertised rather than move into new areas of so called excellence. In any event I would be surprised if many Guests will sign up for these Packages at the Prices quoted - there are plenty of alternatives out there at the level stated.

Hi Mayflower.You saved me posting!Agree with all your comments.Sure you don’t fancy joining us on the £62,000 pp trip to the South Pole ? Should be quiet by the pool if we go out of school holiday period.Hope you are both well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning Brimary - £62000 pp would be a small price to pay to have your company on board but regrettably our days in Inflatables are long gone !!!!!

I was fairly sure that you would not be one of the first to grab this latest Silversea expedition into the ' Luxury ' Market but maybe there are ' Horses for Courses ' out there ????. Some of the offerings do not appear that special for the money asked in my opinion.

We are both well and looking forward to 2018 and the ' Stretched ' Spirit - lets hope that the work goes rather better than the Cloud !!!!! - what a shambles and for those poor souls affected, not really evidence that at present Silversea have any real idea of what ' Luxury ' means.

We wish you both well and hope to catch up again soon.