Please! One last try for info on Jordan!!!

zwho

I can not seem to get a definitive answer (even from the cruise company) about a VISA in Jordan. I want very much to visit Petra, but because of time constraints and my own need for control, I would like to not take an organized tour. Will the ship, MSC Lirica cover me with a temporary ships visa, like in Oman and Dubai, or am I on my own? Even the cruise line will not give me a yes or no answer!!!! Yours truly, Frustrated Mary

Hi, Mary,

We had to do nothing when our ships (different cruise lines) visited Aqaba.

Probably the same applies to you / MSC.

But, if necessary, visitors of most nationalities, incl UK, US, Canada, Aus, etc, can obtain a visa on arrival.

So no need to worry :)

http://international.visitjordan.com/generalinformation/entryintojordan.aspx

(chat facility on that website if you want to double-check)

JB :)

Did you actually log into your MSC booking to find out the correct information?

We are shortly to embark on an MSC cruise which calls into Jordan. When I log into my booking there is a section about visas, with a link to click to more detailed visa information.

This is what it says on their site:

Information concerning Jordan (Aqaba) :

All in-transit cruise passengers in transit will get entry stamp upon arrival to Aqaba, no specific Visa required.

I have only visited Jordan by plane, but a quick visa was all organised at immigration control upon landing, so depending what country your passport is from you most likely won't need a visa beforehand.

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, zwho said:

I can not seem to get a definitive answer (even from the cruise company) about a VISA in Jordan. I want very much to visit Petra, but because of time constraints and my own need for control, I would like to not take an organized tour. Will the ship, MSC Lirica cover me with a temporary ships visa, like in Oman and Dubai, or am I on my own? Even the cruise line will not give me a yes or no answer!!!! Yours truly, Frustrated Mary

Curious if you were successful in getting to Petra? Any advice to share?

Rebecca

Oh my, do I have a Petra story, along with about 600 other cruisers!  I did get to Petra.  I ended up taking the ships shore excursion at a cost of 200 euros.  It was awful, but that may have been because of the weather.  There was a flood at Petra and we should never have been let in. Our tour guides basically dissappeared and we were on our own for hours and hours!  Of course since it was a ships tour the ship could not leave us and we were probably over 2 hour late getting aback to the ship.  My friend did get a taxi and got there and back in plenty of time, and there were plenty of taxis at the Pier and at Petra.  The ship kept our passports, which I was uneasy about.  It all worked out, but it was a bad day!

On 11/29/2018 at 4:35 PM, zwho said:

Oh my, do I have a Petra story, along with about 600 other cruisers!  I did get to Petra.  I ended up taking the ships shore excursion at a cost of 200 euros.  It was awful, but that may have been because of the weather.  There was a flood at Petra and we should never have been let in. Our tour guides basically dissappeared and we were on our own for hours and hours!  Of course since it was a ships tour the ship could not leave us and we were probably over 2 hour late getting aback to the ship.  My friend did get a taxi and got there and back in plenty of time, and there were plenty of taxis at the Pier and at Petra.  The ship kept our passports, which I was uneasy about.  It all worked out, but it was a bad day!

Sorry to hear that you had a poor tour in Petra - I found the site amazing but was not visiting from a cruise ship so had plenty of time in the area.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, zwho said:

The downpour & flood, which was very unusual, made the news media in the UK. 

Eleven people lost their lives (not in the Petra site).

Such a shame that it happened to be the day you were there.

JB :classic_sad:

• 10 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 6:35 PM, zwho said:

Oh no!  I was there two weeks before the flood.  What a disaster it was.  Petra is an amazing place to visit...so sorry you had a bad experience.