Laundry Special

one eyed jim

I've never seen it done on any Princess ship...but they do have self service laundry available ($3 per wash, $3 per day, $1.50 for products or bring your own).

I assume you are asking about the deals like "fill a bag for $30" as I've seen on some other lines.

I have not seen it during my cruises but we tend to cruise during holidays.

If you do want to do your own laundry, bring your own supplies (detergent/dryer sheets if you use them), otherwise it adds up quickly, $3 to wash, $3 to dry. In the past, I've had to do two dryer runs to get clothes to dry, but the last cruises I've done have only required 1.

The only time we have ever seen it was on the Coral, when we did the two PC cruises that were 10 days. All the others, including the Emerald in which they were 7 days or less, we have never seen the bag of laundry special.

On those two cruises, it was around day five or six, they offered it and it was noted in the Daily Patter:

42743272332_dfd7eff177.jpgLaundry by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Edited by Eagle_and_hawk

• 3 months later...
The only time we have ever seen it was on the Coral, when we did the two PC cruises that were 10 days. All the others, including the Emerald in which they were 7 days or less, we have never seen the bag of laundry special.

On those two cruises, it was around day five or six, they offered it and it was noted in the Daily Patter:

42743272332_dfd7eff177.jpgLaundry by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We will be on a 12 day UK cruise on the Crown Princess in 2019 and a 25 day cruise on the Island Princess in Jan 2020. Do you think we might see this special as they are longer cruises than the 10 day cruise you saw it on?

We will be on a 12 day UK cruise on the Crown Princess in 2019 and a 25 day cruise on the Island Princess in Jan 2020. Do you think we might see this special as they are longer cruises than the 10 day cruise you saw it on?

I would have no idea since most of our cruises are 7 days. We are going on the Caribbean Princess next month for a 10-day spin around the Caribbean. We keep all the patters and will keep an eye on them to see if it's offered mid-cruise like our experience on the Coral.

No doing manual laundry on a cruise. That is taboo! It looks like we'll have to move on to plan B. On our last 20 day cruise, we bought enough cheap underwear at Wal-Mart to cover the entire cruise. We'll just bring them again. This way all we have to have cleaned are the

shirts and pants we wear.

I would have no idea since most of our cruises are 7 days.

I have occasionally seen this on 7-day cruises.

I particularly noticed, because someone had posted here that it was never offered on 7 day cruises.

'Never' and 'Always' should never (oops) be used when discussing princess.

I think it may be offered on the whim of whoever is preparing the patter.

Or, seriously, depending on how much laundry is being handled.